Author Topic: I don't know what to say.....  (Read 28875 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
I don't know what to say.....
« on: October 11, 2011, 01:08:59 PM »
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: I don't know what to say.....
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 01:23:33 PM »
Let me guess, Sarah is a Democrat?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 01:24:16 PM »
Let's not fall into the same trap as she did.

My best friend in the world is a democrat. He would never resort to attacks to win an argument.

But yes, she is.
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 01:27:56 PM »
I'm not saying that but usually it is a Democrat that would say something like that.  Actually looking at her Facebook page right now.  Rather interesting.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 01:36:22 PM »
Typical Left.

All emotion, no actual logic, and just escalated anger when you try and get them to defend their positions.
I promise not to duck.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 01:37:38 PM »
I posted some tax statistics regarding AGI versus percent of federal tax income.

Only one response to that.

Silence from her
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 01:50:51 PM »
What the hell is the 99% movement?

The Government takes 99% of what we make, and doles it back to us in miniscule increments?

Oh.

Them.

Never mind.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 02:17:04 PM »

My best friend in the world is a democrat. He would never resort to attacks to win an argument.

But yes, she is.

I know a few democrats. The ones I with whom I willingly associate are not morons. (They are wrong and misguided. But not stupid.)

That doesn't mean that there is not a strong correlation between someone immediately resorting to insults and emotional appeals in an argument and their political affiliation with the Democratic Party or somewhere even further left.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 02:20:35 PM »

Correct. And let's face it, the left has no monopoly on lousy arguments and emotion-based reasoning.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 02:22:33 PM »
The biggest bummer is, i REALLY was trying to avoid insults. I was consciously trying to present my opinion in a calm, rational manner

Now i'm bummed. Times like this, i feel like we're doomed.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 02:32:37 PM »
The biggest bummer is, i REALLY was trying to avoid insults. I was consciously trying to present my opinion in a calm, rational manner

We are doomed, but it's not your fault.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 02:40:23 PM »

Agreed, we are doomed. But don't let that stop you from continuing to try to reason with others in a calm and rational manner. Never know when you might actually change someone's point of view for the better. Yes, I can be naive at times, but I prefer to think of it as hopeful.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

rcnixon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 02:46:33 PM »
Don't try to teach a pig to sing.  You'll only annoy the pig and frustrate yourself.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 02:53:25 PM »
Agreed, we are doomed. But don't let that stop you from continuing to try to reason with others in a calm and rational manner. Never know when you might actually change someone's point of view for the better. Yes, I can be naive at times, but I prefer to think of it as hopeful.

http://www.nature.com/neuro/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nn.2949.html
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 03:25:18 PM »
Normal hardworking people like to keep as much of what they earn as possible and respect others' desire to do the same.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 03:50:37 PM »
http://www.nature.com/neuro/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nn.2949.html

These findings indicate that optimism is tied to a selective update failure and diminished neural coding of undesirable information regarding the future.

So what are you saying? Because I'm at times optimistic my brain isn't firing on all cylinders? Ok. I'll accept that. Beats the alternative which is ALWAYS feeling as obnoxiously cynical as I do at the moment. I prefer being laid back and happy thank you.  =D

Normal hardworking people like to keep as much of what they earn as possible and respect others' desire to do the same.

Can't understand why this isn't logical to those occupying 99% idiots. I bet they all won trophies/awards just for showing up as kids and their parent's ideas of discipline were to admonish them lightly with "Now, now Johnnie, you really shouldn't start fires in the house like that, someone could get hurt."
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 04:02:38 PM »
The only thing that keeps me somewhat optimistic is living way out here where we do.

If it wasn't for the internet, I would hardly even know about all the horrible things going on in the country and the world.  But I suppose one should keep informed, at least so that you can know whether to carry a rifle along with your sidearm that day  ;)

I have my wife, my house, a big stack of firewood, and a hand pump if the power goes off.  I have my horse and my cat.  I have pine trees and rimrocks and lots of land on which to ride my horse.

But if I was really optimistic, I would buy a weanling colt to raise and train.  =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 05:50:24 PM »
I have seen people on the right attack left wing posters before also.  However, that population is much smaller on the right IMO.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 05:54:20 PM »
Was it Ronald Reagan who was alleged to have said: Liberals (democrats?) were not necessary unintelligent, it's just that all of the things that they know are wrong.  (or words to that effect)
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 06:11:23 PM »
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so."

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 06:41:26 PM »
Fitz, why are you such a hater?  You provoked her didn't you?  By your persistence in breathing you provoked her.  ;)
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 07:31:24 PM »
The only thing that keeps me somewhat optimistic is living way out here where we do.

If it wasn't for the internet, I would hardly even know about all the horrible things going on in the country and the world.  But I suppose one should keep informed, at least so that you can know whether to carry a rifle along with your sidearm that day  ;)

I have my wife, my house, a big stack of firewood, and a hand pump if the power goes off.  I have my horse and my cat.  I have pine trees and rimrocks and lots of land on which to ride my horse.

But if I was really optimistic, I would buy a weanling colt to raise and train.  =)

Yes, but do you have rocking chairs on the front porch?

Buy the colt! Buy the colt!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 08:22:11 PM »
We are doomed, but it's not your fault.

Of course it's not his fault, we already know whose fault it is.

All emotion, no actual logic, and just escalated anger when you try and get them to defend their positions.

Yup. I've seen it many times before. It's helped me realize that a lot of the people on the left are not my friends.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

geofan

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2011, 08:43:22 PM »
While not an active protestor I feel there is some confusion so , from the point of a left leaning individual with close friends currently protesting , and at times a sign holder myself , let me try and explain . The movement as I understand it has severe libertarian undertones. The feeling is the system is broken unfavorably tilted towards keeping the rich insulated from risk , and the poor working class nieve of how much they are being exposed in the process . A system that doesnt promote upward class mobility is not the capitalism we hold dear ( in fact with a few wrinkles its starting to look like fuedilism ) Allot of people have been hurt ( and not just in recent years ) while working for there intire lives 40 hours a week 401k ect ect . While a select few ie 1%ers ( bad a$$ bikers this doesnt mean you ) where talking the money "movers" yeld ungodly gain ( not sure on the stats but if you where to look up capital gains , money made from investments vs wage earners ie hard workin folk you would see a huge divide ) this has two main problems we become a society that knows how to make one thing PAPER as opposed to a nation of carpenters, mechanics , and engineers . ( personlly I think that weakens our foundation ) secondly TAXES the amount of money that should be taxed as income in the progresive tax system we live in is being stolen out of the public cup ( and yes our social saftey nets which exploited our not is a big part of what makes us the best country on the planet ) by the very people who are most insulated . There are allot of truths out there and allot of problems , and from time to time if people dont ban together march out there and yell it for the world to see the rest of us may slave away the rest of our lives and never even talk about it ( that sure aint american ) we debate and yell and when we have to fight to make this country a MORE PERFECT UNION

P.S. I hope one day in the future we reach a point as people where one man does not will not and can not exploit another , I beleive this is at its core a bad thing, this doesnt make me so nieve where I dont see it as a nessasary reward in the competitive world we live in , but I think of it more as a nessarry evil as opposed to an attribute. by this I mean the act of proffiting off of anothers work , something I think we all can agree big buisness and wall street are very good at , in fact that might be all they do!!!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 08:48:00 PM by geofan »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 09:35:06 PM »
Oh great, Google blew our cover.  Geofan, you seem polite so don't take this the wrong way but I'm going to address a few points in your post:

First
While not an active protestor I feel there is some confusion so , from the point of a left leaning individual with close friends currently protesting , and at times a sign holder myself , let me try and explain . The movement as I understand it has severe libertarian undertones.

No, it doesn't.  Or rather, there is zero evidence in the movement's public face, interviews with protesters or the signs being held that it has any libertarian undertones at all.  Trying to take other folks stuff is not libertarian.

I'm going to skip feudalism, progressive taxes and "social safety nets" except to say I think you'r probably mistaken, and there is verifiable upward mobility in our society.  It's not easy, but it does exist.  I would also posit that it's not any harder to get rich now then it was in the past.

P.S. I hope one day in the future we reach a point as people where one man does not will not and can not exploit another , I beleive this is at its core a bad thing, this doesnt make me so nieve where I dont see it as a nessasary reward in the competitive world we live in , but I think of it more as a nessarry evil as opposed to an attribute. by this I mean the act of proffiting off of anothers work , something I think we all can agree big buisness and wall street are very good at , in fact that might be all they do!!!

It does make you naive.  Sorry.  The world is a competitive place.  Not just human society, but the world in general.  It always will be.  If you allow yourself to be exploited, someone will find you and exploit you.  That's just the way life is.  It's your responsibility to not allow yourself to be exploited.  I also think you vastly underestimate the amount of skill, work and dedication it takes to be successful at "Wall Street" or "big business".

(Hard) Truth be told, to folks that are actually out there in this country working at bettering their own life, these "Occupy [blank]" protests are a joke, and the folks spending weeks holding signs are either irrelevant burnouts, or spoiled naive students.  Sorry.