Author Topic: Say goodbye to my little friend  (Read 11796 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Say goodbye to my little friend
« on: October 03, 2011, 10:02:31 PM »
A certain person not on this board put me in touch with a person who has more money than brains.

They have been jonsing for something smaller than a playing card that can make their hand hurt for longer than hitting it repeatedly with a ball peen hammer.  They offered enough to make me say yes.

Pending transfer of funds and other technical issues, the shooters of Texas are now the most likely to have their hands beaten while their wallets are lightened.

No more will I gaze upon

and wonder where I left the Ibuprofin bottle.

In a few days I will put it on an airplane and wave farewell.

Now, what to replace it with?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

grislyatoms

• friends
Re: Say goodbye to my little friend
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 10:10:06 PM »
"Let's get Mikey to try it, he hates everything. He likes it, Hey, Mikey" >:D
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 10:11:07 PM »

Did I lose my last sanity roll, or is that cartridge...  rectangular? 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 10:16:43 PM »

It's a Sqround

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 10:21:21 PM »
me thinks thats a scanned image of the gun on the glass
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 10:25:59 PM »
Goodbye, belly gun.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 10:30:12 PM »
Kinda reminds me of the little Mossberg Brownie I had... wouldn't bust your knuckles but it was kinda cool, in it's own way.
 =D
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 11:15:46 PM »

Yep, I'm seeing the same thing.  That .45 cartridge looks, odd. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 11:34:29 PM »
It was round when the picture was taken.  The picture is a composite, so it does look a little flattened.

But you have seen that picture how many times and now you notice it? ???

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 01:01:40 PM »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 01:42:50 PM »
Saw this thing today: New Gun Maker Heizer Announces DOUBLETAP .45 Pocket Pistol

Ouch.

There ya go, skid.  Two single barrels for one double barrel.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 02:17:52 PM »
. . . the shooters of Texas are now the most likely to have their hands beaten . . . Now, what to replace it with?
S&W . . . 340Sc or 329.    =D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 02:19:17 PM »
Given the difficulties* I encountered obtaining the Downsizer I think I will wait until the web site says more than "Under Construction" before I even consider that one.

And besides, how will I run my 2-shots-in-under-60-seconds scam with a 2-shot?  Somebody might get the second shot off from a compulsive crush grip in response to the first shot. :facepalm:

stay safe.

*The Downsizer was offered as being available for immediate purchase.  The truth of the matter was that the builder/seller was waiting to batch orders before putting metal in the lathe.  I was lucky and actually received what was ordered and paid for, but only through dogged persistence.  There are others who are still waiting for their Downsizer to be manufactured (which will never happen unless someone buys the patents and plans and tools up from scratch).

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 02:29:58 PM »
HEIZER Defense has developed DOUBLETAPâ„¢ the world’s smallest and lightest .45 ACP conceal carry pistol on the market today.

Only DOUBLETAP delivers, not once, but twice over! That’s LIFE ASSURANCE!

Titanium Frame with MIL-STD finish resists corrosion.

2 rounds in chamber and integral grips houses an additional 2 spare rounds.

Ported barrel reduces muzzle flip and recoil.

Slim, no-snag and hammerless design for easy pocket carry.

Thumb latch auto ejects spent rounds.

5 Patents pending including double-action trigger.

http://www.heizerfirearms.com/

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 02:39:53 PM »
S&W . . . 340Sc or 329.    =D

Hank -

Too big and not enough recoil for the size.

The Downsizer was never intended by me to be a self defense firearm, and seriously the muzzle flash was probably more deadly than the bullet coming out of barely 3/16th of an inch of barrel (everything else was holding the brass).

Anybody got a Simmerling LM$ http://www.amderringer.com/lms.html or COP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COP_357_Derringer laying about in the back of the safe?

stay safe.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 03:09:21 PM »
And besides, how will I run my 2-shots-in-under-60-seconds scam with a 2-shot?

I keep wanting to get a nice .45-70 rolling block and hit the next 1000 yard qualifier so I can challenge people to get a second shot off before the first one hits the gong.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 03:15:06 PM »
Do they still make Simmerlings?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 03:19:11 PM »

Anybody got a Simmerling LM$ http://www.amderringer.com/lms.html or COP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COP_357_Derringer laying about in the back of the safe?

Or a half dozen Tauri PT145, for the money.

The Semmerling is interesting, because it featured in an early Repairman Jack novel. (Maybe later ones too.  I haven't read many.)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 05:12:01 PM »
Do they still make Simmerlings?

Well, sort of.  http://www.amderringer.com/lms.html is as close as I'm probably going to come, and it's a 2 month wait while they bang on hammers to make the metal look more like a pistol than a brick.  I've not seen one in the fancy auctions recently, so the real ones are probably sitting in someone's safe.

stay safe.

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 06:13:52 PM »
Any chance you can crack that little sucker open and post some pics of the internals.
Just curious
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 06:33:02 PM »
Well, sort of.  http://www.amderringer.com/lms.html is as close as I'm probably going to come, and it's a 2 month wait while they bang on hammers to make the metal look more like a pistol than a brick.  I've not seen one in the fancy auctions recently, so the real ones are probably sitting in someone's safe.

stay safe.

I don't think they've updated their website in a decade.  All items are "price on request".

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 08:25:28 PM »
neat little gun.  it would be hard for me to part with a unique piece like that.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 09:45:51 PM »
HEIZER Defense has developed DOUBLETAPâ„¢ the world’s smallest and lightest .45 ACP conceal carry pistol on the market today.

Only DOUBLETAP delivers, not once, but twice over! That’s LIFE ASSURANCE!

Titanium Frame with MIL-STD finish resists corrosion.

Ooh, titanium!  This actually looks kind of interesting.  I wonder if it will ever make it to production.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 11:10:43 PM »

Make it in .45LC/.410, and I might be interested.....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 11:20:03 PM »
Somebody smack seeker_two upside the head please......
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy