Author Topic: PATRIOT Act Just LEO Wish List: < 1% Delayed Notice Warrants For Terrorism  (Read 2727 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
http://www.saysuncle.com/2011/09/07/a-picture-1000-words/
http://nymag.com/news/9-11/10th-anniversary/patriot-act/

Delayed-Notice Search Warrants

Code: [Select]

Purpose Number Pct Mult of Terr
drugs 1618 92.19% 108
fraud 122 6.95% 8
terror 15 0.85% 1

Only 0.85% of such warrants.  108 times more likely to be used against alleged drug offenders.

Is there any wonder why folks who are paying attention don't trust our LEO apparatchiks?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ned Hamford

• friend
Re: PATRIOT Act Just LEO Wish List: < 1% Delayed Notice Warrants For Terrorism
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 11:25:48 AM »
Well now, I have it on good authority [government issue school posters] that drug money finances terrorism.  Therefore all those drug warrants really count as strikes against terrorists. :police:

Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 12:31:28 PM »

The person who created that graphic does not understand how gears work.

Yes, the Patriot Act was a wish list. It came up way too fast to be anything else. I expected it to be altered at the very least during Obama - his side has been screaming about it for years now.

The WoD is also what leads to many of the "racist police" denouncements. Overall drug use rates between whites and blacks is about equal, with most studies showing blacks using more - a 2-3 percent difference. Arrest rates for possession do not follow this slight difference at all.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 12:56:25 PM »

Yes, the Patriot Act was a wish list. It came up way too fast to be anything else. I expected it to be altered at the very least during Obama - his side has been screaming about it for years now.

They only screamed about it because they wanted to appeal to all of us that knew it for the sham it was, and gain power.  Now that they have power, they don't care about it.

This is why Republicans and Democrats are both just opposite sides of the Statist coin.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 03:13:04 PM »
Is there any wonder why folks who are paying attention don't trust our LEO apparatchiks?
Quite interesting.
I was talking to our county sheriff this morning - he is an old friend.

He was telling me about a bench warrant issued for a local woman who has been a thorn in his side for a while now.
I asked him why they did not just go to her house, where they believe she is hiding and pull her out.
He advised me that they still needed a warrant based on probable cause to enter her residence in spite of the bench warrant, which made me feel better.

He then told me about the local felon roundup that they conducted with the Federal Marshal Service last year.
The Marshals were able to enter residences without PC warrants and drag the felons out - the SO was not.

Before we could finish our conversation, he had to take off.
I am definitely going to finish this conversation with him and understand the reduced federal restrictions on the lack of warrants. 
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 08:46:27 AM »
The person who created that graphic does not understand how gears work.

As it pertains to the WoD, it's geared just right....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 09:32:58 PM »

*shrug*  Some of us claimed this would be the sole purpose immediately after it was passed.  As I recall, it was often Republicans who acted horrified that ANYONE would dare think the government would abuse such a necessary anti-terrorism law. 

Naturally, the Dems screamed their head off on the law.  Until they came to power.  Now it's kinda handy.

Heh.  Funny, that.  I giggle when folks defend one party as being better than the other.  It's kinda like folks who say "our team" or "we" when they refer to a sports team that they personally favor.  The sole purpose of the team is to make money, from said folks.  They are not owners or employees, they are the actual product.  The sports team is just the advertising.   

At least sports provide entertainment and only minor economic damage to the locations they inhabit.  If you wish to understand our current system, read up on Victor Berger.  It is most fascinating.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.