Author Topic: The Raggedy Edge  (Read 9117 times)

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
Re: The Raggedy Edge
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2011, 08:45:09 AM »
1.I had made a Solemn Vow. Given my Word.  Sworn an Oath.  Made a Promise.

2.  Kids.  Kids need parents.  I thought that having two parents (the way I grew up) was the way to do it.  Her parents had divorced and she had issues with her father.  I think some of that was transferred to me.

3.  Then about about two months before she left she asked me what I feared most.  "Dying alone" I answered.  Yeah, should have guessed on that one.

But I am happy now.  My life is mine.  I get my son often (not as much as I want but frequently).   It's good.  It's real good.   

As to #1 - therein lies the problem with taking an oath that requires two people to make it possible. You can take an oath that YOU will do whatever it takes, but if that other person can't/won't/doesn't uphold their end of things, where does that leave you? Bound by a promise that has no value whatsoever to a full half of the equation.

#3 - you won't die alone Scout. Not if any of us have any say in the matter.

Yes, dear deer (and zombies and hippies).
:)

FTFY. Don't "yes dear" me, Ben.   
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2011, 01:47:52 PM »
Actually, I'm not a afraid of that anymore.  I had been scared that my corpse would sit in the house for a couple of weeks to a month maybe, before someone would notice that they hadn't been out and about for awhile.  Now I just worry about my dog.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2011, 07:58:30 PM »
Now I just worry about my dog.

Can he read a map and use a compass? If he were to knock on my door, I'd at minimum find him a good home. If that didn't pan out to the satisfaction of me and the dog, he'd just have to learn to put up with a pack of spayed female dogs, and I'd have to get a pet fancier's license. (required if you have more than 3 dogs).

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.