Author Topic: House Republicans actually acting conservative, I'm shocked  (Read 931 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
House Republicans actually acting conservative, I'm shocked
« on: September 22, 2011, 01:05:30 PM »
mobile.nytimes.com/2011/09/22/us/politics/house-defeats-stopgap-spending-bill-with-disaster-relief-hanging-in-the-balance.xml

The Times predictably spins it, but I'm glad to see actual resistance to business as usual.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: House Republicans actually acting conservative, I'm shocked
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 02:21:34 PM »
mobile.nytimes.com/2011/09/22/us/politics/house-defeats-stopgap-spending-bill-with-disaster-relief-hanging-in-the-balance.xml

The Times predictably spins it, but I'm glad to see actual resistance to business as usual.
A number of the House members were either elected as Tea Party candidates or need those voters to stay in office. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 08:06:12 PM »
Evidently the spine recently evident in the republican party is a function of TEA types.  I'll break out in a grin when I see luminaries like Boehner and Lugar grow a freakin' spine.   
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 09:38:17 PM »
Evidently the spine recently evident in the republican party is a function of TEA types.  I'll break out in a grin when I see luminaries like Boehner and Lugar grow a freakin' spine.   
I doubt they will.  However, if we keep electing the right candidates and make sure they know why they got elected, Boehner might get replaced.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge