Author Topic: how bad  (Read 11001 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
how bad
« on: September 08, 2011, 01:29:57 PM »
is it between paul and perry?  i gotta admit perry going over to pauls lectern rubs me the wrong way

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/sep/8/perry-vs-paul-texas-sized-war/
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

CNYCacher

• friend
Re: how bad
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 01:42:22 PM »
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 01:46:17 PM »
huh  thats even worse\

i think perry was stung cause paul was right
and i really gotta question his "bypass the legislature" policy
so mitt and rick are out  who's next?  paul is looking better to me each day
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 01:56:16 PM »
i wish paul , or someone else for that matter, had popped perry in the chops.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 02:01:08 PM »
huh  thats even worse\

True story.

I have talked to more than a few people who like RP (almost always with exception to his foreign policy--but that is truly the man's only weak point). The standard line of thought: "Yeah he was right about the Crash, and the economy, and the Fed, but nobody will vote for him because he sounds like a crazy old man."

I've literally heard iterations of that a hundred times. People think they are the only ones in the crowd who are secret Paul fans when in reality, the Media has kept such a tight lid on him that those who think "huh, he has some good points" don't say anything because they think their buddies would make fun of them.

Screw 'em. Ron Paul, crazy or not, is the only one who has a handle on how this mess started and how to fix it.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 02:01:40 PM »
huh  thats even worse\

What was the issue they were discussing?

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 02:05:04 PM »
when perry crossed over during the commercial?
i think it was perry's hurt feelings

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 02:30:11 PM »
We already had a debate thread. For people who waste their time with that sort of thing.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 02:56:49 PM »
Perry was introduced at my alma mater as "a good old boy who knows the good old boy system." This was a high compliment.

Perry's working hard to play the libertarian card - look at how Paul's numbers dropped once Perry said he was running. Perry's now trashing the Federal Reserve. Paul is his biggest enemy, since Paul also appeals strongly to the libertarian contingent. The liberal wing of the Republican party goes to Mitt, with lesser numbers going to Huntsman. Perry's got to get the more conservative wing. And with Bachmann taking the religious right element and Paul taking the libertarians, Perry might very well be screwed.

Besides that, he's probably mad at being called a Texas cheerleader in Paul's latest ad.  :laugh:

i wish paul , or someone else for that matter, had popped perry in the chops.
:lol:
That would've been great television.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 03:09:36 PM »
Perry's working hard to play the libertarian card - look at how Paul's numbers dropped once Perry said he was running. Perry's now trashing the Federal Reserve. Paul is his biggest enemy, since Paul also appeals strongly to the libertarian contingent. The liberal wing of the Republican party goes to Mitt, with lesser numbers going to Huntsman. Perry's got to get the more conservative wing. And with Bachmann taking the religious right element and Paul taking the libertarians, Perry might very well be screwed
Does it not seem like every election cycle is simply just political theatre to nominate a predetermined candidate?

I don't see how mitt doesn't get the nomination- the media will always be biased towards the weakest repub candidate.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 03:51:12 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that it is a good thing for these folks to make a fight of it?  I think that whoever emerges from the scrap will be better for it.  "Steel sharpens steel" and all that.

I am glad Paul is nipping at Perry's right flank.  I also liked born-again-hard on immigration Mitt getting after Perry's squishy illegal alien/border policy.  If Mitt & Paul can toughen up Perry, all the better if he gets the nomination.

Paul is no great threat to Perry, though.  Best he could do is either take a point or two or force Perry to tack right a bit.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 03:58:56 PM »
I also liked born-again-hard on

Thats what she said.

Barack Obama

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 05:19:02 PM »
Thats what she said.

Don't hyphenventilate over a play on words.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 06:20:54 PM »
Does it not seem like every election cycle is simply just political theatre to nominate a predetermined candidate?

I don't see how mitt doesn't get the nomination- the media will always be biased towards the weakest repub candidate.

I wouldn't be surprised at a Romney/Huntsman ticket from the stupid party.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 06:47:15 PM »
Remember Perry snubbed/insulted Paul in the previous primary. Remember "no Texans running for President"?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 03:49:28 AM »
Better pictures here

http://www.freedom-won.net/rick-perry-threatens-ron-paul-during-gop-debate-commercial/#more-1685

Was feeling bored, so I took the current poll data from the MSNBC website and properly proportioned all the bars on the graph relative to each other. Looks a lot different now for some reason.  ;/

Before:

After:

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 07:34:25 AM »
Was feeling bored, so I took the current poll data from the MSNBC website and properly proportioned all the bars on the graph relative to each other. Looks a lot different now for some reason.  ;/

Before:

After:

It bothers me that the Paulites continue to throw polls, intentionally.

At least that's what I think they're doing... ;/

brimic

• friends
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 08:14:39 AM »

At least that's what I think they're doing...
Maybe Paul won't get ignored by the media then?

Barack Obama

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 09:18:57 AM »

Do you have proof the poll has been thrown? Even moving my laptop to a different IP address (ie. from home to work) didn't allow me to vote a second time.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 09:34:48 AM »
Do you have proof the poll has been thrown? Even moving my laptop to a different IP address (ie. from home to work) didn't allow me to vote a second time.

Clean out cookies.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 09:43:30 AM »

More likely that he is simply more popular than you expect.

Also, when the pollster engages in blatant misrepresentation like that, the word of the poll spreads faster among Paul supporters than other supporters.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 10:07:21 AM »
More likely that he is simply more popular than you expect.

Also, when the pollster engages in blatant misrepresentation like that, the word of the poll spreads faster among Paul supporters than other supporters.

Is it blatant misrepresentation, or is it making things fit on a web page? It still shows Paul with a huge lead, so what's the problem?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 11:10:59 AM »
Clean out cookies.

Tried that as well, still didn't allow me to vote more than once.

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 12:23:06 PM »
Tried that as well, still didn't allow me to vote more than once.

I don't think they're voting twice. I think an e-mail goes out the night before to the Ron Paul list that says "make sure to vote for Ron tomorrow after the debate! Even if he loses miserably! (which he didn't). And because there are so many die-hard Paulites out there they show up and vote in greater numbers than Perry or Romney fans.

It's not that they're THROWING the poll, per se, it's just that they are organizing to a degree that makes the results invalid.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 12:32:01 PM »
I don't think they're voting twice. I think an e-mail goes out the night before to the Ron Paul list that says "make sure to vote for Ron tomorrow after the debate! Even if he loses miserably! (which he didn't). And because there are so many die-hard Paulites out there they show up and vote in greater numbers than Perry or Romney fans.

It's not that they're THROWING the poll, per se, it's just that they are organizing to a degree that makes the results invalid.

Not like it's Paul's fault the other candidates' supporters can't be bothered to get off their freakin' couches and vote for them...