Author Topic: Coburn: 'It's a Good Thing I Can't Pack a Gun on the Senate Floor'  (Read 1208 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Kind of proud that I'm from Oklahoma.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/18/coburn-its-good-thing-cant-pack-gun-on-senate-floor/?test=latestnews

Responding to a man who claimed the president is trying to destroy the country, the newspaper reported that Coburn offered a mixed review of Obama, saying the president is "very bright" and loves his country, but his political philosophy is "goofy and wrong."

The president's "intent is not to destroy, his intent is to create dependency because it worked so well for him. As an African-American male" Obama received "tremendous advantage from a lot of these programs," Coburn reportedly said.

Man speaks the truth.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

longeyes

• friend
Re: Coburn: 'It's a Good Thing I Can't Pack a Gun on the Senate Floor'
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 09:52:33 AM »
A truly smart man would not promote dependency.  An honorable man would not promote one group at the expense of another.

This isn't truth, it's the usual kind of useless--but dangerous--platitudinizing that characterizes much of even allegedly "conservative" thought today from people in power who ought to know better.

I've heard that Coburn and Obama are close, by the way; that Obama courted Coburn as a "mentor" early on in his Senate days.  If true this might explain the remarks, but it wouldn't justify them. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 10:00:01 AM »
I don't believe that Coburn is promoting dependecy.  He is pointing out the fact of what happens when you become dependent.

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 10:12:03 AM »
I was referring to OBAMA.

If Coburn can't grasp what the effect of Obama's policies are and how wrong they are, he should resign.  It is easy for him to be generous about Obama; it is also ignoble.

From the outset Obama's allegiance has been to the global underclass, NOT to the American people.  Coburn is another sanctimonious sentimentalist masquerading as a "conservative."
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 10:16:36 AM »
I believe Coburn does grasp the effect of Obama's policies or lack there of.  He isn't being generous either.  I believe he is pointing out that even though the President may have a lot of book smarts he lacks street smarts.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 11:21:10 AM »
I think he underestimates Obama's "street smarts;" he's doing a pretty damn good job of sabotage so far in my humble estimation.  Of course, God knows, he's got a lot of help, even from people who, nominally, should understand the threat posed by this man's administration.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.