Author Topic: Posted by xd9fan on THR.Org, now closed.  (Read 545 times)

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Posted by xd9fan on THR.Org, now closed.
« on: May 04, 2006, 03:12:24 PM »
GOP's Focus on Limiting Spending - Too Little, Too Late

After years of reckless spending, Republicans are looking to reclaim their fiscal discipline mantel just in time for the fall elections.

Roll Call reported that the Republican leadership plans to make federal spending a major priority in its 2006 campaign.

In the coming months, Republican Senators are planning on several press events on federal spending, the budget, and earmarks. Holding press events will not convince the American public that Republicans are serious about reining in federal spending.

Last week, Senate Republicans were successful in eliminating a $15 million earmark for a seafood-promotion program for Gulf Coast fishing interests during a vote for a supplemental appropriations bill for Iraq and Hurricane Katrina. Republicans will need to cut more than just a $15 million pork barrel program, in order to have any chance of putting a dent in the rising federal budget deficit of $760 billion.

Republicans will learn the hard way in the fall elections that fiscal responsibility should be practiced every year, not just election year.
======================

Isn't this akin to tralk getting morals AFTER she comes up gravid?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.