Author Topic: Stick a Fork in Cain, as he is Done!  (Read 36644 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Stick a Fork in Cain, as he is Done!
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2011, 12:35:18 PM »
As far as flailing, Cain is somewhat new to the crucible of the national media.  Anyone will have their moments.  Palin stumbled some as well a few years back.

I have heard some of the radio discussion make the point that a large number of Republican primary voters are very distrustful of the media which is why the polls are showing little effect.  Also, it is a very well known fact that ANYONE can make sexual harassment allegations and even the false and weak allegations are hard to disprove.  Without some evidence that Cain did something more than just make a comment, I have a feeling a lot of people will give him a pass. 

As far as foreign policy, Obama had zero foreign policy experience as well.  As I have said before, very very few Presidents have any prior foreign policy experience at all.  If they guy is smart and has good ideas on other issues, he will likely do the same on foreign policy.  At this time when domestic issues are paramount, I think foreign policy is way down on the list for most. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2011, 12:51:22 PM »
Our foreign policy has been questionable on so many fronts for so many years.  And this with all the combined genius of innumerable Ivy Leaguers born to the purple.  Could it be worse?  Obama, with his supernatural insight into all things, has managed to bring a consistency into the disparate policies--but that policy is to promote jihad and establish a new Caliphate.  Thank you, O Genius.

Cain is about more than the specifics of 9-9-9.  It could be 5-5-5 or any number of variants.  His policy is asking for two things: greater tax equity and incentives for risk-taking and, most of all, economic growth.  If he were elected he would no doubt tweak the catchphrase into something more pragmatic and more sharply targeted.

Cain and what he represents is not going away.  I only wish he were ten years younger and didn't have the medical history he has.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2011, 01:16:30 PM »
Cain and what he represents is not going away.  I only wish he were ten years younger and didn't have the medical history he has.

Me too.  I listened to him on the radio off and on for a number of years.  Black folks (in general) need a voice like Herman Cain's.  He is all about work, taking risks, and trying to improve yourself.  He does not feel sorry for the plight of many of these people.  He pretty much says get a job, be on time, don't take off work when you feel like it or after you get paid.  This is a common problem and is something that is built into the psychic of many people which limits their ability to succeed.

Cain's tax plan is significant even if he does not go any further in the campaign or popularity polls.  He has singularly caused other potential nominee's to bring their flat tax proposals into the discussion.  Why flat tax versus 9-9-9?  Because there is no national sales tax.  The Fair Tax is also supported by Cain and what he wants the tax system to evolve into, but that will cause state to state referendums for passage and a lot of time to implement.  The sales tax may infact put taxes into a clearer prospective for many people.   Get the plan in and tweek it alittle here and there as long as there is no VAT built into the system.  We are already taxed to death with hidden taxes and little taxes on our day to day things like telephone and so forth.

I have little problem with Cain's lack of foreign policy experience.  You choose the man and what makes up the man (or woman) and that forms the basis of all their decisions.  It is about principles developed over a lifetime, not the flavor of the week.  Look at Obama.  If people thought this way, he would never have been the Democratic nominee 4 years ago.  As Perry said about Mitt Romney...  how many people really shift their positions on issues after they get into their 50's and 60's.  Romney shifts his positions to match the Republican position, but that is not part of the man.  He's plastic.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 01:22:30 PM by slingshot »
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2011, 06:56:33 PM »
Black ALL folks (in general) need a voice like Herman Cain's.  

FIFY....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2011, 08:25:03 PM »
Yes, ALL, but especially the people that feel the country has left them behind never to catch up.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 08:34:58 PM by slingshot »
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2011, 12:55:58 PM »
Our foreign policy has been questionable on so many fronts for so many years.  And this with all the combined genius of innumerable Ivy Leaguers born to the purple.  Could it be worse?  Obama, with his supernatural insight into all things, has managed to bring a consistency into the disparate policies--but that policy is to promote jihad and establish a new Caliphate.  Thank you, O Genius.

I think that is what many forget.  No politician has foreign policy "experience" until they get some experience.  IMO, it is all about who the candidate is and what kind of person they are.  If they are a good smart candidate, they will find the people with the smarts and experience to advise them.  Beyond that, if the candidate is smart, they will do just fine. 

IMO, expecting a candidate who can go in and be a foreign policy ace on day 1 is wishful thinking. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2011, 02:41:12 PM »
IMO, expecting a candidate who can go in and be a foreign policy ace on day 1 is wishful thinking. 
Agreed. I actually would like to see a new foreign policy that says No More Money, No more BS.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2011, 02:44:41 PM »
Our foreign policy has been questionable on so many fronts for so many years.  And this with all the combined genius of innumerable Ivy Leaguers born to the purple.  Could it be worse?  Obama, with his supernatural insight into all things, has managed to bring a consistency into the disparate policies--but that policy is to promote jihad and establish a new Caliphate.  Thank you, O Genius.

Yeah, we generally promote Jihad by killing terrorists who've killed Americans.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2011, 06:43:47 PM »
Quote from: Jamie B
Oddly, there seems to be no backlash from potential voters, yet.
Some theorize that they are afraid since he is black - I think not, as the polls are anonymous.
Maybe some are blinded by thinking that a black Reb candidate is the best choice to unseat BHO.
Cain even played the race card, which really surprised me - I guess that it is still that powerful to the ignorant.
Actually, Cain may well be the backlash, a backlash by sane Americans who profess TEA ideals.  They have seen how the media think they are to select the republican candidate.  They also see how elitist republican establishment has already decided who the candidate is and will proceed to force feed that person to the rest of the party.

Cain is still an unknown to me.  I will not sign on until I learn a more about who he gathers around himself as advisors and operatives.  The fact that Cain knows nothing of foreign policy is nothing new.  American history is festooned with people of marginal skills who somehow blunder through.  No one individual can know everything.  What is crucial is who does he hire to advise and implement foreign policy.  The true test of a manager is how successful he is in attracting and keeping top notch people.  I read Cain as a cut above anything I've seen in my years of political observations.  Time and actions will tell reality.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2011, 06:58:55 PM »
Yeah, we generally promote Jihad by killing terrorists who've killed Americans

Funny how these governments seem to slide toward hard-core Islam and Shari'a after we exhibit our magic touch, isn't it?  Who we decide to kill is selective--perhaps emanating from the fevered brains of Susan Rice and Samantha Power?
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2011, 07:08:40 PM »
Funny how these governments seem to slide toward hard-core Islam and Shari'a after we exhibit our magic touch, isn't it?  Who we decide to kill is selective--perhaps emanating from the fevered brains of Susan Rice and Samantha Power?

"Seem" being the operative term. It will take years for the fate of these places to become clear. In the meanwhile, Al-Zawahiri, Usama Bin-Ladin, and Muammar Gaddhafi - all murderers who have killed Americans - are dead.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2011, 08:40:39 PM »

We are promoting democracy and the locals are getting what they want.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2011, 10:23:20 AM »
Found it interesting that after last nights "debate" between Gingrich and Cain that some people are combining them as a team.  I thought this a while back.  Chris Wallace with Fox News said that VP candidates are usually chosen in hopes of cementing support in a different area whether it be people or a region.  That has never really worked.  Maybe Palin attracted more female votes??  With Cain and Gingrich being from GA, it would not make much sense.  But from a getting things done point of view and having a VP that would make a good President, the Cain-Gingrich team makes a lot of sense.  Gingrich would be the polticial attack dog as most vice presidents are.  Biden is Obama's attack dog, but he is not very effective and people blow him off.  Gingrich knows the political system and is very well versed in US politics.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2011, 12:25:19 PM »
We are promoting democracy and the locals are getting what they want.

No no no. It's a grand conspiracy to promote Islam, because Barry is a sooper sekrit Islamic manchurian candidate.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2011, 04:21:44 PM »
There's nothing secret about Obama's preferences.  He doesn't have to be "Manchurian;" he's in plain sight. He sees no Islamic threat; he's not only told us that, he's scrubbed all government of any hint that Islam might be part of the problem.  Taking down dictators in order to become one yourself isn't my idea of a grand plan that is good for America.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2011, 11:42:23 PM »
Found it interesting that after last nights "debate" between Gingrich and Cain that some people are combining them as a team.  I thought this a while back.  Chris Wallace with Fox News said that VP candidates are usually chosen in hopes of cementing support in a different area whether it be people or a region.  That has never really worked.  Maybe Palin attracted more female votes??  With Cain and Gingrich being from GA, it would not make much sense.  But from a getting things done point of view and having a VP that would make a good President, the Cain-Gingrich team makes a lot of sense.  Gingrich would be the polticial attack dog as most vice presidents are.  Biden is Obama's attack dog, but he is not very effective and people blow him off.  Gingrich knows the political system and is very well versed in US politics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RUiCSIUa2M&feature=player_detailpage#t=175s
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2011, 12:57:03 PM »
It's not over until Gloria Allred sings.

And here she is...
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2011, 02:15:47 PM »
Yea, I saw Gloria's press conference.
The 4th accuser had plenty of claims:
Said Cain upgraded her hotel room.
Said Cain made sexual advances.
Has statements from 2 friends whom she told about Cain's advances.

Cripe, I can easily find 2 friends who can swear that I gave them statements - still does not make them true.

It all adds up to her word against his - the classic he said/she said.

She claims that she passed on selling her story for money - and says she is doing what is right.
That remains to be seen. I grade her case at this point with a D-.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2011, 03:07:24 PM »
I think we've reached the point where those who like Cain really don't care any more about these allegations; they may not even care if they are true or not.  The Left's phony idealism has produced exactly the opposite of what they professed to want: a cynical America.

But if Cain is done in by the libs, they are probably doing in the electoral process itself.  When people get truly disillusioned, all bets are off.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

P5 Guy

« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2011, 04:12:53 PM »
Cain
I sure hope so. I'm done with these unexperienced saying they know how to run a country. Give me a grouchy old guy to look after the country. Yeah, I know there aren't any since Barry Goldwater.
Maybe Ron Paul but he seems too jovial, that's just me.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2011, 05:20:20 PM »
I think we've reached the point where those who like Cain really don't care any more about these allegations; they may not even care if they are true or not.  The Left's phony idealism has produced exactly the opposite of what they professed to want: a cynical America.

But if Cain is done in by the libs, they are probably doing in the electoral process itself.  When people get truly disillusioned, all bets are off.
A caller on Rush earlier said she felt like she had been trained by the media to not trust anything the media says.  I feel that way a lot.  I think some of it in my case comes from all the self defense threads where the original article is so inaccurate that all the initial views of the incident are completely untrue. 

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2011, 06:16:40 PM »
Gloria Allred's arrival on the scene is as predictable as a fly showing up on a cow patty.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2011, 06:46:27 PM »
I find it hard to believe that Herman Cain would run for the Republican nomination for President if these accusations are substantially true.  The last one with Alred is simply this woman's word against Herman Cain's.  It is a conspiracy to get rid of Cain.  He has become a threat.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2011, 07:14:21 PM »
Gloria Allred's arrival on the scene is as predictable as a fly showing up on a cow patty.

...and adds as much credibility to the case as a videotaped Clinton deposition....  ;/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2011, 07:25:06 PM »
Gloria Allred's arrival on the scene is as predictable as a fly showing up on a cow patty. but didn't smell nearly so fragrant as Ms Allred..

FTFY.  =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G