Author Topic: Couple Lost in Apple Orchard Calls 911  (Read 1426 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Couple Lost in Apple Orchard Calls 911
« on: October 30, 2011, 11:50:41 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2011/10/couple-lost-in-apple-orchard-calls-911/

What is up with Mass. idiots?  (Don't mean this towards any of our members that are residents of MA.)

Mark and Marcia Rosenthal of Boston when to an orchard to pick some apples.  They wondered too far from their car (1/2 mile - 3/4 mile) and became worried as the sun started to go down that they would not be able to find their way back to their car.  They called the orchard's main number and when they didn't get an answer the called 911.  Police showed up to the still open orchard and directed the owners to a landmark where the couple was waiting to be rescued.  When one of the owner's went out to "rescue" said idiots, the man asked (jokingly)"So how many rescues a year?” And owner replied, ‘Well, through 85 years of business, none.”  “You know, we have a hedge maze too. So we said to them after, ‘We have a hedge maze and we’re not gonna let you in,” one of the owners joked. “He was a comical guy.”

Mark Rosenthal had been an on-air meteorologist for a Boston news station for many years.

Darwin take them away.  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Couple Lost in Apple Orchard Calls 911
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 12:30:50 PM »
Some people should have permission slips to be allowed to leave the city.   :facepalm:

When we lived in Arizona, we used to hunt jack rabbits in the orange groves.  Many of them were allowed to grow wild when they were being rotated, and yet I never managed to get lost.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

P5 Guy

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 03:12:15 PM »
CHARGE THEM FOR THE RESCUE
That might put a stop to hanging out at a landmark and waiting for the rescue. How can one get lost in an orchard?
 [popcorn]

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 03:27:42 PM »
Maybe they were afraid they'd starve to death?.....  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 08:09:34 PM »
Actual incident from this weekend

Them: Youngish couple come in: Hi, we want to go trailrunning on ABC trail.
Us: Don't do it. It's a treacherous, steep trail and you could easily get hurt and be stuck in an area where it would take several hours to get in and then several hours to carry you out. None of our trails are suitable for trailrunning due to the terrain and conditions"
Them: OK, we'll walk instead.

3-4 hours later

The guy comes running into the visitor center, panting heavily.
Us: What's going on?"
Him: "My GF broke her ankle on the trail, about 4 miles in, I came out and ran up the road to get help"
Us: OK, how did she break her ankle and what's the closest landmark to her exact position so we can get the SAR team enroute?"
Him "We were trail running..."

*expletive deleted*ing IDIOTS. Also, they did not fill out the registration card, like we TOLD them too, and if one of them had not been able to get out of the woods to get us, or if they had gotten lost...it would have delayed rescue much longer.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 06:58:27 PM »
if one of them had not been able to get out of the woods to get us, or if they had gotten lost...it would have delayed rescue much longer.

Too bad  =(

Darwin got cheated this time  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 07:38:15 PM »
Too bad  =(

Darwin got cheated this time  ;)

My sentiments, also.   Don't you have Bears or Mountain Lions?   They need to eat too.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 07:55:35 PM »
My sentiments, also.   Don't you have Bears or Mountain Lions?   They need to eat too.
Yea, no *expletive deleted*it!

"Here is your bag of fresh rescue bacon to carry with you. Just swing it around your head if you get lost."
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen