Author Topic: Obama's uncle  (Read 4671 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Obama's uncle
« on: August 30, 2011, 11:58:50 AM »
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1362374

How do you suppose this guy got an SSN 19 years ago?  Obama didn't have the clout for that back then.  I don't think he was even an Illinois State Senator, back then.  Still community-agitatin'. 

Anyone wanna take bets that he'll end up deported?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
Re: Obama's uncle
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 12:09:29 PM »
Isn't the reality that we have no idea how many millions have found their way here and never left and that they have no trouble getting needed documents or finding helpers, enablers, and advocates from all kinds of sources?  Uncle Obama points to a much vaster problem that few want to really look at.

This will be a story for two, three days and then summarily buried.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 12:16:48 PM »
Like they buried the story about Obama's drunken driving?  ;)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 12:49:31 PM »
One year to the next election.....sucks to be the uncle!  Maybe he'll send Barry a postcard from Kenya....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 01:18:29 PM »
Wait. This same story was posted here days ago, and both threads were locked. What makes this one special?

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 01:25:06 PM »
Onyango, the half-brother of the president’s father identified in some press accounts as “Uncle Omar,” initially denied drinking but admitted having “two beers”
Always two beers. :laugh:
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 04:11:39 PM »
Wait. This same story was posted here days ago, and both threads were locked. What makes this one special?

Not sure.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 04:18:44 PM »
It wasn't a sideways attempt to portray the DD as Barack Obama.

Chris

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 04:45:21 PM »
They were not sideways attempts, they were humorous attempts, actually. I kinda thought humor was on our meme list at APS. Maybe not.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 06:17:11 PM »
They were not sideways attempts, they were humorous attempts, actually. I kinda thought humor was on our meme list at APS. Maybe not.

Idiotic would be my characterization.  This thread started without the being misleading.  Hell, from the first thread (the one I locked), I didn't even realize it was his uncle that was being talked about. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 07:41:59 PM »
So you thought it was actually an article about the president being pulled over for drunk driving and you locked it?  ???

I smells a conspiracy!  [tinfoil] Secret Obama lover!!
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 08:07:09 PM »
Idiotic would be my characterization.  This thread started without the being misleading. Hell, from the first thread (the one I locked), I didn't even realize it was his uncle that was being talked about.   

:laugh: :P
Jokes are frequently misleading, at first. I guess we can't have April Fools on APS anymore.  =(

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 08:25:28 PM »
So you thought it was actually an article about the president being pulled over for drunk driving and you locked it?  ???

I smells a conspiracy!  [tinfoil] Secret Obama lover!!

Oh sweet baby xenu.

Jokes are frequently misleading, at first. I guess we can't have April Fools on APS anymore.  =(

I can think of one joke right now.
JD

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 11:42:41 AM »
It's September.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 11:43:12 AM »
Didn't Obama recently stop all deportations?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 11:52:16 AM »
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/09/09/obamas_uncle_quietly_released_from_jail/?p1=Local_Links

He's been released.  No statement from ICE or Framingham PD.  No one knows where he is.

This loser's background really cracks me up:

Onyango Obama came to America in 1963 to attend a prestigious preparatory school in Cambridge but dropped out and was initially ordered to leave the country in 1989. He appealed to the Board of Immigration Appeals, but lost in 1992.

Earlier this month, Bratton said Obama would fight deportation and hoped to remain in the United States. Obama has lived here for almost 50 years, since he was a young man under the limited supervision of the president’s late father.

Obama had worked for the past five years at Conti Liquors in Framingham, where he was praised as a good worker and beloved employee.

Prep school drop-out, doesn't do anything else with his life, ordered deported 22 years ago, fiddles with the system with repeated appeals of the toothless orders to deport.  His great contribution to our society?  Liquor store employee. ;/

I hope to God we never elect another POTUS from a similar broken, ramshackle family.  Dysfunction can be inherited... and we don't need dysfunction embodied in the office of President.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 12:05:50 PM »
Just waiting for the Presidential Pardon after the election next year.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 01:20:33 PM »
Just waiting for the Presidential Pardon after the election next year.

Presidential Pardon for DUI?

Is the POTUS empowered to pardon State or Municipal violations of criminal code?  I thought he could only pardon federal violations.

Aside from the legal issues... I'd hate to have a legacy of nepotistic pardons for petty misdemeanors.
--Lysander Spooner

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 01:52:15 PM »
Presidential Pardon for DUI?

Is the POTUS empowered to pardon State or Municipal violations of criminal code?  I thought he could only pardon federal violations.

Aside from the legal issues... I'd hate to have a legacy of nepotistic pardons for petty misdemeanors.

No the pardon for being here illegally.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 09:08:20 PM »
Prep school drop-out, doesn't do anything else with his life, ordered deported 22 years ago, fiddles with the system with repeated appeals of the toothless orders to deport.  His great contribution to our society?  Liquor store employee.

I hope to God we never elect another POTUS from a similar broken, ramshackle family.  Dysfunction can be inherited... and we don't need dysfunction embodied in the office of President.

Dysfunction?!?  He has a job and he's a homeowner!  =D

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 11:30:48 PM »
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/09/09/obamas_uncle_quietly_released_from_jail/?p1=Local_Links

He's been released.  No statement from ICE or Framingham PD.  No one knows where he is.
I'm sure that him being related to Obama has nothing to do with him being released ;/. Think I would've been released had they found me on day 91 of a 90 day tourist visa? ;/
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 10:49:42 AM »
Uncle O. is a card-carrying member of the new para-America we've allowed to grow inside this nation over the last several decades.  We continue to downplay the enormity of this phenomenon, and, of course, we have a government that cares little about such niceties as "citizenship" any more.  This is not about invasion, it's about replacement.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 03:40:32 PM »
I'm sure that him being related to Obama has nothing to do with him being released ;/. Think I would've been released had they found me on day 91 of a 90 day tourist visa? ;/

yes
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 04:11:51 PM »
Who cares if he has a job? He's in the country illegally. Deport.

Had he been a citizen it would not have mattered if he has a job - it is not anybody's legal duty to have a job.

However if you are a non-citizen... wait, it still doesn't matter. You go to a foreign country, you abide by their laws. One of the laws is to get a visa. Next issue.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 04:17:18 PM »
Who cares if he has a job? He's in the country illegally. Deport.

Had he been a citizen it would not have mattered if he has a job - it is not anybody's legal duty to have a job.

However if you are a non-citizen... wait, it still doesn't matter. You go to a foreign country, you abide by their laws. One of the laws is to get a visa. Next issue.

Thread win.

(not that O. Obama will ever face justice,  but still)