3 (10%)
Mitt Romney
1 (3.3%)
John Huntsman
1 (3.3%)
Rick Santorum
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Sept 22 debate: who do you like?  (Read 5120 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Sept 22 debate: who do you like?
« on: September 23, 2011, 12:50:38 AM »
Not decided myself, but Romney has always been unacceptable to me and Perry is getting there. The fact that the media is selling them so hard makes me want them even less. Time to look into Herman 999 Cain a bit more I think, I liked the cut of his jib.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Sept 22 debate: who do you like?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 07:33:36 AM »
Honestly? I would love to see a Paul/Cain ticket for P/VP.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 08:36:24 AM »
Where's my "still hoping Gov. Palin gets in" option?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 08:50:29 AM »
Where's my "still hoping Gov. Palin gets in" option?

Govenor?  She has been a non-gov longer than she was a govenor.

I like Ron Paul for his consistancy on the issues. I think he has his head screwed on right and will be less likely to bend to the whims of the GOP.

I like Cain for his business accumen, and he makes a decent talk show host.  =D

Romney is right out.  Perry is the current GOP flavor of the month.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 09:25:30 AM »
Govenor?  She has been a non-gov longer than she was a govenor.

I like Ron Paul for his consistancy on the issues. I think he has his head screwed on right and will be less likely to bend to the whims of the GOP.

I like Cain for his business accumen, and he makes a decent talk show host.  =D

Romney is right out.  Perry is the current GOP flavor of the month.

;/ We refer to politicians with their title even after they are out of office. Representative, Senator, Governor, President...

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 09:27:16 AM »
I.e. In many of the questions to Romney, he was addressed as "Gov. Romney".

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 09:59:21 AM »
Perry is plummeting in my view - I figured he made a mistake when he signed a bill granting university tuition discounts to ILLEGAL ALIENS and was willing to cut him some slack on that, but now he DEFENDS it,  :facepalm: and has come out in opposition to a border fence and AZ-style immigration laws.  :mad:

Romney is, well, Romney. He's not really a conservative, I think there's plenty of RINO under the skin.

Bachmann is generally agreeable, but she really needs to get some fact-checkers and handlers on her staff - she's making too many avoidable mistakes.

I generally liked him in the Senate, but Santorum carries an air of desperation with him that fails to inspire me.

Gingrich is well-learned, well-spoken, but has made some inexcusable blunders (such as his comments about the Ryan plan) that make me wonder about him.

Cain is a smart guy that has a lot going for him, but he doesn't seem to be getting any traction.

Ron Paul was my congressman for a while and I voted for him – in fact  I’d STILL vote for him for Congress, but after seeing him say 9/11 was “blowback” for US policy, I don’t want him anywhere near the Oval Office.

With what he's said before, Jon Hunter is running in the wrong party’s primary.

ANY ONE of these would be a big improvement over Obama, but if I had to make a choice today, I’d vote for Bachmann, with Cain a strong runner-up. The rest, in order today and subject to change in the future, would be Gingrich, Romney/Perry (tie), Santorum, Hunter, and Paul.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 10:09:15 AM »
;/ We refer to politicians with their title even after they are out of office. Representative, Senator, Governor, President...

I know, but I disagree with it. When they leave office, or the military, their title should be left behind.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 12:48:17 PM »
Cain is the only one I'd want as a next-door neighbor.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 01:13:12 PM »
Cain is the only one I'd want as a next-door neighbor.

Interesting point. I agree.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 01:45:17 PM »
I think Romney's probably the best debater of the bunch. I think Perry's more conservative than he is, but you could probably say the same for Joe Lieberman. I don't plan to vote for either one until the general election.

after seeing him say 9/11 was “blowback” for US policy, I don’t want him anywhere near the Oval Office.
The perp responsible said that very thing. Foreign policy is always going to piss somebody off, especially when you take sides.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 03:16:00 PM »
I know, but I disagree with it. When they leave office, or the military, their title should be left behind.
I'll agree about the military, but the policritters should have to wear their title like a scarlet letter to remind the rest of us what they used to did!   =D
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 03:34:12 PM »
Personally, as it stands currently, I'd most like to see Cain get the nomination.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 06:25:40 PM »
Personally, as it stands currently, I'd most like to see Cain get the nomination.

I agree. I also desperately want to see Dems scream "Uncle Tom Race Traitor" and unprintable things on live TV. Either Cain, Paul (you know it's bad when I'm choosing Ron Paul) or Bachmann. Johnson, Huntsman, and Santorum are nobodies, I think. *expletive deleted*ck Romney. 

Perry, unfortunately, will be the GOP selection, I think, and he's looking a lot like a younger version of "McCain '08". We are so *expletive deleted*ed.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 06:33:21 PM »
Avenger, I disagree in one particular. I think Perry was dealt a mortal blow on immigration/benefits, by Santorum in particular. Absent some radical development, I forese a Romney nomination, and a second Obama term.

Regardless, to your broader point, I agree we are "expletive deleted"ed.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 06:36:33 PM »
Avenger, I disagree in one particular. I think Perry was dealt a mortal blow on immigration/benefits, by Santorum in particular. Absent some radical development, I forese a Romney nomination, and a second Obama term.

Regardless, to your broader point, I agree we are "expletive deleted"ed.

Yeah, that you have no heart comment spells the end for Perry I think.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 06:59:09 PM »
Which is problematic. While not ideal, Perry was/is at least palatable. Romney on the other hand...Avenger has already put it very eloquently.

If the race comes down to Obama and Romney, we're screwed and the best we can hope for is a decent congress.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 07:55:43 PM »
I think Perry was dealt a mortal blow on immigration/benefits, by Santorum in particular. Absent some radical development, I forese a Romney nomination, and a second Obama term.
Yeah. Perry got hammered on immigration. He was also rather crappy in his debating style, tripping over his words a few times.
I think Romney could win, I'm just not sure if there'd be a difference between his policies and Obama's if he did.

We are so *expletive deleted*ed.
Yep.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 09:01:22 PM »
Ron Swanson and John Bolton.

Or maybe Allen West and Herman Cain.

The ideal matchup would be Ron Paul and Alan Keyes, but I don't think that'll happen.
"It's good, though..."

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 09:02:25 PM »
And now Christie is apparently thinking of getting in.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 09:16:11 PM »
Cain, Bachman, Paul, Gingrich.  Johnson, Huntsman, and Santorum are nobodies, I think. *expletive deleted* Romney.  Perry is a maybe.

Any combo of Bachman, Herman Cain and/or (Allen West/VP).  Talk about chaos in the D party.  They wouldn't know whether to *expletive deleted*it or go blind.  A black man and a woman running together.  You'll see the racists and sexists come storming out of the left.  That's what made Palin so popular.  A "regular" mom getting hammered on by the liberal elites.  
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 09:32:11 PM »
 Talk about chaos in the D party.  They wouldn't know whether to *expletive deleted* or go blind.  A black man and a woman running together.  

Would you put the black man at the top of the ticket, or the woman on top?   :angel:
"It's good, though..."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 09:34:04 PM »
The trouble is that most of voting America is so caught up in the cult of personality rather than issues, the R's best candidate won't survive the primaries.  Plus the D's and their toadies in the media will promote a Rino they know they can beat or who will "reach across the aisle" and $%&@ Democrat  *^&# rather than shoot across the aisle.

Reynaldas Magnus where are you when we need you.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 12:39:55 AM »
The perp responsible said that very thing. Foreign policy is always going to piss somebody off, especially when you take sides.

Pro tip: if you want to defend a candidate's position, don't say that it mirrors bin Laden's.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 07:30:47 AM »
Perry did himself serious hurt with his position on illegal immigration.  Romney improved his position with his explanation of Romneycare.  I don't buy it, but some were mollified.  Every time Cane shows up he improves his prospects as VP to a nominee who is marginally acceptable to TEA types.

Yeah, Cane would be a good neighbor.  I can see him being hot and sweaty cutting grass in an Atlanta burb.  I don't see Romney sweating.

That said, with the financial *expletive deleted*-storm closing in on us, perhaps we do need someone who knows something about finance. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon