Author Topic: stick a fork in him  (Read 19041 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: stick a fork in him
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2011, 11:55:32 PM »

Gee, I heard that this is Perry's new bodyguard. Rickie will be a No Fork Zone now!  =D

Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2011, 01:10:49 AM »
Gee, I heard that this is Perry's new bodyguard. Rickie will be a No Fork Zone now!  =D

Holy Heyzeus M. Christ on a flaming pogo stick.  You like pokin' c&sd with sharp stick doncha.   You're hunting over bait and it ain't sporting. 

Oh, and roo_ster, you owe me one keyboard, monitor and a Red Stag & coke for:
Shh!  Don't confuse CSD with data when he has his "I H8 Texas" cap on.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2011, 07:20:40 AM »
Just remember: a lot of these people who are now sating they won't vote for a RINO will soon be looking for an excuse to do so.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2011, 08:40:27 AM »
You like pokin' c&sd with sharp stick doncha.   You're hunting over bait and it ain't sporting.
Oh please! He has hammered me so dam many times over the years that this is like an ant crawling up an elephant *expletive deleted*ss with rape on it's mind.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2011, 09:03:12 AM »
I guess a lot of people are anxious to cut there noses off to spite their faces...... :facepalm:

There's also a little matter of:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."

I don't want to push dealing with the collapse of the entitlement state off to my children. Either I will vote for someone who will reform, reduce, and (note that's not an "or")repeal it or I want the Democrats to go full speed ahead and crash it.

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2011, 11:59:02 AM »
Quote from: Makattak
Quote from: TommyGunn on September 15, 2011, 10:50:15 PM
I guess a lot of people are anxious to cut there noses off to spite their faces......

Quote from: makattak on August 12, 2011, 07:44:09 AM
There's also a little matter of:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."

I don't want to push dealing with the collapse of the entitlement state off to my children. Either I will vote for someone who will reform, reduce, and (note that's not an "or")repeal it or I want the Democrats to go full speed ahead and crash it

Even better than having a *$#^%%^ in our time, how about getting the best electable person in office so we can better avoid the *&*&^^*&#$#%%.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2011, 12:19:44 PM »
Even better than having a *$#^%%^ in our time, how about getting the best electable person in office so we can better avoid the *&*&^^*&#$#%%.

The "best electable" person is a matter of opinion. If the nominee ends up being some moderate squish who doesn't want to rock the boat and will only make gestures towards "fixing" things but no real progress (again, I'm looking at you, Mitt), then we aren't "avoiding" anything. We're delaying it.

We can't only play defense anymore. We need to push back. A feeble, milquetoast moderate won't push back. He'll make "adjustments" to Obamacare. He'll "tweak" social security. He'll "study" Medicare.

That's not acceptable to me anymore.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2011, 01:14:23 PM »
Last I heard, Mitt was against Obamacare.  
Yea I know he did Mittcare in his home state.  But he's against it nationally.
Think he won't try to get rid of it?
You know, a lot depends on what happens in kongress as well.  We need to get the senate.  Right now we have part of the House -- and only enough to throw around monkeywrenches and jam up the works.
If we REALLY want to undo 4 years of Obamanation....or 12 years of BushiObamanation, we need the SENATE as well.  It's not all about the oval office.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2011, 01:28:18 PM »

Wait.

Let me get this straight.

You are actually suggesting that Mitt Romney should be the Republican candidate?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2011, 01:39:24 PM »

Wait.

You are actually suggesting that Mitt Romney should be the Republican candidate?

He's not alone.  I hear Mitt is keen on the idea.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2011, 01:39:34 PM »

Wait.

He has an R next to his name, doesn't that make him awesome? :D

Chris

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2011, 01:41:16 PM »

Wait.

No.  Maybe I'd prefer Perry. (cool Perry factor: "Perry" was my mother's maiden name.)
But I will be voting against Obama no matter who the Repub candidate is.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2011, 01:50:35 PM »
You know, a lot depends on what happens in kongress as well.  We need to get the senate.  Right now we have part of the House -- and only enough to throw around monkeywrenches and jam up the works.
If we REALLY want to undo 4 years of Obamanation....or 12 years of BushiObamanation, we need the SENATE as well.  It's not all about the oval office.

The senate is key.  Unless Reid is gone, nothing can really occur--he has flat out refused to bring bills to the floor for votes, and the senate hasn't passed a budget in over two years (three?). 

On that note, WTF?!  Why is there not more outrage about that?  Do people just not know, or do they just don't care?

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2011, 02:20:54 PM »
He's not alone.  I hear Mitt is keen on the idea.
Hot damn - I can get 3 more wives!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2011, 02:28:11 PM »
What's the problem?  Virtually everyone running for federal office is a corrupt/connected/shmoozed/pampered self centered person with a large ego.  If they are not so when running the first time, they will be in short order, with a few exceptions.

I never look at what they say, I look at what they do insofar as I am able.

I like Bachman.  America needs a cranky woman at the helm.

Ms. "God brought an earthquake and a hurricane to Washington to get their attention? " That Bachman? I was already down on her for some shrill stock pandering statement that referenced the faceless, clueless, hapless but lovable anonymous entity known as "The Troops" but the smiting of DC put the fork in it. No one that thinks like that needs nuclear weapons.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2011, 03:03:03 PM »
Ms. "God brought an earthquake and a hurricane to Washington to get their attention? " That Bachman? I was already down on her for some shrill stock pandering statement that referenced the faceless, clueless, hapless but lovable anonymous entity known as "The Troops" but the smiting of DC put the fork in it. No one that thinks like that needs nuclear weapons.

Boy, I don't know which one of you sounds goofier. Her comment seems more like a bad joke, but you might actually be serious. You weren't serious, were you? =|
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2011, 03:47:34 PM »
I hate to say this, but I'm with fistful. Bachmann seems far more of a genuine conservative than Perry Romney too.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2011, 05:55:50 PM »
Except Bachmann hasn't been a governor and had to make the decisions that would give people reasons to hate her.  I am sure if she was governor somewhere y'all would be able to find plenty of reasons to not like her as well.  I have come to the conclusion that candidates are like Supreme Court nominees.  The only ones that aren't hated are the ones that have no paper trail. 

I have lived with Perry as my Gov for 12 years.  I can deal with him as President.  Regardless of all that stuff, he is still more conservative than most of the candidates out there IMO.  I also think he has the tools to run a decent national campaign which guys like Cain may not.

Besides, he is an Aggie.  I really want to have the first Aggie in the White House.   =D  I would REALLY like to see the string of Harvard/Yale Presidents stopped.  Romney is another Harvard elite guy.  That aristocratic trend has got to stop.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 05:59:07 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2011, 06:10:34 PM »
Except Bachmann hasn't been a governor and had to make the decisions that would give people reasons to hate her.
She has been involved in many major national issues, that governors just talk about. She has a tangible record of action (voting yay or nay) on bailouts, Obamacare, the Patriot Act, etc. Perry and Romney have no voting record on those things, just a lot of talk. Talk is cheap.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2011, 09:05:16 PM »
Besides, he is an Aggie.  I really want to have the first Aggie in the White House.   grin  I would REALLY like to see the string of Harvard/Yale Presidents stopped.  Romney is another Harvard elite guy.  That aristocratic trend has got to stop.

You say it kiddingly but I actually think it is a great idea.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:08:31 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2011, 09:41:41 PM »

You say it kiddingly but I actually think it is a great idea.

Even better, how about a NON LAWYER.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2011, 09:56:44 PM »
Even better, how about a NON LAWYER.

It would be great if a non-lawyer, perhaps a physician, ran for President.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2011, 11:41:32 PM »
It would be great if a non-lawyer, perhaps a physician, ran for President.

What sort of crazy talk is this?  Keep it up, and they'll allow them in the Senate, for the love of Pete!

Except Bachmann hasn't been a governor and had to make the decisions that would give people reasons to hate her.  I am sure if she was governor somewhere y'all would be able to find plenty of reasons to not like her as well.  I have come to the conclusion that candidates are like Supreme Court nominees.  The only ones that aren't hated are the ones that have no paper trail. 

I have lived with Perry as my Gov for 12 years.  I can deal with him as President.  Regardless of all that stuff, he is still more conservative than most of the candidates out there IMO.  I also think he has the tools to run a decent national campaign which guys like Cain may not.

Besides, he is an Aggie.  I really want to have the first Aggie in the White House.   =D  I would REALLY like to see the string of Harvard/Yale Presidents stopped.  Romney is another Harvard elite guy.  That aristocratic trend has got to stop.

I still like Bachmann in that she has been about the most consistent & vocal in opposition to BHO's policies.  She is not a career policritter, having had a tax law practice & a few other endeavors under her belt.  IOW, she is no Obama who drifted from affirmative action position to patronage position & back.

I do agree with you on Perry.  He is a known quantity to me.  I have a decent handle on all the ways he falls short in my book.  Despite that, he'll do as a non-RINO GOP nominee.

The Aggie/non-lawyer deal is just icing on the cake.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2011, 08:19:53 AM »
She has been involved in many major national issues, that governors just talk about. She has a tangible record of action (voting yay or nay) on bailouts, Obamacare, the Patriot Act, etc. Perry and Romney have no voting record on those things, just a lot of talk. Talk is cheap.
I could probably be happy with her as my President also.  We'll see how the primaries work out. 

I guess I hate to see people tearing into Perry so hard.  I feel that if he is torn down, Romney will be the default.  I wouldn't want to see that.  Bachmann needs to show better in the primaries than she has in the polls.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »
No.  Maybe I'd prefer Perry. (cool Perry factor: "Perry" was my mother's maiden name.)
But I will be voting against Obama no matter who the Repub candidate is.

This is how we got to this point to start with. Some people never learn.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.