Author Topic: Stick a Fork in Cain, as he is Done!  (Read 36619 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Stick a Fork in Cain, as he is Done!
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2011, 05:37:58 PM »
Are you willing to have 4 more years of BO in order to hold onto your ideals?  And NO, I do not want another RINO in office.  I just think that BO would do more harm than can be repaired in our lifetime.

And I think a RINO would do more harm than can be repaired in our lifetime.

We CAN'T have another mushy moderate Republican that leads to another Democrat super-majority in congress and a Democrat president.

I'd prefer dealing with Obama and a Republican congress that leads to a real conservative in office than to deal with a moderate Republican and a Republican congress that try to "appeal to the middle" and "reach across the isle" that doesn't fix anything and makes people fed up with the Republicans again so they put in another "HOPE AND CHANGE" democrat.

We can't survive another 2 years like the Democrats got from 2009-2011. We can survive four more years of this. This sucks, but it's not as bad at 09-11.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2011, 05:45:27 PM »
>Are you willing to have 4 more years of BO in order to hold onto your ideals?  And NO, I do not want another RINO in office.  I just think that BO would do more harm than can be repaired in our lifetime.<

Can you honestly say that 4 years of Romney would be better than Obama?

Is there REALLY any difference between the two, besides their faith and the letter next to their name?

The difference that I could see between the two would be us again validating the Republican belief that they can ignore the actual conservatives and libertarians under their tent, just like we did with George W. We keep doing that (like we have been), is there any bloody point to continuing?

I plan on voting in the primary. If Romney gets the nod, I will vote Libertarian. Hell, I'll write in Mickey Mouse, even HE would be a better choice!
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2011, 05:50:17 PM »
Personally, I would rather see Cain than any of the dwarfs.  At the very least, the first 4 years of Romney he would be governing for re-election.  After that, we replace him. =D

Second choice would be Paul.  He promotes the side of freedom.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2011, 06:10:16 PM »
Count me in with the group that says a RINO garnering a "mandate" and winning the office is far more damaging than an Obama lame duck incumbent.

Especially if the Tea Party and real conservatives make more inroads as is expected, in the House and especially the Senate.  There's supposed to be LOTS of wishy-washy purple State seats up for grab in the Senate this time around, that haven't gotten to ride the Tea Party wave yet and ride the anti-NeoCon wave of 2006.

GOP will go 60/40 in the Senate.  Especially if the Electorate is smart enough to throw the election if it's "Giant *expletive deleted*che"/"Turd Sandwich" on the ballot for POTUS.

A resounding "meh" will dribble from our mouths and ballot pens, with a Romney GOP nomination.

I know I'll write in Ron Paul if still running, or some Libertarian/Constitutional party candidate at the time if he's not.

Didn't vote for McCain in 2008, and I will NEVER put a check mark next to Romney.  Ever.  Ever.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:50:09 PM by AZRedhawk44 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2011, 06:22:08 PM »
Reading this thread is a perfect backgrounder for understanding how secession comes about.  NONE of the candidates--and of course this includes Obama--have the standing to govern the America of 2011 and beyond.  We should understand what that implies culturally and become pragmatists.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2011, 07:16:42 PM »
I think the only mandate the next president will have is "undo anything obama."  Our greatest challenge is to deliver up a conservative House and Senate.  Hopefully some majority leaders with a backbone.  I really don't want to see Boehner play lapdog to Romney.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2011, 07:51:16 PM »
Are you willing to have 4 more years of BO in order to hold onto your ideals?  And NO, I do not want another RINO in office.  I just think that BO would do more harm than can be repaired in our lifetime.

There are other ways to defeat Obama & Co. than electing a RINO....even if BHO gets re-elected....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2011, 10:26:19 AM »
You know, Rick Perry's campaign team makes a great deal of sense as to the source of all these allegations since it is reported he has two of the National Restaurant ass movers and shakers on his "team" who might have direct knowledge of the events from years ago.  Perry has the most to gain immediately and he might well move from 3rd or 4th to 2nd.  Dirty business.  Perry plays dirty as I undestand his the way the last TX gov race played out.   I will say this, if it turns out that Perry did this, I would rather vote for anyone other than Perry.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2011, 11:13:22 AM »
Perry might be that desperate, but I think than Cain is also desperate enough to lob the accusations at the Perry camp just to cover himself.

Seems like a tennis match that nobody deserves to win.....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2011, 12:47:29 PM »
The advice that time needs to move forward so that Cain can simply say that we have already hashed out the accusations and so forth.  It would not surprise me that there is a hint of truth in the accusations.  They will resurface during the national election if Cain was chosen as the nominee.  But it will depend on the substance of the accusatons.  Republicans tend to have somewhat rigid views on morality and Democrats often don't seem to care.  They just want to win.

It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2011, 12:58:26 PM »
Could Perry be responsible for this?.....just ask Debra Medina & Kay Bailey Hutchison....

Wonder when Glenn Beck will schedule Cain for an "interview"?.... ;)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
I just hope that if you can't stomach voting for the Republican nominee a year from now that you will at least go vote for the congressional elections and not just stay home.  You can leave the Presidential line blank and still vote for the rest. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2011, 05:48:49 PM »
I just hope that if you can't stomach voting for the Republican nominee a year from now that you will at least go vote for the congressional elections and not just stay home.  You can leave the Presidential line blank and still vote for the rest. 

QFT +1

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2011, 07:17:23 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2011, 08:12:10 PM »
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/election_2012_republican_presidential_primary

I saw this link on Drudge.  According to the Rasmussen poll, Cain still has a lead over Romney.

I believe his lead will soon evaporate. Cain and his camp are doing all the wrong things in response to this.  He's played the race card, blamed another campaign (Perry's), and is now threatening to sue Politico over the issue.  All of these actions will serve to diminish people's opinion of him over time.
The better response would have been to stick to the high road.  Acknowledge the accusations, counter with the best factual information that they can lay their hands on in a timely fashion, refuse to be derailed by the accusations, and move on with the campaign.  The overly reactive mode they are in now will only serve to cost Cain the nomination.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2011, 08:30:21 PM »
I would have thought there would be an immediate effect.  However, I am curious just what effect this sort of media assassination will have on the current Repub primary voting crowd. 

If Cain can survive, he at least now has a full understanding of what it means to have the media attack dogs trained on him. 

IMO, this sort of thing is what should have happened to Obama 4 years ago when he failed to release a lot of his personal records and such.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2011, 08:32:17 PM »
I just hope that if you can't stomach voting for the Republican nominee a year from now that you will at least go vote for the congressional elections and not just stay home.  You can leave the Presidential line blank and still vote for the rest.  

I will never stay home, nor will I leave any line blank. I'll write in a candidate, if I have to.

I'm not voting for another RINO, though.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2011, 08:39:29 PM »
I would have thought there would be an immediate effect.  However, I am curious just what effect this sort of media assassination will have on the current Repub primary voting crowd. 

If Cain can survive, he at least now has a full understanding of what it means to have the media attack dogs trained on him. 

IMO, this sort of thing is what should have happened to Obama 4 years ago when he failed to release a lot of his personal records and such.

Oddly, there seems to be no backlash from potential voters, yet.
Some theorize that they are afraid since he is black - I think not, as the polls are anonymous.
Maybe some are blinded by thinking that a black Reb candidate is the best choice to unseat BHO.
Cain even played the race card, which really surprised me - I guess that it is still that powerful to the ignorant.

His responses as a whole would be a textbook lesson in how to not manage a media crisis.

This whole thing is extremely interesting, though.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

agricola

• friend
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2011, 10:05:49 PM »
The better response would have been to stick to the high road.  Acknowledge the accusations, counter with the best factual information that they can lay their hands on in a timely fashion, refuse to be derailed by the accusations, and move on with the campaign.  The overly reactive mode they are in now will only serve to cost Cain the nomination.

I disagree - if there is more out there and what has been alleged is substantially accurate, it will not go away by smart media management (especially with a substantially hostile media); the only way to deal with a problem like that is to just buy the persons silence for long enough (or have the witness done in, of course). 
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2011, 10:49:23 AM »
When you fall--or are pushed--into a pool of piranhas there's bound to be some flailing about as you paddle for your survival.

There is no graceful way to deal with the pack of obstreperous children we now call the mass (liberal) media.  At some point they will be recognized, openly, by conservatives as the enemy and dealt with accordingly.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2011, 11:33:44 AM »

Cain even played the race card, which really surprised me - I guess that it is still that powerful to the ignorant.

Come on, how often do conservatives get to play that on liberals in public?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2011, 11:41:09 AM »
Come on, how often do conservatives get to play that on liberals in public?
Snort! No kidding!

I am fascinated that Cain seems to have not dropped at all in the polls.
In spite of his poor crisis management, he is just steaming along, unscathed.
In spite of his lack of foreign policy knowledge, he is doing OK.
This is getting quite interesting!
I wonder if his business background, plus not being a DC insider is driving this?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2011, 11:51:46 AM »
He is a symbol saying "Hell No!"  Someone was bound to embody the spirit of the Tea Party, and it's Cain.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2011, 11:52:19 AM »
Snort! No kidding!

I am fascinated that Cain seems to have not dropped at all in the polls.
In spite of his poor crisis management, he is just steaming along, unscathed.
In spite of his lack of foreign policy knowledge, he is doing OK.
This is getting quite interesting!
I wonder if his business background, plus not being a DC insider is driving this?

1 - People hate Obama THIS MUCH.
2 - People want Obama gone THIS MUCH.
3 - The GOP primary polls "should" in theory only target likely GOP primary voters.
4 - A lot of GOP primary voters are frustrated with the fact that 47% of the population pays no federal income tax, and lots of them get financial assistance from the Income Tax system.
5- 9/9/9 appears to fix that injustice.

If any other GOP primary candidate would hop up with a tangible plan that eliminates the injustice of nearly half the country paying no income tax, then Cain would fall.

"Cain" isn't winning.  9/9/9 is winning.  The leveling of the tax field (somehow... 9/9/9 being the most well known plan out there but people would jump on ANYTHING) is winning.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2011, 12:21:39 PM »
There was an article from the liberal Huffington Post yesterday about what Donald Trump said with regard to the Cain matter.  He basically said it was a national witch hunt and that he would sue the heck out of Politico and the sources.  Cain knows the sources.  He if goes down, he WILL absolutely ruin the lives of these women.  He should take a lesson from Hillary Clinton and the Clinton machine on this matter.  Linkee below.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/03/donald-trump-herman-cain-_n_1073832.html

I don't think Cain has done all the wrong things in regard to this matter.  He has been flailling around a bit.  Who wouldn't be with all the news people beating him to death on this matter when there are confidentiality agreements with regard to the severnce packages.  Fox News mentioned that media stories on the Cain matter is considerably more than the Bill Clinton matter and that was in fact true.  I don't reall exactly, but they said there were 35 stories in the national liberal media on Cain but only a couple on Bill Clinton during the first week after the allegations were made.  Herman Cain has been tried and found GUILTY without the support of FACTS by the national liberal media.

Herman Cain is the candidate that essentially has said "hell no" to the current political approach to solving problems and a lot of people believe him.  The government is not going to save this economy, butthey can be instrumental in getting out of the way of businesses as the economy slowly climbs out of this recession.  BHO has said it would have been a depression if it had not been for his stimulus packages.  I don't know, but the stimulus packages have certainly spread out the pain in my opinion.

The USA plays a very important part in the world financial system.  We have to lead.  The BHO approach has not worked adequately and another one is needed.  Modifying the entire tax code is a very good start.  Many don't like that the lower income people may actually have to pay some taxes in the 9-9-9 plan.  The Democrats have bought and paid for these votes with their tax pachages. The "poor" already do if they work via social security and medicare taxes which are generally not part of any tax reduction packages.  The 9-9-9 plan would end all of that and put the people on a more equal tax footing forthe future.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:26:30 PM by slingshot »