Author Topic: Best car rental place to rent a Crossfire  (Read 1026 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
Best car rental place to rent a Crossfire
« on: May 02, 2006, 05:12:06 AM »
I want to rent a Chrysler Crossfire for a day or two for our wedding anniversary this summer.  My wife loves these cars and I think she'll enjoy driving one for a day or two.  

None of the rental companies' websites list specific cars, so I'll have to coldcall each one unless one of you know of a specific company.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 05:30:37 AM »
Some of the larger dealerships may do local rentals.

The Sebring is the de facto standard convertible these days for just about every rental company.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Typhoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 06:19:35 AM »
If memory serves, it was Dollar that I rented a PT convertible from during a trip to Florida a year or two ago.  They seemed to focus on Chryslers at the time.  That may still be true.
To the stars!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 06:24:18 AM »
Typhoon, they don't list the Crossfire specifically, they only list "Car X or similar".  So far, nobody's listed the Crossfire.  I'm hoping someone here has actually rented one or knows a particular agency rents them.  

Mike, I hadn't thought about a dealership.  I'll give the one in Manassas a call...

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 06:31:51 AM »
Chris,

Try Koons in Tysons, as well. I think they're the largest Chrysler dealer in the east. And, if necessary, I can give you a lift to the dealership to pick up the car.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 07:00:58 AM »
Thrifty also primarily uses Chryslers. But as Mike said it's usually the Sebring.

The Crossfire is sort of a top line specialty car for Chrysler, like the Corvette. If a rental car company does rent one, I'm guessing it would be in their ads.

I did a quick Google search and the only places that listed them were the exotic rental places (the same ones that rent Ferraris and such). Prices were $200-300 per day.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 07:17:26 AM »
I did a quick Google search and the only places that listed them were the exotic rental places (the same ones that rent Ferraris and such). Prices were $200-300 per day.
Yup, that's what I was finding and none were local to me.  I don't mind paying $200 for a day since it's a special occasion.  I doubt we'll ever own one since we'll need 4doors for the forseable future.  

Chris

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 05:26:04 PM »
mayhaps a 2 day demo crossfire could be had from the sharks of vienna for 200 dollars
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"