Author Topic: Pepper Spray/Mace/etc  (Read 7620 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: Pepper Spray/Mace/etc
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 01:44:42 AM »
The cold steel from my first post in this thread is particularly nasty, they add black pepper to the mix to induce a sneeze reflex to draw the capsicum deeper into the attacker's mucus membranes.
That is the most evil, sadistic thing I've read today. I approve of this >:D.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 06:06:37 AM »
Why the hell would you load homemadeup *expletive deleted* in a shotgun when you could load buck or slugs? I mean, if you are justified at shooting at somebody...you are justified in using the good *expletive deleted*.

Personally, as far as pepper spray goes, Sabre Red. I don't really care for less-lethal or non-lethal defensive solutions...but Sabre Red is some of the better stuff on the market.

Don't bother with the cheap *expletive deleted* you see in the stores (such as that $5 can of "Mace" you see in the checkout lane at K-Mart.)

Eh, more of an experimental what if sort of though. I've got more 00 12 gauge on hand than I ever hope to need.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

erictank

• friends
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2011, 05:41:54 AM »
My CCW class, years ago, recommended whatever we might choose to get should have an SCU of 2 million or more.  The one with sneeze-inducing black pepper sounds sadistically satisfactory, if the SCU is high enough.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2011, 08:35:11 AM »
My CCW class, years ago, recommended whatever we might choose to get should have an SCU of 2 million or more.  The one with sneeze-inducing black pepper sounds sadistically satisfactory, if the SCU is high enough.

Stats on the Inferno:
Active Ingredients : 8% Oleoresin Capsicum, 2% Black Pepper.
2,000,000 Scoville Heat Unites (SHU)
Scoville Value : 160,000
Capsaicinoid Content: 1.00 %
CONTAINS NO CARCINOGENS OR ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 03:51:46 PM »
That model is discontinued.  It's been replaced by this one: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=344219

IMO, they killed the best feature of the Guardian Angel with its redesigns; before, it looked like a garage door opener, or, when held in my large hands, a smartphone of some sort.  Now there's no mistaking that it's a weapon, which poses a problem if you just want to have it already in-hand and ready in a situation that hasn't gone totally south yet.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 03:56:27 PM »
Eh, more of an experimental what if sort of though. I've got more 00 12 gauge on hand than I ever hope to need.

Then just load up some 00 rounds using ultrafine ground cayenne as a buffer.