Author Topic: Ron Paul wins two straw polls!  (Read 2201 times)

thebaldguy

• friends
Ron Paul wins two straw polls!
« on: September 18, 2011, 01:54:27 PM »
Ron Paul just won two straw polls, but if you look at the MSM outlets, you'd almost never know. The story is either buried deep or wasn't covered in some outlets. When other candidates won straw polls, they were given front page coverage.

Even if you don't support Ron Paul, you have to admit that he is not being given equal coverage. I think it's funny that they try to ignore him. Jon Stewart had a great video about the lack of coverage.

Links added. Thanks fistful!

From the LA Times:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/09/ron-paul-rick-wins-perry-mitt-romney-california-straw-poll-bachmann-.html

From Reuters:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/18/us-usa-campaign-poll-idUSTRE75H1YX20110618
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 03:31:42 PM by thebaldguy »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Ron Paul wins two straw polls!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 03:12:33 PM »
And there are no links to the info on this thread, either. Why are you trying to cover up Ron Paul's success?  :mad:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 04:03:24 PM »
I'm not sure "won" is the proper word here.  =D =D
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 04:11:36 PM »
We get it, his supporters are really good at the straw poll game.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 09:18:16 PM »
must have been because of our hefty donations!  viva ron paul!
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 09:51:50 AM »
We get it, his supporters are really good at the straw poll game.

Funny enough, some bobble headed bimbo on FNC said pretty much exactly that the other day..... :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 10:29:05 AM »
Maybe someone should explain to his supporters that their efforts would be better spent in actually creating support rather than creating the appearance of support?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 11:15:39 AM »
Maybe someone should explain to his supporters that their efforts would be better spent in actually creating support rather than creating the appearance of support?

You sound like the talking head on Fox.  While RP does have "that" group of stinky wookie suit wearing groupies, I've met alot of people recently who both support and would vote for him that don't fit that description.

The fix is in.

The fix
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 11:21:37 AM »
I don't think Mak was saying RP is solely supported by the stereotypical basement dweller. Just that his supporters (and libertarians in general from my observations) aren't good at the actual politics of getting elected and enacting their policies. Comes from being the political party based on being against the system.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 11:27:14 AM »
I've met alot of people recently who both support and would vote for him that don't fit that description.

So have I. More than I ever recall before, and MANY more of them "mainstream voters". Heck, one of the straw poles was won in CA. I would never have expected that.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 12:14:01 PM »
You sound like the talking head on Fox.  While RP does have "that" group of stinky wookie suit wearing groupies, I've met alot of people recently who both support and would vote for him that don't fit that description.

The fix is in.

The fix

One thing leads to another.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHYIGy1dyd8&ob=av2e
http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/the_fixx/one_thing_leads_to_another.html
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton