Author Topic: Babysitter Charged with Abuse  (Read 1084 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Babysitter Charged with Abuse
« on: November 30, 2011, 07:27:33 AM »
California babysitter who advertised online charged with abuse

http://news.yahoo.com/california-babysitter-advertised-online-charged-abuse-060737217.html

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A teenager who advertised babysitting services over the Internet and was believed to have "conversed" with scores of parents has been jailed on charges of sexually abusing two boys of a Los Angeles-area client, police said on Tuesday.

Jordan Liu, 19, was arrested after one of the boys told his mother about being molested during a discussion she was having with her him about the Penn State University sex abuse scandal, police in suburban Glendale said.

Are you people that *expletive deleted*ing stoopid!? Really!?

Dry goods and clothes are relatively safe to purchase online. But babysitters?

Did you even bother to check references? Are you *expletive deleted*ing kidding me?

Oh, wait, it is California....what was I thinking.....using common sense and all..........never mind.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Babysitter Charged with Abuse
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 07:52:59 AM »
So you are telling me that a recommendation on Craigslist is not the same as one on Angie's List?

How's a body supposed to keep up with this stuff? :facepalm:

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 08:08:20 AM »
So you are telling me that a recommendation on Craigslist is not the same as one on Angie's List?

How's a body supposed to keep up with this stuff? :facepalm:

stay safe.
Bingo, baby!

'Course, a 19 y/o boy advertising for babysitting jobs online raised no eyebrows?
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 08:20:09 AM »
Bingo, baby!

'Course, a 19 y/o boy advertising for babysitting jobs online raised no eyebrows?

In the minds of many people a 19-year-old is a "kid" and thus unthreatening. And don't a lot of American 'teenagers' (albeit of a younger age and girls) hold down babysitting side-jobs?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 09:14:30 AM »
In the minds of many people a 19-year-old is a "kid" and thus unthreatening. And don't a lot of American 'teenagers' (albeit of a younger age and girls) hold down babysitting side-jobs?
Usually they are females.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 09:58:50 AM »
Jordan Liu, 19, was arrested after one of the boys told his mother about being molested during a discussion she was having with her him about the Penn State University sex abuse scandal, police in suburban Glendale said.

Maybe they don't know if "he" is a "she"?