Author Topic: IL High School Policy Limits Bathroom Breaks  (Read 7487 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: IL High School Policy Limits Bathroom Breaks
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 10:21:44 PM »
Bathroom breaks are nessasary. There are some things a young lady cannot control.

But did you have to take so many during English class?  :P

For that matter, there's a little thing called diarrhea.  I can recall having to take three bathroom breaks in one class period after a breakfast that really didn't agree with my guts.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 02:43:15 AM »
After Columbine, when backpacks were banned but girls still allowed to carry purses, my ex started carrying a purse. Yeah, that went over well with the administration.

As for bathroom breaks, of course kids shouldn't be indiscriminantly wandering the halls because they decided to take a bathroom break. And somehow teachers and principals and kids and parents all muddled through without an idiotic hard-line rule destined to be mocked by the cutups and to give a UTI to some goodytwoshoes kid who doesn't get that sometimes peeing is more important than following the rules.

When bathroom breaks are outlawed, only outlaws will have bathroom breaks.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 02:53:28 AM »
Forgive me if this has been said before, but it seems that a lot of the problem with school rules these days (perhaps all rules) is centralized decision. Instead of letting teachers set rules, or just decide on a case-by-case, the whole school, or the whole district, or the whole state, or the whole country, has to be on the same page. Cuz if'n we're all micro-managed in exactly the same way, everything will be fair, and no one higher up the food chain will ever be criticized for someone beneath them exercising independent thought.

Foolish consistency, across all degrees of separation, breeds hobgoblins for the rule-happy bureaucrat or the over-zealous libertarian.*

*Sorry about that. In my tiny mind, I'm still mulling over some forum member's critique of federalism, local zoning laws, vote-with-your-feet, etc.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2011, 03:54:36 PM »
Forgive me if this has been said before, but it seems that a lot of the problem with school rules these days (perhaps all rules) is centralized decision. Instead of letting teachers set rules, or just decide on a case-by-case, the whole school, or the whole district, or the whole state, or the whole country, has to be on the same page. Cuz if'n we're all micro-managed in exactly the same way, everything will be fair, and no one higher up the food chain will ever be criticized for someone beneath them exercising independent thought.

Foolish consistency, across all degrees of separation, breeds hobgoblins for the rule-happy bureaucrat or the over-zealous libertarian.*

*Sorry about that. In my tiny mind, I'm still mulling over some forum member's critique of federalism, local zoning laws, vote-with-your-feet, etc.

*dies a little inside*
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds