Author Topic: Charges Dropped Against Idaho Grizzly Shooter, Still Fined  (Read 1089 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Charges Dropped Against Idaho Grizzly Shooter, Still Fined
« on: September 08, 2011, 10:27:59 AM »
I can't remember if this was one of the bear stories we've discussed here or not, I didn't see any thread titles that stood out.

Nevertheless, this is so lame. State and local govts basically back this guy up, but the Feds decide they need to go after him. If this story hadn't made the news, I would bet they'd still be trying to go after him. Even now they are insisting on the $1000 fine. I wish there would have been a legal fund for the homeowner to be able to go to trial.

In any case, what we learn from this story is: Shoot. Shovel. Shut up.

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/09/08/jackboot-watch-update-federal-charges-against-grizzly-shooter-dad-dropped/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Charges Dropped Against Idaho Grizzly Shooter, Still Fined
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 11:04:00 PM »
I remember reading about it on some forum, not sure if it was here or not.
I hope the guy refuses to pay and insist on a trial, I heard the fed bureaucrat insisting on fines is an Obama appointee ... I'm shocked!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 08:36:36 AM »
Dad's only response to the Fed fine should be one finger....pointed straight up....I'll leave it to him to pick the finger....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 10:22:57 PM »
Shoot. Shovel. Shut up.
Shoot. Sprinkle. Shovel. Shut up.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 01:49:15 AM »
This happened up the road from me. There was a very large outpouring of local assistance. The kids 4-H pig sold several times (IIRC) at the fair and raised about 19k dollars for the family.

Here is one of the local stations coverage of the event.

http://www.krem.com/news/local/Charges-dismissed-against-N-Idaho-man-charged-with-killing-grizzly-129413943.html

Here is another with statements from the shooter and his lawyer.

http://www.khq.com/story/15413849/charges-dropped-against-bonners-ferry-man-who-killed-grizzly

bob