Author Topic: An end to nude-o-scopy.  (Read 7680 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: An end to nude-o-scopy.
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 08:15:30 PM »
Flights to Vegas are cheap.  Especially when bought to make a deliberate political statement.

Problem for me is that it is mostly the return home boarding that is so unpleasant.  And if I have to go away, I really want to get home.

While I resent the intrusions on principle, the TSA folks in Billings are actually pretty nice.  But you still have to take off your shoes, hat, jacket, etc and pull out your laptop :(

It was at LAX (or maybe Grand Rapids?) that somebody made a fuss about my neckerchief, but finally said okay.  Do they make men take off their necktie now ???   :mad:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 08:53:29 PM »
Or go into the Raymond J. Johnson Jr. tirade (don't know if that bit works without a zoot suit and a cigar for props)

"You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me Johnny, or you can call me Sonny, or..."
"It's good, though..."

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 06:17:57 PM »
Me and the girlfriend just said no last week when we were on our way to Mexico from Newark.
So here we are in the priority security line. (she has the continental gold thing)
They were just having people go through the regular metal detector. The min we walk up the want us to go through the microwave.
She says no first (shockingly) then me. They have us walk around the metal detector. Why I don't know? Still could have prison hidden a knife.
So one pats here down after long stupid tsa rant. My turn, guy pats down my shoulders sides etc. He kneels down in front of me, this is where the fun begins. Note my back is to the other people in line.
I start rolling my head and twitching around like I'm enjoying something. My final laugh was to say loudly " why your down there" and "less teeth please"
Made a few other people laugh in line and stopped the pat down quickly it seemed.

On the way back from the cacun airport.
Fly threw metal detector, I don't even know if it was on. None of them ever beeped. They might only have been set to catch a metal baseball bat.
Passport check in Newark, stamp no questions.
Get luggage.
Customs at Newark. 3 people working total. Waved everyone through.

Small stock of Cuban cigars, check.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods