Author Topic: Obama Admin: Legal Theory for Whacking US Citizen "classified."  (Read 32732 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Obama Admin: Legal Theory for Whacking US Citizen "classified."
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 01:06:38 PM »
It pays to be versatile..... =D

;)

But it doesn't pay much
"It's good, though..."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 01:13:27 PM »
'Cause we know how "conservatives" support John McCain.  ???

Heh. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2011, 03:15:07 PM »
It pays to be versatile..... =D

;)

I played the flute and I played the harp depending where I was

My father he was Orange and my mother she was Green

=D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 04:12:03 PM »
Let's see...

Back when I "hated" Bush, I was a dirty leftist hippie.

Now when I "hate" Obama, I am a cold hearted rich racist.

;/
Well, all I thought I was doing was questioning some of the accusations/facts used against Bush and that apparently made me a Bush fanboy. 

Either way, that is why we need the keep the Tea Party stuff going a bit longer to get enough additional conservative candidates in there put a little pressure on the compromisers to they don't sell us down the river so often.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 04:51:46 PM »
Well, all I thought I was doing was questioning some of the accusations/facts used against Bush and that apparently made me a Bush fanboy.  

Yes. There are apparently no stops between BushistehHitler and BushistehSantaClaus. The same goes for McCain, Romney and Perry, of course.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 07:05:39 PM »

Yes. There are apparently no stops between BushistehHitler and BushistehSantaClaus. The same goes for McCain, Romney and Perry, of course.

Obama is about 95% bad whereas Bush was only about 60% bad  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 07:16:05 PM »
Obama is about 95% bad whereas Bush was only about 60% bad  =|
Seriously, 60%?  Man, try like 35% ...... but I see history through rose-colored glasses since Obama took over ...... [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 11:48:46 AM »
Seriously, 60%? 

Seriously.  I was being kind.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 12:04:48 PM »
Let's see...

Back when I "hated" Bush, I was a dirty leftist hippie.

Now when I "hate" Obama, I am a cold hearted rich racist.

;/

Same here.  Apparently when you disagree with some particular thing, it means you must hate the person.  And everyone of the entire party.  Bush administration warned of the housing crisis.  Obama is pushing for export control reform.   Both are good.   Implementations may have sucked, but still does not negate the positive aim of the thing.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 01:40:41 PM »
Seriously.  I was being kind.

Aw, don't be so kind, tell us what you REALLY think! >:D

MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 01:59:51 PM »
Aw, don't be so kind, tell us what you REALLY think! >:D

So what's the real difference on the issues between Bush and Obama - maybe 10-15% ???

Other than gun control and environment (and some social issues that the feds have no business in anyway) I don't see much difference at all.

Oh, and character - as much as I disagreed with him, GW seemed like a much more likable guy.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2011, 02:06:31 PM »
I don't have a problem with Anwar al-Awlaki being terminated....he was actively involved with acts of war against the United States while in a foreign country....that's justification enough for me....

....but the fact that the justification for Obama has to be "classified" is really disturbing....makes me wonder just where the line is being drawn on this.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2011, 03:01:07 PM »
So what's the real difference on the issues between Bush and Obama - maybe 10-15% ???

Other than gun control and environment (and some social issues that the feds have no business in anyway) I don't see much difference at all.

Oh, and character - as much as I disagreed with him, GW seemed like a much more likable guy.

The gun control issues seem kind of moot, with the Democrats generally scared straight on the gun issue. I would think judicial appointments, and federal funding for embryo destruction were more important differences.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2011, 05:23:43 PM »

Seriously, while I didn't like what Dubya did on some things (increasing medicrae and the no child left behind) and his spending, Obama makes him look like a piker by comparison.  He's quadrupled the debt and NOTHING Dubya did was as bad as Obamacare -- IMHO.
And yeah on the likeability.  Obama is formulaic -- a pedantic college professor lecturing  his lessers.

It's pretty bad in the world of politics when even the ones who are osternsibly "on my side" are still bad.
It's a choice between a fast and slow road to h3ll........ :'(

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2011, 05:54:28 PM »
It's a choice between a fast and slow road to h3ll........

Well, that's the truth  =(

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2011, 06:09:37 PM »

One thing which is behind the scenes:  Bush didn't fill all the appointed cabinet departments with looney lefties who have done nothing but add new regulations and put up road blocks to oil exploration.  That is less apparent, but very important. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2011, 09:01:36 PM »
And yeah on the likeability.  Obama is formulaic -- a pedantic college professor lecturing  his lessers.

It's not just that Bush is more likable. Obama goes out of his way to rankle those on the other side, which Bush would have considered un-presidential, and was just too gracious to do. When Bush was asked about anti-war protestors, he would say something like, "They disagree with me, and they have a right to their opinion, but I believe this is something we have to do." When Obama finally acknowledged that he had heard of the Tea Party, he said, "We've got these people out here waving tea bags around..."

Or more simply put, Bush really did try to be "a uniter," while Obama just naturally acts as "a divider."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2011, 09:25:53 PM »
It's not just that Bush is more likable. Obama goes out of his way to rankle those on the other side, which Bush would have considered un-presidential, and was just too gracious to do.

That is very true. Other than that one "hot mike" incident with the reporter, Bush was always publicly gracious to the other side. He never rose to the snark, while Obama is often the snark instigator. Whether you liked Bush's policies or not, he and the First Lady were always gracious and polite.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2011, 09:28:26 PM »
It's not just that Bush is more likable. Obama goes out of his way to rankle those on the other side, which Bush would have considered un-presidential, and was just too gracious to do. When Bush was asked about anti-war protestors, he would say something like, "They disagree with me, and they have a right to their opinion, but I believe this is something we have to do." When Obama finally acknowledged that he had heard of the Tea Party, he said, "We've got these people out here waving tea bags around..."

Or more simply put, Bush really did try to be "a uniter," while Obama just naturally acts as "a divider."

Racist!  :P

No, really - you're exactly correct.  ;)

GW seems like the kind of guy that - minus all the Secret Service stuff - I'd be happy to have move into my remote rural neighborhood.  Barack is the type who would be immediately griping about people's "junk" and calling in "shots fired" the first time I target practice on my 40 acres.   =(

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2011, 09:45:45 PM »
Other than gun control...

Not as much, actually.  Although Bush certainly didn't want to go as far as Obama probably wants to, he still would have signed a second AWB if Congress had put it before him.  It's a difference in degree rather than kind.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2011, 12:43:35 AM »
Bush/all the Bushes were establishment politicians so therefore did some things we really didn't like. I figure you cut Bush and he bleeds red, white, and blue.  Obama, just commie red, that's the difference. Bush was raised in a family where the business was killing and subverting commies. Obama? Well...

There's a huge difference in there, the same one between Rino McCain and Obama. One hates America, that's enought for me to have voted for pretty much any other guy.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2011, 01:01:10 AM »
I don't have a problem with Anwar al-Awlaki being terminated....he was actively involved with acts of war against the United States while in a foreign country....that's justification enough for me....

....but the fact that the justification for Obama has to be "classified" is really disturbing....makes me wonder just where the line is being drawn on this.....

Where's the proof that awlaki was involved in acts of violence?

Generally us citizens should be able to expect that the government will prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt before it kills them.   That's a pretty fundamental check on government power, and it's just been discarded. 

In time we'll see this as a turning point for the united states
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2011, 01:08:09 AM »
Where's the proof that awlaki was involved in acts of violence?

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2011, 01:27:28 AM »
"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

Yeah, why don't you post the rest of the story?  Like, how you prove treason for example...
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2011, 05:08:19 AM »
Yeah, why don't you post the rest of the story?  Like, how you prove treason for example...

Testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act shouldn't be hard.  His YouTube videos alone had quite a bit more than two views.