Author Topic: Plasma TV Help......yes, again.  (Read 707 times)

TarpleyG

• friend
Plasma TV Help......yes, again.
« on: May 01, 2006, 08:34:05 AM »
I want 42"-43", must have HDMI input, built-in tuner & speakers, 1080i video, and HD NOT ED.   Oh, and under $2000.

What can I get?

Greg

mr.v.

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 04:07:25 PM »
A plastic model of the TV you described?
I think you're going to have to give up plasma for a DLP and then you can get all you want and more...

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 07:09:52 PM »
Lots.  Keep your eye on FatWallet and do some research on brands for quality.

A quick search of "plasma" in the hot deals forum came up with a dozen 42 inchers for 1500-2000 and even a few 50's for not too much more.

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 06:29:04 AM »
Okay, since no one really jumped on board here... (except vodka--thanks)

I think I have decided to stick to projection just because I can save a few hundred bucks.  I am looking at the Sony 42" Grand WEGA (KDF-E42A10) and I can get it, shipped, for $1329.

What I wanted to know was if anyone had any experience with this SRS TruSurrond technology?  I have a weird room and it is not condusive to running wires for a conventional surround-sound system and I really don't want to have to mess with all the wires again (I had a HTS in my old house and really hate all the "stuff").  I realize this can't be anywhere near as good as the real thing but how does it compare?

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=KDFE42A10&Dept=tvvideo&CategoryName=tv_hdtv_projectiontv_42%22to51%22

Greg