Author Topic: ATF: No guns or ammo for medical marijuana users  (Read 8670 times)

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
Re: ATF: No guns or ammo for medical marijuana users
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2011, 09:41:27 PM »
what was the cause for this?  was there a rash of mmj users suddenly wreaking havoc?   (damn, we need more cheetos....hand me the .45?)

Federal agencies and departments have been doing this for the past few years.  I doubt there was anything specific that brought this on.  I would guess that it is just the feds saying that they are going to enforce federal drug laws no matter if the states wan't to legalize some drugs.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: ATF: No guns or ammo for medical marijuana users
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 09:05:20 PM »
Federal agencies and departments have been doing this for the past few years.  I doubt there was anything specific that brought this on.  I would guess that it is just the feds saying that they are going to enforce federal drug laws no matter if the states wan't to legalize some drugs.

The insurgents have been getting all uppity lately about that 10th amendment thing.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin