Author Topic: 35MM Film Cameras  (Read 6060 times)

red headed stranger

• friend
Re: 35MM Film Cameras
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 11:48:35 PM »
I still have the Pentax K1000 that I learned on nearly 30 years ago.  I pull it out every once and a while and shoot a couple rolls. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 01:51:22 AM »
Don't have a 35mm, but I did recently pick up a Rollei 16. Actually got it for a Kolchak the Night Stalker costume I'm doing for Halloween, it's the camera he uses. Now that I have it I actually would like to be able to take pictures with it, it's such a cool little camera. Don't really know where I can get film for it though.

Getting the film is the easy part; it's still used for video. Getting it into whatever roll or cartridge the Rollei needs would be the trick.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 01:59:46 AM »
Got a full b&w darkroom setup. Haven't used it in over 15 years now. My poor old AE1 has some kind of glitch in the shutter.
I miss the smell of Dektol.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 11:00:45 AM »
Ah, Dektol in the morning!

Seriously, I haven't even looked at darkroom equipment or film in several years. Between running a business and a household, my hobbies have taken a backseat. Now y'all have me intrigued, going to have to do some googling and see what I can come up with when I have a "real job" again.

RKLarry - AE1s are the easiest cameras to work on, you could probably figure it out. If you still have your setup when I get my life back on track, let's talk! :)
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe