Author Topic: Wind Power and Dead Eagles  (Read 1350 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Wind Power and Dead Eagles
« on: August 16, 2011, 08:31:47 PM »
Because I can't seem to leave alone how "uncool" businesses like Exxon always get the finger pointing, and "cool" businesses like wind power get the, "look the other way" treatment, I must post this story.

The part that is of interest to me is how Exxon, mainstream power companies, and some guy who raises fish all got hit with fines and jail, and how US Fish and Wildlife is turning a blind eye to Eagle deaths caused by wind turbines.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/08/16/energy-in-america-dead-birds-unintended-consequence-wind-power-development/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Wind Power and Dead Eagles
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 08:40:46 PM »
Because I can't seem to leave alone how "uncool" businesses like Exxon always get the finger pointing, and "cool" businesses like wind power get the, "look the other way" treatment, I must post this story.

The part that is of interest to me is how Exxon, mainstream power companies, and some guy who raises fish all got hit with fines and jail, and how US Fish and Wildlife is turning a blind eye to Eagle deaths caused by wind turbines.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/08/16/energy-in-america-dead-birds-unintended-consequence-wind-power-development/

Follow the money.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2060605/posts

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 08:57:30 AM »
Follow the money.

Nancy Pelosi. Say no more.

She reminds me more and more of "Mother" from Mom's Friendly Robot Company on Futarama.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 10:01:09 AM »
I wonder if Pelosi lost all of her money, since that project is dead.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 10:26:48 AM »
Nancy Pelosi. Say no more.

She reminds me more and more of "Mother" from Mom's Friendly Robot Company on Futarama.
[popcorn]  Oh yeah .........    :lol: :lol: :lol:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero