Author Topic: Congress wants to robocall your cell phone.  (Read 890 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Congress wants to robocall your cell phone.
« on: October 10, 2011, 10:47:51 AM »
http://lifehacker.com/5846185/congress-is-about-to-make-it-legal-to-robocall-your-cell-phone-heres-how-to-speak-up-against-it

Well I guess cellphones have become the majority in the USA, since Congress wants to exempt "political organizations, committees, and action groups to contact you on your mobile phone." 
The result, should the bill pass and become law, is that you'll be able to opt-out of specific campaigns and group calling lists, but political organizations that get your number through petitions, calling lists, or affiliated organizations will be able to call your mobile phone whenever they choose.

Mash the link for links to the text of the bill, and a petition from the Nation Political Do Not Contact Registry.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Congress wants to robocall your cell phone.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 12:48:28 PM »
Not "wants to" but will.

Another law that Congress has exempted itself from.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 12:55:28 PM »
HAHA

I sent this to some representatives. Who wants to place bets on whether or not i end up on some list...

I oppose H.R. 3035: Mobile Informational Call Act of 2011 because it's just one more example of you people thinking you can skirt the law.

Congress needs to realize that politicians are not special. You are public servants, what makes you exempt from people's right to not be badgered at dinnertime? Maybe you should worry a little less about your ability to get campaign donations and votes, and worry a little more about doing your jobs.

Stop debating bills like this. Start fixing the budget. Do your damned jobs and stop spending like teenage girls with daddy's credit card.

Let me ask you this, how much money (in wages and other expenses) did it cost to debate this asinine bill? I bet, when you consider what you people make, it cost the taxpayer a tremendous amount of money.

I am tired of you wasting my money. Stop it.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 01:05:16 PM »
*expletive deleted*ck congress
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

P5 Guy

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 01:31:28 PM »
Flea bitten polecats, hey wait I ain't got no dang burned cellular phone.
And that is the only phone calls I get on the landline now.