3 (10%)
Mitt Romney
1 (3.3%)
John Huntsman
1 (3.3%)
Rick Santorum
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Sept 22 debate: who do you like?  (Read 5121 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Sept 22 debate: who do you like?
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 11:14:41 AM »
Yeah, that you have no heart comment spells the end for Perry I think.
When you try to defend your stance by saying that anyone who disagrees with you is a bad person, you've pretty much conceded that you're on the wrong side of the argument.

And on discounted tuition for illegals, Perry is SO wrong . . . over four years, the Perry ILLEGAL ALIEN tuition discount means Americans from other states will pay about $91,000 MORE in tuition to attend U.T. than ILLEGAL ALIENS will. And they'll be paying student load for YEARS to benefit these ILLEGAL ALIENS whose tuition they'll be effectively subsidizing.  :mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 11:43:21 AM »
but after seeing him say 9/11 was “blowback” for US policy, I don’t want him anywhere near the Oval Office.

??? Are you saying that, what, they just through a dart at a world map and decided to attack wherever it landed?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 05:24:12 PM »
Up until the last debate I kind of liked Perry, but he has the same sickness GW & McCain has, he wants America to bohica for illegals.

I voted Paul in the poll because he is the most constituion oriented - I doubt he has a chance though, it would be nice getting rid of some of the fed bureaucracy though.

I really really want Sarah in the whitehouse, four years of radlibs crying would be great entertainment.

Really though we got to get behind anyone & get rid of obummer.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 05:29:58 PM »
We'd better draw the line on the critical issues for this coming election.  We can't afford to compromise on things that will make America unrecognizable in a few years, though we will be told by everyone and his uncle that we have to.  Americans are still trying hard to play by the rules; they want to believe in the system.  That means being listened to.  It means that we make clear who holds the ultimate power in America.  This coming election will be a referendum on that system and whether there will another election after 2012...
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 06:57:58 PM »
I see Cain just won, easily, the Florida straw poll.  Another message sent.  Doesn't mean Cain will be the next President, but it means a lot of Americans like what Cain is presenting.  They don't want GOP "business as usual."  I hope somebody Up There is listening.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2011, 09:04:20 PM »
??? Are you saying that, what, they just through a dart at a world map and decided to attack wherever it landed?
OK, you win . . . they're very careful and only hit those who deserve it.

They had excellent reasons for attacking the Twin Towers and Pentagon.
They had excellent reasons for blowing up a plane over Lockerbie.
They had excellent reasons for blowing up a subway in London.
They had excellent reasons for blowing up a train in Madrid.
They had excellent reasons for murdering tourists at the Valley of the Kings.
They had excellent reasons for hijacking the Achille Lauro.
They had excellent reasons for the attack in Mumbai.
They had excellent reasons for attacking the Beslan school.
They have excellent reasons for the continued bombings all across the Middle East and North Africa, killing more Moslems than Westerners.

Everyone had it coming - Ron Paul is right, it's all blowback. If we were just nice to them, and left them alone, they'd be peaceful as can be.

There.

Satisfied?

:facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

P5 Guy

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2011, 09:08:06 PM »
And so did the Florida Straw Poll. Cain will never raise the money Perry or Romney will. And Bachman won a straw poll too. Look where she finished.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2011, 12:43:49 AM »
OK, you win . . . they're very careful and only hit those who deserve it.

They had excellent reasons for attacking the Twin Towers and Pentagon.
They had excellent reasons for blowing up a plane over Lockerbie.
They had excellent reasons for blowing up a subway in London.
They had excellent reasons for blowing up a train in Madrid.
They had excellent reasons for murdering tourists at the Valley of the Kings.
They had excellent reasons for hijacking the Achille Lauro.
They had excellent reasons for the attack in Mumbai.
They had excellent reasons for attacking the Beslan school.
They have excellent reasons for the continued bombings all across the Middle East and North Africa, killing more Moslems than Westerners.

Everyone had it coming - Ron Paul is right, it's all blowback. If we were just nice to them, and left them alone, they'd be peaceful as can be.

There.

Satisfied?

:facepalm:

Dear Lord, go get yourself to a fainting couch.

Yes, the savages hate us on general principle.  They even go so far as to shoot up and go murderous against countries that give them verbal tongue-baths and a "happy ending" massage. (Yes, Spain I am looking at you.)

But, if you think things like our material support for "the Jooos," basing our men & women on in their ass-crack countries, and the like don't rile them up even more--and cause many to take up arms instead of just bad mouthing us--you are not in touch with reality as experienced by humans(1).

Sadly, Ron Paul is one of the few folks most in touch with the reality of those damnable goat-diddlers, by taking their threats seriously.  Sure would have been nice if Clinton and then GWB would have.  Citing OBL is not nutty, it is the first step to understanding.

(1) Calling someone a horse's ass is one thing, and likely to get some folks riled up.  Calling someone a horse's ass and then slapping them will result in a larger proportion getting riled up.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2011, 12:49:42 AM »
Of course, RP and I disagree as to the solution.  I think turning the locations where folks got riled up into rubble and killing the riled is a fine pedagogical example to others.  Some folks just need killing. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2011, 10:36:19 AM »
The FL poll is important due to one fact.
All those who have won it in the past go on to win the nomination.
So it's a good barometer.

The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2011, 01:38:20 PM »
The poll says something about how fed up Americans are with the current system and the choices they are presented with.  Cain is pointing the way toward what America wants.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2011, 02:30:38 PM »
I don't see the point in a Herman Gain candidacy. I thought all of us who weren't raaaaacists were voting for the Obama.  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2011, 06:56:13 PM »
So according to this poll we finally have our four front runners....       Cain, Perry, Bachman and Gingrich.    :angel:

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2011, 07:14:37 PM »
It's three thousand people in Florida.  Draw your own conclusion as to what that sample represents.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.