Author Topic: Oak Ridge officers won't be charged in road-rage incident  (Read 32393 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Oak Ridge officers won't be charged in road-rage incident
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2012, 05:55:49 PM »
yea they are phased out here too except for a few special patrols on the highways.  and they muse the slick top cars  marked  no light bar
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2012, 05:57:30 PM »
You are sure starting to sound a lot like fistful.  Can't just admit when you are on the wrong side of a situation.  

Next thing you know, he'll be singing the praises of pepperoni over bacon. :O
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2012, 06:12:05 PM »
Today I tought a basic ridercourse to new riders.

Since I taught them to look behind them when slowing, am I now an accessory to a "felony?"

Also, on the way home, a car flew by me at 100 or so... then slammed the brakes, nearly sideswiped me changing lanes, and sped off.

Later down the road, he was pulled over. Guess what the officer didn't have out while talking to him?

his weapon.

Wanna know why?

Because cops aren't prejudiced against cars.

But if it was a bike, might as well wipe your ass with your rights, right?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 06:19:22 PM by Fitz »
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2012, 06:17:09 PM »
Next thing you know, he'll be singing the praises of pepperoni over bacon. :O

that mean you took the time to watch the vid and are through? :angel:
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2012, 06:29:26 PM »
"when freedom is outlawed then only outlaws will have freedom"

I was talking to some fellow NY messengers who ride motorcycles, lots of new york riders around the NYC metro area have simply taken off their plates and if they get pulled over they elude.

Like the insane gun laws, NY motorcycle laws are written by people who never ride and hate that other people do. It seems as if many east coast cops dislike motorcycles. My brother is a cop in NY he tried to pull a speeder over for going 65 on a highway posted 55 ;/ ??? - couldn't catch him.

Also told he had a detail a few times, drive exactly the speed limit in the fast lane, then pull over the angry people :mad: ???

The east coast is a strange place, NV is strict but ten over in the fast lane on a highway won't even raise an eyebrow.

I was speeding myself one time on my way south to the Golden Gate Bridge, 5 lanes of bumper to bumper & the cop car was like ten 15 cars behind me , I was lane splitting at high speed there was no way to really safely make it to the side of the road ... Lane splitting is safe, common in the SF bay area-one of the few cool things about CA. I didn't pull over and do not feel at all guilty.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

• friends
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2012, 06:29:55 PM »
Today I tought a basic ridercourse to new riders.

Since I taught them to look behind them when slowing, am I now an accessory to a "felony?"

Also, on the way home, a car flew by me at 100 or so... then slammed the brakes, nearly sideswiped me changing lanes, and sped off.

Later down the road, he was pulled over. Guess what the officer didn't have out while talking to him?

Draw his weapon.

Wanna know why?

Because cops aren't prejudiced against cars.

But if it was a bike, might as well wipe your ass with your rights, right?

i never felt picked on when i rode. in fact i got slack.  lots of cops ride and are pretty understanding about how it is.

do cops usually get folks outa the car in your experience?  i almost never see that unless its prelude to a dui

there are plenty of folks annoyed by the plethora of squids out there having fun. plenty of folks scared by em a few get hurt. if bikers want to be better treated they might wanna look at their own behavior.  the ones who don't drive stupid but give the wink and nod to those that do especially

http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/magazine/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_arch&article_id=1536

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »
the cop was beside himself?!

Yeah, beside himself.

If he had a cool and collected thought he could have waited for the marked car that was a few seconds behind him to catch up and do a proper stop, seeing as there was a line of cars on the exit and the biker was clearly slowing down coming to a full stop behind the traffic. But apparently he was so outraged by the biker's stunt that he decided to pull one of his own. 

On top of that, he should have identified himself as police as soon as he exited his vehicle and unholstered his pistol but apparently he was too worked up to think about doing that. Any person who is thinking straight will realize that cutting someone off, jumping out yelling and waving a firearm, then as an afterthought saying "Oh, BTW I'm State Police", isn't a good idea.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 07:50:22 PM by Blakenzy »
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2012, 08:02:16 PM »
I am confused by the term squids.  ??? Is that a common term for motorcycle riders?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2012, 08:09:06 PM »
I am confused by the term squids.  ??? Is that a common term for motorcycle riders?

It's a derogatory term for reckless sportbike rider.

Acronym of Stupid, Quick, Under-dressed, Imminently Dead.

ETA: Urban dictionary made me chuckle:

squid   
An extremely rare animal with a short lifespan. Usually a new sport bike enthusiast with the reasoning of a lunatic, whom you might see thrashing on an R1 wearing sandals, shorts, and a tee.
When found lying motionless on the pavement, this creature transforms itself into a stream of blood, exposed flesh, and broken limbs. 

« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:13:00 PM by dogmush »

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
if bikers want to be better treated they might wanna look at their own behavior

Truth to that  ;)

I really don't care how fast you want to ride, but I highly resent the erratic riding that puts me in the position of likely having to scrap you off some part of my vehicle.  :P

Clue: after passing another vehicle, it is polite and safe to allow adequate following distance before moving back into the right lane.  If a biker tries to dash in and pass on the right in a blind spot, close encounters of the deadly kind may occur.  ;)

I have no tolerance for either idiot bikers or idiot cops  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2012, 12:25:29 AM »
Not to cop bash, but I just thought I'd toss a little substitution at the oscillating impeller and see what hit the walls.

if bikers cops want to be better treated they might wanna look at their own behavior.  the ones who don't drive act stupid but give the wink and nod to those that do especially