Author Topic: The Financial Crisis is also hitting our enemies  (Read 1439 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
The Financial Crisis is also hitting our enemies
« on: December 19, 2011, 04:14:30 PM »
Hezbollah In Dire Financial Straits

More from the archives of the Islamic Threat: it is not only that our enemies are inept and cowardly, but they are also hilariously corrupt:

According to Le Figaro, the terror group's investment manager had embezzled close to $1.6 billion.

I... I don't think I have anything to say here.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: The Financial Crisis is also hitting our enemies
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 04:52:44 PM »
He wouldn't be living "high on the hog" with that.  What, "high on the goat"? 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 05:12:57 PM »
Why don't they kill him?
I promise not to duck.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 05:21:43 PM »
Why don't they kill him?
Because that costs money and he stole it?
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 06:57:14 PM »
Haha, awesome Wishful thinking there - Syrian policy never has been to fund Hizbullah.  The regime was famously stingy in Lebanon, and it should be remembered that Hizbullah started as its enemy.  So how "funding cuts" from syria would hurt Hizbullah is a bit mysterious.

Funding cuts from Iran are plausible.  So is this story being a plant to bolster claims about Hizbullahs links to drug traffickers in America.

A good rule for judging Hizbullah related news is its level of claimed understanding - anyone who says he has a good grasp of Hizbullahs inside operations is making it up, as that is probably the most secretive organisation in the middle east. 

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 02:36:52 AM »
I've read the article, and I don't see where it says Syria is funding (or not funding) Hezbollah. Poor journalism, I suspect. It reports a connection between Syrian unrest and Hezbollah's cash flow, but doesn't say what that connection is.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 03:15:54 AM »
A good rule for judging Hizbullah related news is its level of claimed understanding - anyone who says he has a good grasp of Hizbullahs inside operations is making it up, as that is probably the most secretive organisation in the middle east. 

So, are you claiming expertise on the subject? =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 08:46:51 AM »
I've read the article, and I don't see where it says Syria is funding (or not funding) Hezbollah. Poor journalism, I suspect. It reports a connection between Syrian unrest and Hezbollah's cash flow, but doesn't say what that connection is.

?It's generally believed a lot of the  resources/cash that Iran provides are funneled through Syria but I do not know how that exactly works.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 09:05:25 AM »
Thanks.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife