Author Topic: Rep. Jesse Jackson Calls on Government to Hire All Unemployed Americans for $40,  (Read 6955 times)

wmenorr67

• friend

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/14/rep-jesse-jackson-calls-on-government-to-hire-all-unemployed-americans-for/#ixzz1aqZArKux

Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. has offered his own $804 billion jobs plan that calls on the federal government to hire the nation’s 15 million unemployed Americans for jobs paying roughly $40,000 each, and bail out all the states and cities facing budget crises.

Really.  And yet they want to cut military retirements and what not.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
well of course.

Because the magic money fairy will be more than willing to work OT farting out all that extra cash.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
It would work, because the money comes from Obama's stash.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Perhaps my math is faulty, but when I divide 804,000,000,000 by 15,000,000, I get 53,600. So what do we do with the 15 million $40K salaries after the first year?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

P5 Guy

Perhaps my math is faulty, but when I divide 804,000,000,000 by 15,000,000, I get 53,600. So what do we do with the 15 million $40K salaries after the first year?

By then the economy will be so stimulated we won't need the Government Money Fairy's farts.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
A village in Kenya is missing its job creator.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Last name Jackson= Assclown
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Perd Hapley

• friend
Last name Jackson= Assclown

Andrew Jackson, on the other hand, was such a thorough-going stud that he could probably beat you to death from beyond the grave. Watch your back.

zxcvbob

• friend
Perhaps my math is faulty, but when I divide 804,000,000,000 by 15,000,000, I get 53,600.
The other $13600 is Jackson's finders fee.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The other $13600 is Jackson's finders fee.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised, though that does just about work out to the bennie costs for a $40k /yr .gov job.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Andrew Jackson, on the other hand, was such a thorough-going stud that he could probably beat you to death from beyond the grave. Watch your back.
Whoops forgot a about that Jackson. We will have to edit that to only include Jacksons in the last 60 years.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

freakazoid

• friend
The Jackson 5!?  :'(
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RoadKingLarry

• friends
I can't tell if Jr.is as big an idiot as his daddy or worse.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
I can't tell if Jr.is as big an idiot as his daddy or worse.

Well he is a congress critter. 
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.

Nope....he was pretty much an assclown too.....just ask the Cherokee....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Jackson#Indian_removal
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• friend
The Jackson 5!?  :'(

They define the genre.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
Is that 40K wages or does that include the employers 10%+ in taxes, unemp and the like?
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

MechAg94

• friend
If we do this, can we also cut unemployment down to only about 12 or 24 weeks or so and eliminate welfare and food stamps?

Then we could do massive layoffs.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
That's over $10K per American family in extra taxes.   Hmmm.  Oh wait, I forgot...we'll just print it.  No problem.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
*ponders* So how much of that 40k is going to be taken back by the government as "income tax", kinda like military pay?

P5 Guy

*ponders* So how much of that 40k is going to be taken back by the government as "income tax", kinda like military pay?

Same as is re-confiscated from a Social Security check?
 [popcorn]