Author Topic: Squirrels nearly bring Senate to a halt  (Read 1325 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Squirrels nearly bring Senate to a halt
« on: September 15, 2011, 09:58:54 PM »
http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/15/news/economy/coburn_senate_squirrels/index.htm?cnn=yes&eref=rss_politics

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- In Tennessee, $269,000 was spent on a sanctuary for white squirrels. A Chevrolet Corvette simulator destined for a Kentucky museum cost $200,000. A Roman bath house in West Virginia was renovated for $160,000.

Believe it or not, a critical bill in the Senate was nearly brought to a standstill by a dispute over whether to fund projects like these.

These DC clowns still cannot make the right decisions, and tie pork to bills for their little pet projects.
They will never learn.

Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Squirrels nearly bring Senate to a halt
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 10:36:51 PM »
Sometimes it makes you wish for line item veto.....but that is a double edge sword.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 11:08:18 PM »
I hear ya, but that is after the fact.

As long as the rabble of 535 are patting each other on the backside with these little side deals, we are doomed, Charlie Brown.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 08:57:12 AM »
What is the point of a corvette simulator when you can buy a few corvettes for the same price.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 09:02:45 AM »
And what IS a Corvette simulator?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 09:26:52 AM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 10:52:09 AM »
I would rather spend money on 535 muppets - we could call them congressional simulators.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 12:02:12 PM »
Squirrels nearly bring Senate to a halt

QUICK!  Capture every squirrel in America and ship them to D.C.! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 12:21:46 PM »
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/67754

Zombie Squirrel Attack Shooting Game (you get 2 guns after the first level!)