Author Topic: Amish Mugshots  (Read 15327 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Amish Mugshots
« on: September 16, 2011, 01:33:40 PM »
No, they are not hand-drawn, but it is plain to see they are hardened criminals:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/8-awesome-amish-mugshots?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=buzzfeed

While on the topic of criminality, I am glad Pasadena ticketed this guy, who took on delusions of adequacy for daring to direct traffic and clear up a traffic snarl:
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/09/09/citizen-ticketed-for-directing-traffic-after-police-fail-to-in-south-pasadena/
There, that will show him that the police may not go out of their way to help, but will go out of their way to punish.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Nightfall

• friend
Re: Amish Mugshots
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 01:43:57 PM »
South Pasadena Police Chief Joe Payne said he did not have the man power needed to staff officers at Fair Oaks and Huntington...

...yet he can spare a couple officers to head out to the same intersection and ticket a citizen for safely directing traffic.  ;/
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 01:46:18 PM »
No, they are not hand-drawn, but it is plain to see they are hardened criminals:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/8-awesome-amish-mugshots?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=buzzfeed

While on the topic of criminality, I am glad Pasadena ticketed this guy, who took on delusions of adequacy for daring to direct traffic and clear up a traffic snarl:
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/09/09/citizen-ticketed-for-directing-traffic-after-police-fail-to-in-south-pasadena/
There, that will show him that the police may not go out of their way to help, but will go out of their way to punish.

Can't have people taking the law into their own hands now, next thng you know they might try to defend themselves.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 01:47:30 PM »
Amish! We have quite a few that live in my area.

Q - What is this: "Clop, clop, bang......Clop, clop, bang!"
A -Amish drive by shooting.

Top 10 Amish Pick-up Lines

10. Come to barn raisings often?
9. I saw you churning butter from across the field......and I likey.
8. My you look good in that bonnet and shapeless black dress.
7. I want you to ride me like an ox on one bad piece of road.
6. Get out of my dreams and into my buggy.
5. I can feel the sparks between us....and I don't even believe in electricity.
4. Lets party like its 1799
3. Wanna get sheened?....works for all people
2. Is your field in need of some plowing?
1. Youre such an old old old old old soul.

Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 01:48:20 PM »
The Amish have no 'staches? I was hoping for an old Prussian handlebar.

I came very close to doing just that in Plano one (very boring) day. Now I'm glad I didn't.

This line is great:
Police and the city of South Pasadena say they currently have no plans to change any procedures.
So they will continue to not direct traffic, while still sending officers out to fine people who are willing to direct traffic. Awesome.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 02:12:09 PM »
I came very close to doing just that in Plano one (very boring) day. Now I'm glad I didn't.

This line is great:So they will continue to not direct traffic, while still sending officers out to fine people who are willing to direct traffic. Awesome.

Correct, no 'staches.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2011/01/why-amish-men-grow-beards-but-not-mustaches/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 02:36:06 PM »
It's a good thing I'm not an LEO in an Amish area.

Any that ever wound up in my custody, I'd just call them all "Yoder" no matter who they actually were.  =D
I promise not to duck.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 02:49:33 PM »

Looking at the mug shots, they don't seem to be exceedingly tall either.  And I guess elevator shoes would be right out of the question.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 03:06:02 PM »
Looking at the mug shots, they don't seem to be exceedingly tall either.  And I guess elevator shoes would be right out of the question.

DD

I'm guessing they don't have the same caloric intake most Americans do. Likely that's part of the reason they are not very tall.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 03:24:24 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 04:40:41 PM »
 :laugh:
I promise not to duck.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 04:48:06 PM »
Advantage, Harold!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 04:57:44 PM »
That might be Grumpy's cousin, Surly
I have a hard time telling them apart...
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 05:38:50 PM »
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 07:18:35 PM »
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 07:28:17 PM »
A young Amish couple got married and set off for a honeymoon in Lancaster in his buggy.

As they clip-clopped along the highway, he put his hand on her knee and kissed her on the cheek.

She smiled and said, "now that we are married, you can go farther."

So they went to Pittsburg.   =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »
I'm guessing they don't have the same caloric intake most Americans do. Likely that's part of the reason they are not very tall.

They have a high rate of dwarfism also.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 08:37:06 PM »
Actually, i'll bet the hight (and I know the dwarfism) is related to genes rather then food.

They have a smaller gene pool and rarely take outsiders into their ranks. They can get enough distance in relationship to keep from becomeing dangorously inbreed, but they really havn't got a lot of vareation to work with.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 09:44:33 PM »
Actually, i'll bet the hight (and I know the dwarfism) is related to genes rather then food.

They have a smaller gene pool and rarely take outsiders into their ranks. They can get enough distance in relationship to keep from becomeing dangorously inbreed, but they really havn't got a lot of vareation to work with.

That's what I was thinking, but I couldn't think of a diplomatic way to say it. The word "inbreeding" or "inbred" immediately connotes "incest" to a lot of people, which I think the Amish are no more guilty of than the general population.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 09:55:22 PM »
Is it me, or could Emmitt really be to Mabs?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 08:56:21 AM »
"I'm guessing they don't have the same caloric intake most Americans do. Likely that's part of the reason they are not very tall."

No.

You put an average Amish dietary intake into one of us and we'll balloon like mad.

Amish men generally take in a TON of calories, but they're burned off by hard manual labor. Sort of like the crab fishermen in Deadliest Catch. It's nothing for them to chow down 5,000 calories at a meal, and then go right out and burn it off.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 09:41:38 AM »

???  The tape in the photos shows most of them at well over six feet.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 10:00:45 AM »
???  The tape in the photos shows most of them at well over six feet between 63 and 69 inches.

FTFY.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

birdman

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 10:17:03 AM »
???  The tape in the photos shows most of them at well over six feet.

Feet and inches are base 12, not base 10.   Bad fistful, no cookie.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 10:18:16 AM »
Watch out, those guys look like they could break into a Barnyard Blitz.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln