Author Topic: Is it just me, or is police marksmanship demonstrably worse in anti-gun locales?  (Read 1003 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
http://blog.sfgate.com/crime/2011/09/17/bystanders-wounded-sf-police-shooting/?tsp=1&plckItemsPerPage=10&plckSort=ThumbsDescending&plckFindCommentKey=CommentKey:72653e30-239b-4e6f-ad2f-f16f6da2f37c

Bystanders shot by police who were shooting at a wanted bad guy.

Makes me wonder where these cops grew up.  Their background with firearms, prior to a police academy getting them.

I don't hear about this in Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Montana, Kentucky, etc.

I hear about it in San Francisco,  Chicago, New York City and Washington DC.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
It makes sense that an area without gun culture produces cops with less skill in shooting. Less prior experience and less instruction from family/friends.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

birdman

• friend
It makes sense that an area without gun culture produces cops with less skill in shooting. Less prior experience and less instruction from family/friends.

Also less interest in firearms (and thus less practice) outside of work.  There are plenty of LEO's I personally know on both sides of that line..all the ones who grew up with firearms are phenomenal shots (and shoot for fun outside of work), those that didn't, don't.  I was actually surprised (first knowing more of the former) when I when shooting with some LEO friends and was able to significantly out shoot them...when I asked why, they said they don't get a lot of practice, and just do so to qualify.  (note, the former were suburban LEO's mainly, the latter was a DC LEO)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Unless you can produce some kind of statistics that show it, this ones getting locked to prevent the impending round of cop bashing.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”