Author Topic: Well, stick a fork in Romney, too.  (Read 954 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Well, stick a fork in Romney, too.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 01:34:27 PM »
i always knew carter was gonna be good for something other than carpentry someday
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 03:01:24 PM »
i always knew carter was gonna be good for something other than carpentry someday

Everyone has a purpose, even if it's just as a warning to others.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 08:20:13 PM »
Why am I thinking of a cartoon I once saw that pictured a guy in full Klan regalia holding up a sign that said "Will endorse your opponent for money." ?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain