Author Topic: A must buy  (Read 3478 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
A must buy
« on: November 25, 2011, 10:45:24 PM »
I'm going to go to hell for having far too much fun with this.

http://www.attackspider.com/
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 01:11:25 AM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Re: A must buy
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 11:24:01 PM »
Somehow I'm getting the impression that if you buy this it will not be used as advertised.  :O

Yes, you will go to hell.  :lol:
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 11:41:54 PM »
Ya know, my nephew is deathly afraid of spiders....... >:D
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 11:44:56 PM »
I bet the music is better in hell.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 12:05:01 AM »

They make RC controlled "spiders".  I would not recommend putting one on a coworker's desk, covered by papers.  With the tail end of the papers stuck to the desk with a tape loop so that the spider is completely uncovered as it rushes out towards said coworker with a severe phobia of spiders.

Who am I kidding?  I deeply recommend it.

I bet the music is better in hell.

Having been to both Paradise and Hell, I can assure you that it is.  Plus more beer and attractive women. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 12:05:49 AM »
We've got something similar set up at work. One of the guys brought in a plastic spider about 3" in diameter and we've got it strung up with some really thin Lycra core nylon. Pull the release and it drops about 6 feet out of a duct down to head level. It's been there about 3 or 4 years and everyone knows about it, but if it only gets used about once a month it's still very effective  >:D
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 12:42:36 AM »
My grandfather was a blacksmith.  He was also very afraid of snakes.  A co-worker threw a length of rope at him and yelled "SNAKE".  My grandfather threw back a sledgehammer.

AFAIK, no charges were filed.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 12:50:08 AM »
I have had a spider like that for years, of course it was marketed and bought as a Halloween decoration. I wish I had thought of this repurposing of the item.

bob

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 12:51:34 AM »
I had an aunt who was very afraid of snakes. Once, when she visited when I was young, I let my pet snake loose in the living room.

Much better than a fake.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 07:31:59 AM »
*snicker* the other day dad squealed like a little girl when a midsized spider decended from the ceiling next to him.
I should get one of these things.  >:D

Just better make sure its set in a spot which won't be destroyed by holes, cause I have no doubt ge'll try to shoot it.  :O
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 09:51:02 PM »
I'm going to go to hell for having far too much fun with this.

http://www.attackspider.com/

If so, be sure to look me up.  I'll be smoking a turd, three lava pools down on your left.

note to self: buy one of these things
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 10:40:14 PM »
I was looking at one of those RC spiders in the store.  They look pretty real.  Wife said NO.

We had a guy in the company I worked for that was deathly afraid of spiders.  He was at our maintenance facility in the UP of MI.  Well, my bud here in Texas Fed-xed him a trantula overnight.  Guy liked to have a heart attack. 

There used to be a hamburger dive at Ohare airport in Chicago.  The skanky women that worked there were a real hoot.  They rigged a mouse and a spider on a string that they would drop out of the ceiling so it landed right in front of people eating at the counter.  I ate there every time I passed through ORD......chris3

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 11:48:19 AM »
I was sitting in conference room once with a group.  A real mouse fell through the ceiling onto the middle of the table right in front of me.  I felt lucky I didn't make any screams.  Fedex-ing a tarantula sounds really evil.  I bet it was still alive and moving when it arrived also.

At a previous assignment years ago, I office in a plant building on the 2nd floor under the control room.  I was sitting at my desk with a divider between me an a female engineer.  Her desk has a view of a closet with a microwave.  I hear a bang and a sudden scream.  I go around and she is pointing a the microwave.  There are broken ceiling tile pieces all over it.  Apparently, one of the stray cats crashed through and then jumped right back up.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 12:38:45 PM »
If you change employers, you should inspect the construction quality of the ceilings before you take the job. ;)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 01:37:34 AM »
I had an aunt who was very afraid of snakes. Once, when she visited when I was young, I let my pet snake loose in the living room.

Much better than a fake.

Two snake stories...

Back in the 8th grade I had an English teacher who was deathly afraid of snakes. He also loved Diet Coke and kept a case or two under his desk to keep in his minifridge. And his classroom was across the hall from our science teacher. Who just happened to have a fascinating little corn snake.

So one day when the snake shed it's skin...we put the skin on top of one of the English teacher's case of diet cokes. When he reached down to open the new package and felt that skin and looked...

Also one day back when I was around 6 or 7 I found a large rattlesnake skin in our junkyard at home and put it on Mom's dash...

My boss and my assistant manager are both deathly scared of spiders. First day at work the asst. manager and I were touring our shop and such and upon spotting a large wolf spider I blew on it to make it jump at her. That was very entertaining.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 12:26:41 PM »
Hrm,  AVG blocked a threat when I opened the link