Author Topic: Outlook Web Access - Worthless  (Read 6215 times)

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
Re: Outlook Web Access - Worthless
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 10:53:34 AM »
He's using Outlook WEB Access, so most of these tips and tricks won't fly.  It's close to Outlook but not the same.

Fistful, my advice is to only use IE with OWA.  It doesn't play nice with other browsers.  Gives me merry hob with Chrome.

After 10 years with Lotus Notes, I'm very happy to be using Outlook.

10 years of Lotus Notes would make me yearn for anything.  Hell, I'd take Herpes over Notes.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 10:57:28 AM »
Never been to Carl's Jr? Meh, other than it being kind of a late-night drunken greasy cheeseburger kind of SoCal icon hangout there really isn't much that sets it apart from others.

I had never heard of them either before serving a three month sentence of software labor in Santa Clarita earlier this year.  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 11:06:14 AM »

10 years of Lotus Notes would make me yearn for anything.  Hell, I'd take Herpes over Notes.

I thought they were a package deal?

I've been supporting north of 40 exchange servers for over 10 years now and liked the OWA progression.  For OWA (Outlook Web App) now instead of Outlook Web Access, the latest versions are much better.  OWA 2003 was the first one that was actually usable, 2007 was better, now 2010 is pretty danged good.  Not the full outlook 2010 client, but not bad at all.  I do ok with firefox in OWA as long as I don't need to go into public folders which require IE.

We've started reselling the MS hosted Office365 product and have about 35 users on it amongst a few companies.  Depending on the package the folks can use outlook 2007 or 2010 they already own, office 2010 professional plus as a subscription, or web app only which has the web versions of the basic office apps in addition to OWA.  Folks have been pretty happy with it so far in the 2 months it has been live despite the outage for several hours (one of the dangers of "cloud" computing).  We will be moving to it internally as soon as we figure out a couple of things with our CRM package.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 02:14:33 PM »
He's using Outlook WEB Access, so most of these tips and tricks won't fly.  It's close to Outlook but not the same.

Fistful, my advice is to only use IE with OWA.  It doesn't play nice with other browsers.  Gives me merry hob with Chrome.

That's a good point. I was using an IE tab in Firefox.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 02:17:08 PM »
So I'm trying to send an email to a couple of people with my work email account. Naturally, I type the first address into the box, comma, the second address. Since the beginning of time, this has worked with any email system I have used. But it doesn't work here. It, apparently, thinks that I have entered one long, misformatted address. This offends me into a state of low dudgeon, but I remain calm and attempt to cut and paste the second address into the CC box. Oh, no. Outlook Web Access will have none of this. Cut? No. Copy? Not allowed. Backspacing, deleting or otherwise editing the addresses I've entered? It shall not be. All I can do is erase them and type them over again.

This raises me to a state of medium dudgeon, which is a terrible thing to behold.

The computer survived.

Thank you for reading this rant, which has been brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Web client versions of most local apps tend to be crap. It's an industry standard.  =D
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 03:59:40 PM »
OMG! Could I just get a *expletive deleted*ing list of the required viewing materials already?

Hey, who let this joker in?!?!

After 10 years with Lotus Notes, I'm very happy to be using Outlook.  I practically live in Outlook these days. 

Chris

Notus Bloats is a tool of the Devil.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 05:10:43 PM »
Thanks for the list. Have seen Pulp Fiction, Boondock Saints, Demolition Man and many John Wayne movies. Firefly marathon begins tonight.

Does that count for anything?
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 05:15:02 PM »
Edgar Friendly's monologue in "Demolition Man" definitely counts. And "Firefly" of course. :lol:

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 05:21:15 PM »
Edgar Friendly: "You see, according to Cocteau's plan, I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read.
I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?"
I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay?
I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section.
I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine.
Why?
Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal?
 I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is?
It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener".

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2011, 05:24:04 PM »
One of the best rants of all time, right there. Back to your normally scheduled fistfulness.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2011, 05:38:47 PM »
Thanks for the list. Have seen Pulp Fiction, Boondock Saints, Demolition Man and many John Wayne movies. Firefly marathon begins tonight.

I would add Fight Club to the list also.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 05:39:43 PM »
And Army of Darkness.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 07:43:29 PM »
Added it.

I would add Fight Club to the list also.

But I thought--
Oh. Never mind.

America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 08:18:33 PM »
To my knowledge, Master Leary has not yet appeared in public wearing only green Jell-o. Until he rescinds his threat to do so, it may be safest to remain indoors, or perhaps to track him by some method, to avoid proximity. Let us look into this matter.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2011, 04:31:50 PM »

A good beginning. See also Falling Down, another great film.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2011, 05:16:29 PM »
Sergio Leone's "Dollars" trilogy, of course.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden