Author Topic: McDonald's with record sales  (Read 11005 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: McDonald's with record sales
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 07:21:56 AM »
Course, I say this as I munch on a Chick fil a breakfast burrito

So jealous. Do they serve breakfast all day?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 02:15:22 PM »
Speaking of chicken joints, I just tried KFCs "hot wings" last night. I will definitely be going back for more. I have no use for actual hot wings (which consist of a tiny bit of nasty-flavored meat, wrapped around chicken bones), but the KFC version is pretty good.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2012, 02:31:51 PM »
Speaking of chicken joints, I just tried KFCs "hot wings" last night. I will definitely be going back for more. I have no use for actual hot wings  :facepalm:(which consist of a tiny bit of nasty-flavored meat, wrapped around chicken bones), but the KFC version is pretty good.

Are you even human? 
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 02:53:34 PM »
The senior special.  The first time they gave that to me, I was kind of insulted.  The girl at the counter said, "You deserve it for dealing with that many years of crap."  Made me feel better and I kind of agree with her on that.  :laugh:

So, what's the senior age threshold  ???

Or does it depend on how rode hard and put up wet you look ?  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 03:54:02 PM »
Are you even human? 

The hot wings I have tried had a horse-radish/fancy mustard/wasabi taste to them. Are humans supposed to like that stuff?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 04:00:25 PM »
The hot wings I have tried had a horse-radish/fancy mustard/wasabi taste to them. Are humans supposed to like that stuff?

Where did you get them?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 05:00:01 PM »
I generally avoid all fast food joints.  If their food actually came out looking at least vaguely like it does in the commercials, and had real nutritional value I might change my mind.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2012, 05:34:42 PM »
I kind of like the boneless wings at Pizza Hut.....good sauces & not as greasy as most places.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2012, 06:03:36 PM »
Where did you get them?

Been a long time, so the memory is hazy. I had some at a friend's house a long time ago. Couldn't tell you where else I might have had them. An Army buddy of mine used to get them from the sports bar/arcade at Fort Hood (maybe it was called the Sports Dome or something?). He ate them with ranch dressing, which I imagine must be what eating from a dumpster tastes like.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 06:04:51 PM »
Go to Buffalo Wild Wings or Wing Stop.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 07:47:26 PM »
This is reminding me how much I miss the Tyson hot wings that used to be in the precooked meat section.
 :'(

Those were tasty (and not anything like what fistful said)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 08:07:59 PM »
Like you will trust anything he says? :laugh:

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 08:43:28 PM »
Like you will trust anything he says? :laugh:

But other foolish ignorent people might. We have a duty to the world to protect the innocent from fistful, for we are the only ones who can withstand his evil, and with great power, comes great responcibilty.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2012, 08:56:03 PM »
This thread reminded me that I need to contact McDonald's with a complaint.

I stopped at Mickey D's this morning on the way to a church committee meeting. I loathe the ham stuff they put in Egg McMuffins, so I looked for what used to be known as an "Egg and Cheese McMuffin" (no meat). Not on the menu. But the Sausage McMuffin with Egg was -- for $2.79. So I asked the brain-dead clerk what the price was for an Egg and Cheese McMuffin. After nearly five minutes of probing the touch screen, and asking me four times what it was I was asking about, she said it was $2.97. I pointed out to her that the Sausage McMuffin with Egg was $2.79, and I asked why I should pay 18 cents MORE to get the same sandwich without the sausage. She couldn't answer. And she didn't have the initiative to call the manager over and ask.

I didn't have time to push the issue so I ordered two of the Sausage McMuffin with Egg calorie bombs and left. In retrospect, the special of the day/week/month was two of the regular Egg McMuffins for $3.00. I should have gotten those and just removed the (purported) ham.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2012, 09:19:54 PM »
But other foolish ignorent people might. We have a duty to the world to protect the innocent from fistful, for we are the only ones who can withstand his evil, and with great power, comes great responcibilty.

Oh yes the innocent ones.  You are so correct, we must protect them from evil.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2012, 10:05:55 PM »

I stopped at Mickey D's this morning on the way to a church committee meeting. I loathe the ham stuff they put in Egg McMuffins, so I looked for what used to be known as an "Egg and Cheese McMuffin" (no meat). Not on the menu. But the Sausage McMuffin with Egg was -- for $2.79. So I asked the brain-dead clerk what the price was for an Egg and Cheese McMuffin. After nearly five minutes of probing the touch screen, and asking me four times what it was I was asking about, she said it was $2.97. I pointed out to her that the Sausage McMuffin with Egg was $2.79, and I asked why I should pay 18 cents MORE to get the same sandwich without the sausage. She couldn't answer. And she didn't have the initiative to call the manager over and ask.

I didn't have time to push the issue so I ordered two of the Sausage McMuffin with Egg calorie bombs and left. In retrospect, the special of the day/week/month was two of the regular Egg McMuffins for $3.00. I should have gotten those and just removed the (purported) ham.

Don't go to <fast food place> and expect good service. Go to <FFP> to get the exact same item they sell at every other location. They sell consistency at a low price. Nothing else.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2012, 05:22:47 PM »
The sport of eating at Bojangle's (pronounced "bo'-hangles" is their biscuits on any given day range from gourmet to WTH?  They sell a killer steak biscuit they will at time position against McD's 2 for $3 specials.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2012, 05:55:09 PM »

I think Egg McMuffins are just egg and cheese, no ham. Aren't they?

I hadn't been to a McDonalds in years until my wife got pregnant and found having some of their greasey breakfast bombs helped with the morning sickness. Haven't really been back since.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2012, 03:31:33 PM »
I think Egg McMuffins are just egg and cheese, no ham. Aren't they?

I hadn't been to a McDonalds in years until my wife got pregnant and found having some of their greasey breakfast bombs helped with the morning sickness. Haven't really been back since.
The worst is their Steak bagel. It just reeks grease.....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2012, 03:35:13 PM »
And what about the whole pink slime thing? mmm, tasty..  [barf]

They do have good coffee. it's Newman's Own around here.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2012, 07:58:19 PM »

mmmmmmmmm  grease!
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2012, 08:49:00 AM »

I really like that one!
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

brimic

• friends
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2012, 08:58:52 PM »
Bacon egg and cheese biscuit was always my favorite but I probably haven't had one in 5 years.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2012, 10:33:40 PM »
Okay Wmenorr, just for you I went and got some Original Hot Wings at Wing Stop. They were not as bad as I remembered, but they have that same taste that I just don't like. I ate about half of my order and went and got a 1/4 Pounder.

I will say they were respectably hot, which I don't often find in restaurant food.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2012, 11:03:36 PM »
Okay Wmenorr, just for you I went and got some Original Hot Wings at Wing Stop. They were not as bad as I remembered, but they have that same taste that I just don't like. I ate about half of my order and went and got a 1/4 Pounder.

I will say they were respectably hot, which I don't often find in restaurant food.

What is the taste you don't like?