Author Topic: [censored][censored]entitlement[censored]welfare[censored!!!!]  (Read 14372 times)

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
[censored][censored]entitlement[censored]welfare[censored!!!!]
« on: September 19, 2011, 07:15:23 PM »
Just came across this video linked from Drudge....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64Fz-KW1Dk

I made it through about 45 seconds before my blood pressure got dangerously high....  As in have a [censored] aneurysm high...

That's it. Just pull the [censored] plug on welfare.  I am so sick and [censored] tired of these welfare leeches gaming the system.

Don't wanna pull the plug? 

Then the only thing that EBT can buy is basic staples.  Things like bread, fresh or frozen meat, fresh or frozen produce, canned or dried legumes (beans, etc), and grains.  Period. End of [censored] list.  If they can't figure out how to cook, let them [censored] starve.  If it's "ready to eat" it's off the [censored] list.  No potato chips, no pizza, no junk food, none of that crap. 
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: [censored][censored]entitlement[censored]welfare[censored!!!!]
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 07:25:05 PM »
http://www.volunteertv.com/news/headlines/Food_stamps_for_fast_food_129685788.html

Federal rules generally prohibit food stamp benefits, which are distributed under the USDA's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), from being exchanged for prepared foods. Yet a provision dating to the 1970s allows states to allow restaurants to serve disabled, elderly and homeless people, USDA spokeswoman Jean Daniel said.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/story/2011-09-05/More-restaurants-are-targeting-customers-who-use-food-stamps/50267864/1
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 07:32:35 PM »
Wish I could afford a leather jacket like that.
"It's good, though..."

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 07:45:23 PM »
get it like he did.  find some suburban white boy playing gangsta in the city and take it from him
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 07:52:23 PM »
Working in a grocery store you'd be amazed what folks buy with food stamps.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 07:58:12 PM »
best i ever saw was a young mother, and i mean 15   buying a bushel of crabs, with her mother and grandma helping her.  3 generations of fail

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 09:44:06 PM »
Don't wanna pull the plug? 

Then the only thing that EBT can buy is basic staples.  Things like bread, fresh or frozen meat, fresh or frozen produce, canned or dried legumes (beans, etc), and grains.  Period. End of [censored] list.  If they can't figure out how to cook, let them [censored] starve.  If it's "ready to eat" it's off the [censored] list.  No potato chips, no pizza, no junk food, none of that crap. 

Wouldn't matter. They'd sell the EBT for cash.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

• friends
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 09:52:04 PM »
yup

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 09:59:05 PM »
Local scandal when many millions of WA food stamp dollars were spent at strip clubs, liqour stores, and gin shops.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 10:03:19 PM »
My ABATE chapter used to work with Toys for Tots. Darn good program, in theory.
I worked with actual distribution. After a few years of loading toys for needy and deprived children into vehicles far nicer and newer than I'm likely to ever own. I decided to find another avenue to help needy kids.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 10:04:52 PM »
Working in a grocery store you'd be amazed what folks buy with food stamps.

Yup, I had worked at one for five years. Kind of makes you hate people.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 10:12:40 PM »
You realize foodstamps is a broken system when witness several different people buying carts full of brand name food (lots of it junk food), only paying $20 for the beer and loading the whole lot into a brand new Lexus or Escalade.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 10:32:58 PM »
You realize foodstamps is a broken system when witness several different people buying carts full of brand name food (lots of it junk food), only paying $20 for the beer and loading the whole lot into a brand new Lexus or Escalade.

Racist!  (wait, you didn't say malt liquor...)
"It's good, though..."

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 11:29:39 PM »
You want my solution?

You get caught selling your EBT for cash?  You're automatically disqualified from EBT.  PERMANENTLY.

Because turns out I'm a heartless bastage...
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 02:57:05 AM »
Your premise on the point of food stamps should be re-examined.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 08:11:15 AM »
You want heartless?  First, all forms of federal assistance....gone.  Federal entitlements....gone. Mandates....gone. 
Let the states figure out if they want to continue the programs or not.  And I would vote for those who would cut off said programs in my state.
Truth be told, the entire system is busted. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

• friends
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 08:12:30 AM »
the states administer it now

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 08:32:24 AM »
the states administer it now

Under the mandate of the federal government. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

• friends
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 09:15:51 AM »
the feds provide the cash  how much beyond that do they dictate?

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 09:21:46 AM »
the feds provide the cash  how much beyond that do they dictate?

Isn't that enough?  What happens to the cash if a state decides to ditch welfare?  It gets redistributed to another state.
JD

• friends
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 09:29:54 AM »
so the states have a choice? i'm asking i don't know i tried to find out and am doing poorly

zahc

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 10:23:38 AM »
I thought this would be a good place to post this, copied from another forum regarding "Tax the rich!! (even though they pay all the taxes as it is)" sentiment.

Why do people that aren't rich defend people that are? The problem is very simple, just about everyone reading this is not rich. If we would like to live better lives, and build small and medium businesses we need capitol to do this. If the rich have it all, we can't. The only way for our lives to get better is if the rich have less of the money and we have more. It really is just that simple. We can't have more unless the rich have less!

Now, for those that are not rich defending policies that benefit the rich at your expense? WTF? Do you think the rich will read your post and like you? This is like President Obama pandering to the Republicans. It's just dumb. You aren't one of the club.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 11:16:13 AM »
so the states have a choice? i'm asking i don't know i tried to find out and am doing poorly

If they do have a choice, and they refuse, do you really think Leviathan would just give them thier portion of confiscated wealth back? Or redistribute it to the other states?
Remember the drinking age fight between the states and Leviathan?
The undeniable truth is that as long as the Federal government controls the largest portion of confiscated wealth, the states have little control over its administration.
JD

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 11:49:50 AM »
Why do people that aren't rich defend people that are? The problem is very simple, just about everyone reading this is not rich. If we would like to live better lives, and build small and medium businesses we need capitol to do this. If the rich have it all, we can't. The only way for our lives to get better is if the rich have less of the money and we have more. It really is just that simple. We can't have more unless the rich have less!

Now, for those that are not rich defending policies that benefit the rich at your expense? WTF? Do you think the rich will read your post and like you? This is like President Obama pandering to the Republicans. It's just dumb. You aren't one of the club.

Amazing comprehension of economics. Everybody knows that there's a fixed amount of wealth in the world, just like there's a fixed amount of happiness. So, if somebody becomes happy, somebody else becomes unhappy. The only way to make things fair is to distribute the unhappiness evenly (which is really what liberalism is all about).

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 01:37:46 PM »
I can understand the rage, but I am pretty sure the video is satire.

On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage