Author Topic: Spanish version of the "national" anthem...  (Read 1238 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Spanish version of the "national" anthem...
« on: April 28, 2006, 07:45:27 PM »
You've probably heard about this, it's getting quite the play today...

Anyway, one thing that I didn't realize until I read the Reuters news article a little bit ago...

Apparently the people who put this together felt the need to do a little creative "rewriting" to some of the lyrics...

They now read, in part...

""My people keep fighting. It's time to break the chains."

WHAT chains, you bastards?

I'm really thinking it's time to ship them the hell back.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 08:02:57 PM »
Is there a full translation anywhere?
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend

jefnvk

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 09:20:38 PM »
Yep.  The first verse is incredibly crappily translated, and the second appears to be made up (I can't find any verse that it is even roughly modeled after).  I can't really buy the excuse that he is trying to convey the meaning to others, because he really screws up the meaning.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 02:21:13 AM »
Leftists at play.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 03:43:52 AM »
A great example of one reason the Mexican invasion of the US makes so many of us mad. We don't see men and women coming here to become Americans. They come here to be Mexicans in America. They keep their language, their flag, they're patriotic Mexicans. Fine and dandy south of the border, but doing your best to bend somebody else's culture to suit your own when you're on their turf ain't gonna win you friends. This crappy translation of our anthem is wonderfully symbolic of what's going on.
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 05:55:04 AM »
Night, yes, but the illegal Mexicans are the Left's New Proletariat.

The "leaders" of the illegal alien "movement" are not rallying hard-working individuals that yearn to breath free, but a radicalized Leftist base.  Until I saw Mexcian flags on the streets of my country, I saw them as just another wave of people who wish a better life and have much to contribute.

I was wrong and I have never been so mad to have been fooled like this.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 06:20:32 AM »
The worst part about the "new" version is that it was written by an Englishman.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 07:40:10 AM »
The "leaders" of the illegal alien "movement" are not rallying hard-working individuals that yearn to breath free, but a radicalized Leftist base.  Until I saw Mexcian flags on the streets of my country, I saw them as just another wave of people who wish a better life and have much to contribute.

I was wrong and I have never been so mad to have been fooled like this.
El T, Could you explain your change of heart a little further? I am of the same impression. They are coming here for a better life etc etc. What makes you think otherwise?
Avoid cliches like the plague!

jefnvk

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 08:38:03 AM »
I have a feeling most of them are normal folks trying to make a decent life.  I have no problem with that, as long as they want to come legally and work legally.

I am willing to bet that there is a minority, though, that are the people that keep the pressure up.  Their beliefs and actions are the ones that reflect upon the group.  Those are the ones that make the rest look bad.

However, even if they all just want to live a quiet, decent life, they still need to come here legally.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 08:52:36 AM »
I have to admit that I am changing my view as well.  My take mirrored Et T's regarding the desire of many to be free.  After the anthem bit, the use of May 1, a communist holiday, the knuckling under of some meat packers who are going to close Monday, the hostile comments of some of the purported "leaders" of this "brown revolution", and others, I am inclined to become more bellicose about the illegals.

If I ran a large meatpacking plant I would tell my employees that if they did not have a doctors medical excuse for a Monday absence, they are fired.  Period.  I would put out a news release to that effect and tell the American people if they have a little trouble for a short period buying chicken, etc or the price spikes it's because they are not going to tolerate being blackmailed by illegals or those that sympathize with them and that I hoped they would understand my postition in this matter.

What are these businesses going to do when the blackmail starts on a monthly basis?

In my view this problem is not about human rights, jobs or even bettering lives.  This is becoming a national security issue in that our culture is being threatened, our language is being threatened, our ability to support medicine, schools and the like are being threatened.  America is on the verge, as a result, of setting into motion the Balkanization or our country.  We should not stand for this or in a generation or so, America will no longer exist as the bastion of freedom and Constitutional Republicanism.  

Our Constitution affords no protection for those who are not legal citizens or legal guests.  Why?  Because our Constitution which does say '...the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...' also illuminates the fact that we are a nation of laws.  That fact is why we are able to be free men.  The law is impartial, men are not.  Those who would scoff at that or subvert it by twisting the fact that its guarantees apply to non citizens are on no firm legal ground.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw