Author Topic: Saddle up, Texas!  (Read 16350 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Saddle up, Texas!
« on: January 17, 2012, 08:12:27 AM »
At least here in Texas, I think we've decided enough bullshit.
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/01/14/ron-paul-wins-texas-presidential-straw-poll/
 >:D
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Saddle up, Texas!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 08:20:04 AM »
When is the Texas primary?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 08:45:34 AM »
Kick down the barn doors  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Saddle up, Texas!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 10:21:41 AM »
Maybe 03apr, maybe not.

The Holder doj, under the 196x voting wrongs act, disapproved of the tx redistricting plan, so tx went to federal court for relief.

Everything is still tbd.

Regards,
roo_ster
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

agricola

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 11:32:25 AM »
Fox (at least our version of it) seems to be virulently anti-Paul at the moment... does this mean he is winning?
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 11:40:21 AM »
Fox (at least our version of it) seems to be virulently anti-Paul at the moment... does this mean he is winning?

It means he is challenging the partisan status quo, which is what the media relies on (especially fox), for it's "nooz"
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 01:43:26 PM »
It means he is challenging the partisan status quo, which is what the media relies on (especially fox), for it's "nooz"

This.

I have seen and heard folk I always thought as reasonable, rational commentators go completely apeshiite over Ron Paul.

I then look into the reason for the primate poo-plosion and wonder what the big whoop is?  Every time one of the usual commentators goes emotionally incontinent over Ron Paul, it makes me want to support him just a little more.  If he is causing this level of scrotal torque among so many of the self-appinted elite/establishment, RP must be doing something right.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 02:17:33 PM »
I was never a big Ron Paul for President supporter, but I keep thinking he has to be better than Obama and likely Romney also.  At the very least, it would be 4 years of no new laws.  I could live with the few things I don't care for.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 02:43:51 PM »
I was never a big Ron Paul for President supporter, but I keep thinking he has to be better than Obama and likely Romney also.  At the very least, it would be 4 years of no new laws.  I could live with the few things I don't care for.

Ron Paul is dangerously naive in most of his policies. I believe he is one of the worst choices we could have for President.

However, since I think Obama and Romney are worse, I'm likely voting for Ron Paul in the VA primary. (All other choices having been kept off the ballot.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 03:01:12 PM »
Ron Paul is dangerously naive in most of his policies. I believe he is one of the worst choices we could have for President.

However, since I think Obama and Romney are worse, I'm likely voting for Ron Paul in the VA primary. (All other choices having been kept off the ballot.)

We have tried the common brand of 'realism'. It did not work.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 06:21:37 PM »
I was never a big Ron Paul for President supporter, but I keep thinking he has to be better than Obama and likely Romney also.  At the very least, it would be 4 years of no new laws.  I could live with the few things I don't care for.

Not to take away anything from RP but a rusted out, bent up trash can would be better than Obama.
Unless things change he will get my vote in the OK primary.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 06:51:11 PM »

What's dangerously naive about following the constitution and intent of the founding fathers?  Let me guess.... Thomas Jefferson would totally nuke Iran?
JD

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 09:27:12 PM »
What's dangerously naive about following the constitution and intent of the founding fathers?  Let me guess.... Thomas Jefferson would totally nuke Iran?

No, Tunisia.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 09:31:49 PM »
If Obama & company get their way, the Texas primary will be held on Nov. 3rd......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 09:32:10 PM »
No, Tunisia.

That bastard would not even ask for Congressional authorization.

You'd wake up one day and Tunis is a smoking hole in the ground.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 09:34:49 PM »
What's dangerously naive about following the constitution and intent of the founding fathers?  Let me guess.... Thomas Jefferson would totally nuke Iran?

What's naive is his lack of a plan to incrementally wean the United States off of the welfare state. What is naive is his thoughts that if only we weren't supporting our allies, our enemies would not hate us. What is naive is his thought that a gold standard is a cure-all.

And, yes, if Iran attacked us, TJ wouldn't hesitate to nuke Iran.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 09:37:27 PM »
What's naive is his lack of a plan to incrementally wean the United States off of the welfare state.

John Brown didn't have a plan to incrementally abolish slavery either.

What is naive is his thought that a gold standard is a cure-all.

It's not possible to fix the welfare state without destroying state-issued fiat currency. Ron Paul knows this.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 09:40:58 PM »

It's not possible to fix the welfare state without destroying state-issued fiat currency. Ron Paul knows this.

Forgive me if I'm not eager to replicate the results from not incrementally ending slavery. Care to scale up the casualties to current population?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »

Also, I note John Brown was never elected president. I guess there's another similarity to Ron Paul.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 09:44:19 PM »
Forgive me if I'm not eager to replicate the results from not incrementally ending slavery. Care to scale up the casualties to current.t population?

How many people died as a result of the end of slavery in England? Which was not incremental.

I don't remember there being many  casualties after 13th Amendment either (and we all know the war was not, to the North, mainly about slavery).

Besides, I doubt you'd have this view if you were a plantation slave.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 09:44:54 PM »
Also, I note John Brown was never elected president. I guess there's another similarity to Ron Paul.

Slavery ended up being abolished outright, not gradually done away with.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 10:14:15 PM »
Ron Paul says things that are logical, and not corpo-politically approved. This drives everyone in the establishment nuts, because they've created an environment where any challenge to their power is an outrage to be condemned as ludicrous.

What's that?  You don't want wall street bankers controlling the currency through the fed!  How dare you suggest that monetary doesn't benefit the people!

And to suggest that Iran is less of a threat things Russia and china!  You can't be serious, Russians and Chinese wear suits and read books, them ranians is MUSLIMS!!!!!!

Haha, the most hilarious thing about Ron Paul is that his positions are basic common sense, being portrayed as radically new or out there ideas.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 11:29:37 PM »
Somehow I knew you'd like Ron Paul.   [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 02:08:11 AM »
Somehow I knew you'd like Ron Paul.   [tinfoil]

I take that as a compliment - the more I learn about his policies the more I like them.  Ron Paul wants to demolish state power and increase individual power.   That is a good thing. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."