Author Topic: Immigration Issue Time Capsule  (Read 1268 times)

SADShooter

• friend
Immigration Issue Time Capsule
« on: September 15, 2011, 09:23:02 PM »
I just watched an episode of Lou Grant (70's newspaper drama starring "Red" Ed Asner for the uninitiated). Immigration was the central plot theme. As you'd expect, it was a sympathetic treatment, but reasonably balanced pro and con.

It's noteworthy because the only things significantly different then to now were the clothes and cars. As I listened to the dialogue, it could have been right out of a current news story or a discussion here.

Frustrating and depressing.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Immigration Issue Time Capsule
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 11:54:51 PM »
I recall any number of TV cop shows from the 70s where the police would go into a  warehouse or whatever and yell "immigration" and it would rouse all the illegals and cause a diversion so the cops could catch their intended badguy.
It is an old old old problem .......
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 12:24:50 AM »
Maybe a creative individual could slink into the WH, scream "INS" and "IRS", and see how many run.....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 01:31:27 AM »
Maybe a creative individual could slink into the WH, scream "INS" and "IRS", and see how many run.....

Winning!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 11:40:12 AM »
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 03:47:28 PM »
No personal credit due here- I am becoming a function of the APS environment....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen