Author Topic: LAPD sergeant is pepper-sprayed, arrested on burglary charge  (Read 2721 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
LAPD sergeant is pepper-sprayed, arrested on burglary charge
« on: October 28, 2011, 11:09:21 AM »
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/10/lapd-sergeant-blasted-with-pepper-spray-arrested-for-burglary.html

LAPD Sergeant decided to burglarize a lady's home near the San Bernardino National Forest.  She comes home from walking the dogs and finds a man in her house.  She the proceeds to spray him with bear pepper spray, which according to the article is 5 times more powerful than law enforcement pepper spray.  Burglar retreats and crashes his car a few miles away.  Sheriff deputies catch up to burglar and find him with the lady's stolen property and reeking of pepper spray.  When they go to book him, they find out that he is a LAPD Sergeant.  Released on $125,000 bail.

I say he got what he deserved.  The lady is lucky he didn't use a firearm.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

dogmush

• friend
Re: LAPD sergeant is pepper-sprayed, arrested on burglary charge
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 11:12:22 AM »
He's lucky SHE didn't use a firearm. or the dogs.  or both.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »
Let's just agree both of them are very lucky.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 11:23:51 AM »
In further news, California woman booked on charges of felony assualt on a police officer and use of an unimproved weapon.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 11:35:10 AM »
Update: LAPD officer accused of burglary granted full immunity in return for his testimony against woman who used unapproved chemical weapon in anti-personnel role. Department of Homeland Security now investigating this as the possible use of WMD in a terror attack on law enforcement.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 11:47:13 AM »
In further news, California woman booked on charges of felony assualt on a police officer and use of an unimproved weapon.

What the heck does THAT mean .... she used an experimental device .... or a tree branch? ??? =|
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 11:50:57 AM »
Burglar retreats and crashes his car a few miles away. 

If they don't charge him with driving under the influence, how about careless and imprudent driving?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 11:56:36 AM »
What the heck does THAT mean .... she used an experimental device .... or a tree branch? ??? =|

Maybe. =D  Should have been unapproved.  Mind not working well with fingers today.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 02:13:58 PM »

too much Deus Ex, probably

=D
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 04:14:11 PM »
Just another fine officer out collecting revenue while off-duty  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 04:24:05 PM »
Just another fine officer out collecting revenue while off-duty  :P

I would say that he is trying to build up his bankrupt CA retirement fund.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 04:26:04 PM »
Wanted to show his solidarity for the Occupiers.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 04:32:45 PM »
My brother is a cop in NY, works as a detective in a multi jurisdictional task force.
His house was burglarized , by a LT in a neighboring PD!

I don't get it-I can get by fine on half of what these guys are making
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 07:50:45 PM »
I say he got what he deserved.

No, he didn't get what he deserved. Which was a bullet. Thieves are SCUM. Those who are supposed to "serve and protect" and break their oaths? Yeah, bullet, that's worse than a normal thief.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:04:36 PM by Avenger29 »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 06:56:54 AM »
I say he got what he deserved.

I must have missed the part where they tattooed his badge on his forehead and put him in general population at the jail.