Author Topic: ows defined  (Read 4978 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

brimic

• friends
Re: ows defined
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 09:06:33 PM »
Spot on!
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 09:13:44 PM »
That's about damned right! Thanks for the linky (even though it was a drive-by.)  ;)

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 10:15:40 PM »
Adam Carolla shares so many core beliefs with APSers, I wouldn't be surprised if he was one.  I've been listening to his podcast for close to a year and find myself generally in agreement with him.

BTW, did you guys know he worked his way up from practically nothing?

Chris

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 06:35:33 AM »
Listed to it a few days back.

Yes, he nails it.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 07:57:28 AM »
Me thinks he is over simplifying or ignoring the motivations behind the political unrest in the US, which is not limited to OWS. And terrrst attacks happened to us because we have women with big fake boobs and we party in big cars? Entertaining but misleading. He side steps mayor issues.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 09:03:04 AM »
Me thinks he is over simplifying or ignoring the motivations behind the political unrest in the US, which is not limited to OWS. And terrrst attacks happened to us because we have women with big fake boobs and we party in big cars? Entertaining but misleading. He side steps mayor issues.

Now, he's not my favorite guy, but blaming Giuliani for the terrorist attack is a bit of a stretch.   ;)
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 09:42:52 AM »
And terrrst attacks happened to us because we have women with big fake boobs and we party in big cars? Entertaining but misleading. He side steps mayor issues.

No he is correct about that too.
The musloids in dirkadirkastan hate us because of our excesses, or more importantly because the superwealthy mullahs have brainwashed the poor masses into thinking that our excesses are the source of their poverty.
This pattern was pretty much perfected by Hitler- "See you can't get a job, your currency is worth less, and you are in hopeless debt because of the Jew bankers."
Tell me the OWS isn't spewing the exact same line of BS.

Barack Obama

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 10:59:48 AM »
Really, guys?

:facepalm:

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 11:25:24 AM »
Really, guys?

Really what?
The only reason why I don't find the OWS movement to be terrifying is because of their general lack of organization skills or ambition.
Their motivations and sentiments are exactly those of the Nazis, though most of the herd is too stupid to understand it.
They need to be mocked, ridiculed, and cowed to the point where they crawl back into their mother's basements in shame.

Barack Obama

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 12:09:20 PM »
Taking cues from and agreeing with cartoon characters when it comes to politics is what.
Also,  really to your use of "dirkastan"  and the Godwin.

I re read to see if you were being facetious.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »
Sorry, godwin bs aside, sometimes the shoe fits.

Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 08:54:54 PM »
That's about damned right! Thanks for the linky (even though it was a drive-by.)  ;)

Well, in all fairness, the link itself had an adequate description.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 04:05:05 AM »
Well, in all fairness, the link itself had an adequate description.

I was under the impression that it was proper form to give a sampling of one's own thoughts regarding the subject of the article linked or barring that a sufficient explanation as to why the article is to the interest of the forum.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 01:24:25 PM »
Taking cues from and agreeing with cartoon characters when it comes to politics is what.

Yeah, cause if you like the way someone expresses your own opinion, that makes you a Mind-Numbed Robot. ;/ Thanks for showing us what enlightened reason looks like, professor.

Personally, I didn't listen for very long. He's just saying things I've heard before, but more crassly, and with an annoying voice.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 04:43:46 PM »
Yeah, cause if you like the way someone expresses your own opinion, that makes you a Mind-Numbed Robot. ;/ Thanks for showing us what enlightened reason looks like, professor.
Personally, I didn't listen for very long. He's just saying things I've heard before, but more crassly, and with an annoying voice.

Now if only I had some horses to eat that big old strawman argument :D

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 04:56:30 PM »
I use to listen to Adam Carolla on loveline, hilarious, and seemed to be pretty smart.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 05:17:42 PM »
yea, he seems like a funny guy.
Us humorous people are generally smarter then folks without humor. :angel: :cool:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 05:39:11 PM »
Now if only I had some horses to eat that big old strawman argument :D

why go for the straw man?  take the low hanging fruit.  "i didn't listen" then pontificating on what you didn't listen too is a soft pitch over the center of the plate
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 08:46:27 PM »
why go for the straw man?  take the low hanging fruit.  "i didn't listen" then pontificating on what you didn't listen too is a soft pitch over the center of the plate

Ha! Funny. I was responding to Pharmacology, not Carolla, so what Carolla said is irrelevant, thanks.

Where's this straw man, anyway? I don't see it.

Or maybe Pharma was talking about some cartoon character that Carolla mentioned? I thought he meant that Carolla was the cartoon character. I guess I wouldn't be too upset if I turned out to be wrong about some argument about what Adam Carolla said.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:44:50 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife