Author Topic: Stick a Fork in Cain, as he is Done!  (Read 36621 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: Stick a Fork in Cain, as he is Done!
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2011, 10:51:05 PM »
It is unbelievable that Cain would run if he knew he'd done what's alleged; he had to know it would come out.

But it is also unbelievable that a woman would publicly denigrate a Presidential candidate with such false allegations.

"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2011, 11:12:25 PM »
It is unbelievable that Cain would run if he knew he'd done what's alleged; he had to know it would come out.

But it is also unbelievable that a woman would publicly denigrate a Presidential candidate with such false allegations.

Well... Bill Clinton probably actually DID DO most of what was alleged against him, and he still ran. Same for Ted Kennedy. No matter what side of the political aisle, at the national, or even just high in state-level politics, there's almost always a certain factor of a desire for power, and an ego to be fed.

The exceptions (like Ron Paul), and their lack of success at getting the ultimate brass ring, seem to prove the rule, at least to me.

I will retain a healthy skepticism as long as all the claims are originating from Cain's days at the National Restaurant Association. That could very easily be "dirty pool" at the corporate level, a power play within the NRA, or a group who was ousted when he assumed power there.. whatever.

http://law.jrank.org/pages/3741/Mackenzie-v-Miller-Brewing-Co-1997-1999-2000.html

AKA "The Seinfeld Lawsuit" over the joke that presumably started the whole thing, or was a very thin pretext to oust someone with (manufactured) cause.

I've seen it first hand when I worked at Miller Brewing for almost ten years, and I had regular contact with some of the principal people involved, and knew their personalities, and how the "reality" clashed with the testimony in the various trials over the whole thing. Those in SE WI or the Milwaukee metro probably remember the case.

If it really is a "pattern of behavior" with Cain, then I'd expect to see a whole slew of other sexual harassment claims from the other corporations he's worked at, or led.

I promise not to duck.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2011, 11:14:17 AM »
At this point, I'm not even sure a bunch more claims would convince me.  They would need to not be associated with known political smear artists. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2011, 02:03:26 PM »
Yes, one is actually tied to the Obama admin now...

Another has a long history of not staying at any job more than 1-2 years, and has some other claims shot down as false in her past as well.

Even if the claims were all real, the Democrats and the MSM only have themselves to blame, Clinton and Teddy pretty much made made the "Sexual harassment scandal card" worthless.

And what the Left tried to do to Clarence Thomas seeded the idea that it was the prime way to attack a Black Conservative in the American collective consciousness.
I promise not to duck.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2011, 04:06:41 PM »
Yes, one is actually tied to the Obama admin now...

Another has a long history of not staying at any job more than 1-2 years, and has some other claims shot down as false in her past as well.

Even if the claims were all real, the Democrats and the MSM only have themselves to blame, Clinton and Teddy pretty much made made the "Sexual harassment scandal card" worthless.

And what the Left tried to do to Clarence Thomas seeded the idea that it was the prime way to attack a Black Conservative in the American collective consciousness.
I do recall a guy someone hired at our company who had a long resume filled with 1 to 2 year jobs.  He was slick and dishonest and finally got fired for buying personal stuff on his purchasing card.  I recall other compressor mechanics cussing him for a couple years after because they kept finding bolts with the heads twisted off that were epoxied in place on machines he overhauled.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2011, 08:36:44 PM »
Heard Cain's press conference over the radio tonight.
He sounded pretty convincing and I was really pulling for him up until he started answering questions from the press.
It all went downhill from there.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2011, 08:51:31 PM »
So she's a white gal, huh? Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting. Anybody remember the Republican TV ad against a black, Democrat candidate, where a white chick flirts with him, and how that was considered race-baiting? Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting.

http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/200601024_harold_ford_ad/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2011, 09:06:37 PM »
Ah, but someone finally brought up lie detectors.  The third rail of politics.  Let's start with Obama.   =D
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2011, 09:15:02 PM »
Ah, but someone finally brought up lie detectors.  The third rail of politics.  Let's start with Obama.
He'll just claim executive priviledge.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2011, 09:32:30 PM »
Looks like they are all starting to emerge from the shadows now.....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2011, 09:35:26 PM »
Looks like they are all starting to emerge from the shadows now.....

Cockroaches do that sometimes....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2011, 07:29:23 AM »
Another cockroach steps from the shadows.....

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-accuser-filed-complaint-next-job-080946066.html

To settle the complaint at the immigration service, Kraushaar initially demanded thousands of dollars in payment, a reinstatement of leave she used after the accident earlier in 2002, promotion on the federal pay scale and a one-year fellowship to Harvard's Kennedy School of Government, according to a former supervisor familiar with the complaint. The promotion itself would have increased her annual salary between $12,000 and $16,000, according to salary tables in 2002 from the U.S. Office of Personnel Management.

Kraushaar told the AP she considered her employment complaint "relatively minor" and she later dropped it.

Looks like Pavlov and the Salivating Dog at work........if at first you don't succeed......
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2011, 10:44:15 AM »
The culture of grievance, with its all too willing legal helpers, is alive and well.  Advancement by litigation or threat of litigation is not uncommon, especially in the public sector.  What starts in America as righting wrongs most often ends as a wrong itself.  And a lot of women have learned how to play the game.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2011, 12:35:04 PM »
Pretty soon you won't be able to find a Whitewomanâ„¢ (it's one word) from the Chicago area that *hasn't* been sexually abused, oppressed, assaulted, or discriminated against by Cain -- about 20 or so years ago -- with tearful (coached and rehearsed) stories of outrage and woe.

Not to imply that some of them *might* not have a little truth to them.  Or not.  It's really not knowable at this point.

The most interesting development is that Cain has volunteered to take a polygraph test.  Whoa.  The other candidates must really be worried; imagine what a precedent that would set!
"It's good, though..."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2011, 03:48:45 PM »
Cain has now been upgraded to a "monster," courtesy of Karen Kraushaar.  Release the Kraken!
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2011, 06:21:31 PM »
And the press is running after this bullshit and almost completely ignoring Fast and Furious.   You know, the one where people are dead and dying, because this administration gave guns to very bad people.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2011, 06:24:29 PM »
Good point.  Fast & Furious, Solyndra, LightSquared...on and on.  They know what they are doing.  When in doubt go back to the sexsational, when needed tabloidize the election.  A hand on the thigh draws more eyeballs than impeachable assaults on the Constitution.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2011, 10:08:15 PM »
Watching the MSNBC debate.  It was pretty good overall.  I was surprised that I didn't find a lot of fault with the questions.

Herman Cain did pretty good.  He does not have an answer for China.  But who really does?  Huntsman paints the problem fairly accurately in simple terms.  Herman is such a good speaker and you want to like him.  Romney did well also.  He is the establishment candidate; hence he will probably get the nomination.

It all falls back to JOBS JOBS JOBS.

No question Longeyes that you are right about the tabloidization of the election.

I have opinions on the "whitewoman" comment in general.  But I will refrain.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2011, 01:12:08 AM »
Romney, Newt, Cain, and Paul are keepers; the rest need to vamoose.  Perry had one last shot to recoup, and he blew it bigtime; this league is too fast for him.  Overall it was a lively, energetic show.  Cain is still popular, it's clear, but his 9-9-9 is getting to be shtick rather than a program.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2011, 01:44:16 AM »
http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/article/fifth-woman-raises-questions-about-cains-behavior

Cain exhibited no inappropriate sexual behavior during the dinner, though he did order two $400 bottles of wine and stuck the women with the bill, she said.

We've stretched the definition of what "allegations" are past the breaking point.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2011, 02:30:05 AM »
http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/article/fifth-woman-raises-questions-about-cains-behavior

We've stretched the definition of what "allegations" are past the breaking point.
:laugh:
I'm sure we'll hear ere long that going Dutch is tantamount to rape.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2011, 05:51:48 AM »

Cain exhibited no inappropriate sexual behavior during the dinner, though he did order two $400 bottles of wine and stuck the women with the bill, she said.

So....he'd be a good Democrat, right?.....  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2011, 02:51:10 PM »
Leave Cain alone - God told him to run! How can he lose!?

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/politics&id=8429728

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2011, 04:20:40 PM »
"It's good, though..."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2011, 12:23:09 AM »
Cain has now been upgraded to a "monster," courtesy of Karen Kraushaar.  Release the Kraken!

You rang?

AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.