Author Topic: More Fast and Furious  (Read 7046 times)

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
More Fast and Furious
« on: October 04, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20115038-10391695.html
Eric Holder was briefed in July 2010 about F&F. When he claimed before a committee this year that he'd never heard of it, he just misunderstood their question.

longeyes

• friend
Re: More Fast and Furious
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 09:38:21 PM »
Is he Nixon's illegitimate son?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 09:50:56 PM »
When do heads roll on this?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 10:33:02 PM »

You mean for leaking the news of this operation to the little people? 'Cause I wouldn't hold my breath on any serious consequences for the actual wrong-doing.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 10:42:27 PM »

I have serious doubts that those responsible will face any justice. That failure of justice will lead to even more egregious and in your face trampling of the constitution. They don't care about getting caught anymore becasue they know that the mainstream press will not hold them accountable and the majority of the population simply don't care so long as whatever "scandal" is gong on doesn't interrupt football, survivor, or whatever crap reality show they are currently engrossed in.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 12:44:38 AM »
We know who won't do anything, but where are those who will?  The GOP, someone there?  If Boehner, McConnell, Cantor, et al. are indifferent, why are we pretending we have a political party to support any more?
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 10:37:45 AM »
If the Tea Party movement can keep some momentum going, that issue can be fixed. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 10:45:32 AM »
Apparently, it didn't start with Obama...

http://neglectedwar.com/blog/archives/7512
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 11:14:31 AM »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 11:34:38 AM »
Not surprised.

Wouldn't be surprised if there were iterations of it stretching back into the 80's, and almost assuredly in the mid 90's with the AWB fresh off the legislation table, though it still does not make it right, however many "did it first."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 01:02:33 PM »
This is a very old, and very bi-partisan, war.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 02:22:09 PM »
I agree, but that article smacks of the same old "Its Bush's Fault; Blame it on Bush" mindset the Democrats have been spouting for 3 years.  What was done in the past only serves as a warning to make sure we shut this one down and prosecute aggressively so future BATFE flunkies think twice before trying to do it again.

On the other hand, I wonder how many times cops have used confiscated drugs in order to try to catch drug dealers only to lose the drugs in the process.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 03:19:59 PM »
Agree.  But let's make sure we are clear on who our enemies are and who our false friends are. 
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 02:55:03 PM »
A slightly older but thorough article from Forbes:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2011/09/28/fast-and-furious-just-might-be-president-obamas-watergate/

Is it possible that F&F was designed to arm the 'right' cartels? I seem to recall Obama having a habit of throwing people under the bus if they caused him trouble - but these guys have just been moved to a different job. Some have even been promoted. They're being actively protected, despite the political danger involved. Given a mercenary guy like Obama, they must have a lot more to tell in the event somebody decides to put their head on the chopping block.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 06:36:27 PM »
In a slightly lighter vein, even Hitler is upset about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YtBxoQEkZ0

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 02:21:06 AM »
Win, and in the Hitler is upset vein:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwoC6T2KF8w

=D
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 06:22:38 PM »

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 08:51:31 PM »
Note that Wide Receiver had tracking devices in the guns and when it was found they wouldn't work the program was suspended.

F&F never had any method of tracking attempted and had physical surveillance actively prohibited by higher-ups.

Apples and oranges comparison between the two programs.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 09:58:59 PM »
When are they going to give away hard drugs with "tracers" so they can "track" the drug cartels?
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 08:35:07 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/14/earlyshow/main20120395.shtml
"Grenade-walking" part of "Gunwalker" scandal

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/13/obama_spoke_about_fast__furious_before_holder_claimed_he_knew.html
Obama Spoke About "Fast & Furious" Before Holder Claimed He Knew

http://www.rollcall.com/news/eric_holder_subpoena_darrell_issa_probes_white_house_press_aide-209487-1.html?pos=hftxt
In Holder Subpoena, Issa Also Probes White House Press Aide

A few articles on Drudge today.  The first one on grenades make me wonder if either the conspiracy theory is correct or we have really lazy federal prosecutors.

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 09:33:27 PM »
The first one on grenades make me wonder if either the conspiracy theory is correct or we have really lazy federal prosecutors.
Did you notice that it took the Mexican authorities to raid the house of grenade guy?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 09:34:03 PM »
So, there's this ATF agent here in Phoenix, her name is Hope MacAllister.  She's the one that Andre Howard at Lone Wolf caught on tape. (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20108460-10391695.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody)

You do a google search for her... she's pretty well sanitized except for F&F.  No pictures anywhere.  No service history.  No nothing.

So, in order to help the public become more enlightened in regards to this person, I have created a Wikipedia page for her.  A Wiki-search for Hope MacAllister (ATF Agent) should lead to her pretty soon.  The article is currently pending review as a draft submission.

It is my hope that this beginning allows for all the people who know nothing about Ms. MacAllister can become better acquainted with her roots in Federal Law Enforcement and she can become firmly entrenched in the American political spotlight as her actions merit.  It would be awful if she were to slip back into the semi-anonymous obscurity that goverment bureaucratic professions allow.

My article is quite neutral in tone, but if you feel you can improve upon it in any way with additional sources or alterations of the summary statement, please feel free to do so.  I'm sure the ATF and Ms. MacAllister will be pleased to have a one-stop-shopping source for any and all factual information pertaining to her political stances, her previous statements, her career "successes" and "failures" or anything else anyone would like to share.

Quote from: Shiny new Wikipedia Article

Hope MacAllister (unknown birthdate) is a Federal Agent working for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE or ATF). She became a public figure upon her alleged involvement with the 2011 "Fast and Furious" scandal, also known as the "Gunwalker" scandal, wherein the ATF deliberately instructed licensed gun dealers to allow straw purchasers (illegal gun buyers) to buy guns and distribute them on the black market, ultimately into Mexico[1]. Hope MacAllister is the Phoenix Special Agent that is the lead case agent for the Fast And Furious operation.

1. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20108460-10391695.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody

It is my hope that we get to know every bit as much about her, as we got to know about our dear Lon Horiuchi.

ETA:  If you'd like to assist in the Wikipedia draft review system, the draft article is located here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/Hope_MacAllister_%28ATF_Agent%29
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:42:07 PM by AZRedhawk44 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 11:44:24 PM »
If the wiki article does get approved, it'll quickly be deleted without a meaningful explanation.
"It's good, though..."