Author Topic: 236 years today- Semper Fi!  (Read 4633 times)

• friend
236 years today- Semper Fi!
« on: November 10, 2011, 05:23:57 AM »
Happy Birthday Marines!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: 236 years today- Semper Fi!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 05:42:09 AM »
Semper Fi.  Ooh-rah!  Now get out of my AO.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 06:58:51 AM »
Happy birthday to my
Marine Corps!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 07:37:50 AM »
Semper Fi, gentlemen.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 08:08:58 AM »
236 years of proud tradition...

unhampered by progress.

Happy birthday jarheads.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 10:11:08 AM »
So, do you jarheads have an exploding OD green cake or something? ;)

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 02:21:19 PM »
Happy Birthday to my Jarhead friends.

=D
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 02:28:38 PM »
Happy Birthday to all Marines here.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 05:09:17 PM »
Happy Birthday to all Marines!

An oldie but goody:

Marine logic....

Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson, Brian Williams and a tough old U.S. Marine Sergeant were captured by terrorists in Iraq. The leader of the terrorists told them he'd grant each of them one last request before they were beheaded and dragged naked through the streets. Katie Couric said, 'Well, I'm a Southerner, so I'd like one last plate of fried chicken. The leader nodded to an underling who left and returned with the chicken. Couric ate it all and said, 'Now I can die content.'

Charlie Gibson said, 'I'm living in ' New York , so I'd like to hear the song, The Moon and Me, one last time. The terrorist leader nodded to another terrorist who had studied the Western world and knew the music. He returned with some rag-tag musicians and played the song.
Gibson was satisfied. Brian Williams said, 'I'm a reporter to the end. I want to take out my tape recorder and describe the scene here and what's about to happen. Maybe, someday, someone will hear it and know that I was on the job till the end. The leader directed an aide to hand over the tape recorder and Williams dictated his comments. He then said, 'Now I can die happy.'

The leader turned and asked, 'And now, Mr.. U.S. Marine, what is your final wish?
'Kick me in the a$$,' said the Marine.. 'What?' asked the leader, Will you mock us in your last hour? 'No, I'm NOT kidding. I want you to kick me in the a$$, insisted the Marine. So the leader shoved him into the yard and kicked him in the ass. The Marine went sprawling, but rolled to his knees, pulled a 9 mm pistol from inside his cammies and shot the leader dead.
In the resulting confusion, he emptied his sidearm on six terrorists, then with his knife he slashed the throat of one, and with an AK-47, which he took from one of the already dead terrorists, sprayed the rest of the terrorists killing another 11. In a flash, all of them were either dead or fleeing for their lives.

As the Marine was untying Couric, Gibson, and Williams, they asked him, 'Why didn't you just shoot them all in the first place? Why did you ask him to kick you in the a$$?'
'What?' replied the Marine, and have you three a$$holes report that I was the aggressor.....?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 05:20:51 PM »
Happy Birthday brothers.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 06:54:25 PM »
This would be funnier if not so true anymore.
Happy Birthday to all Marines!

An oldie but goody:

Marine logic....

Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson, Brian Williams and a tough old U.S. Marine Sergeant were captured by terrorists in Iraq. The leader of the terrorists told them he'd grant each of them one last request before they were beheaded and dragged naked through the streets. Katie Couric said, 'Well, I'm a Southerner, so I'd like one last plate of fried chicken. The leader nodded to an underling who left and returned with the chicken. Couric ate it all and said, 'Now I can die content.'

Charlie Gibson said, 'I'm living in ' New York , so I'd like to hear the song, The Moon and Me, one last time. The terrorist leader nodded to another terrorist who had studied the Western world and knew the music. He returned with some rag-tag musicians and played the song.
Gibson was satisfied. Brian Williams said, 'I'm a reporter to the end. I want to take out my tape recorder and describe the scene here and what's about to happen. Maybe, someday, someone will hear it and know that I was on the job till the end. The leader directed an aide to hand over the tape recorder and Williams dictated his comments. He then said, 'Now I can die happy.'

The leader turned and asked, 'And now, Mr.. U.S. Marine, what is your final wish?
'Kick me in the a$$,' said the Marine.. 'What?' asked the leader, Will you mock us in your last hour? 'No, I'm NOT kidding. I want you to kick me in the a$$, insisted the Marine. So the leader shoved him into the yard and kicked him in the ass. The Marine went sprawling, but rolled to his knees, pulled a 9 mm pistol from inside his cammies and shot the leader dead.
In the resulting confusion, he emptied his sidearm on six terrorists, then with his knife he slashed the throat of one, and with an AK-47, which he took from one of the already dead terrorists, sprayed the rest of the terrorists killing another 11. In a flash, all of them were either dead or fleeing for their lives.

As the Marine was untying Couric, Gibson, and Williams, they asked him, 'Why didn't you just shoot them all in the first place? Why did you ask him to kick you in the a$$?'
'What?' replied the Marine, and have you three a$$holes report that I was the aggressor.....?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 06:57:24 PM »
I've know too many Marines not to be proud of them.  Happy Birthday!!!
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 10:11:19 PM »
Some of the best people I know are Marines.....and they even let Jamis be one, too......   =D

Happy Birthday, Marine Corps!!!
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.