Author Topic: Oak Ridge officers won't be charged in road-rage incident  (Read 32383 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Oak Ridge officers won't be charged in road-rage incident
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 06:43:17 PM »
Again, answer my question: Was there ANYTHING on that stop worthy of getting a gun pulled?

Want me to ask the rider to scan a copy of the citation to post here?

Also, did you notice how the cop attempted to hide the gun when his pal showed up with the dashcam?

Yeah. He knew he was wrong

you and i clearly watched different videos

you really think the cop was afraid the trooper he coordinated the stop with would see his gun? why?
 that was a soft stop. i've been yanked off the bike in the same spot. in your world view the young man who looked over his shoulder as he was decelerating on the ramp failed to notice the cop pulling up on him? you said you saw the citation? i would think a poor victim like him would have posted it long ago.  heck he posted the evidence used to jack him on the traffic charges and get em escalated.. your allegation of speedo nonsense fails with me.  if you use search and look at the long earlier thread you will see that his speed as indicated matched the speed limit when he was moving with the flow of traffic and unless his "error" only happened when he turned on the wick i think the squid got what he had coming.  i hate it when they cry when they get caught. i wasn't the one who enchanced the vid in the earlier thread  it was beaten pretty good then.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 06:49:48 PM »
OK guy.

You win. He was wrong, and deserved a gun in his face.

Maybe next time he'll do us all a favor and die

;/

He was NOT doing 130... 130 is a lot faster than that.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 07:10:25 PM »
so thats a no to showing the citation? i ran searches on google looking. did the poor victim get a sudden case of shy? all i found was the formal charging document and it doesn't have the word radar anywhere. maybe i need to refine my search?

here the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK5bMSyJCsg
the speedo is visible
you would have me believe its works fine at 65 and throws a magic error at 127?
.44 in 1.13 in are good
at 3:00 he looks back over his shoulder as the cop comes up on him
at what point do you imagine, and i stress imagine , the gun was anywhere near his face?  did one of us miss something?
i do stand corrected his speedo read 127
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 07:17:05 PM »
So, he was doing the speed limit because a.) it was indicated, and b.) surrounding traffic was matching his speed.

That's your evidence.

Got it.

around 40-50 seconds in was maybe 90 MPH. POSSIBLY 100. I couldn't see the speedo in that time range.

But you're the expert.

All i know is, if an unidentified dude gets out and draws a weapon on me without immediately saying something, it might not work well for him.

Gun wasn't in his face. LOL....

Your definition of "in his face" is different than mine, apparently.

Tell me this, officer CSD, if they had any evidence of him doing 130, don't you think that's what they would have cited him with? ESPECIALLY considering the hoopla surrounding the case?

Also, I don't know if you knew this, but indicated speeds on sportbikes are GODAWFUL. Google it. EVERY manufacurer, even without the speedo healer issue, is WAY off, particularly up high. This has been verified with all the japanese brands in particular.

My old VTR would indicate 140 when i was doing 105 radar. GPS read 110.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:20:47 PM by Fitz »
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 07:38:48 PM »
Screw it. I'm done with this.

If you really want to believe that the officer acted properly, that's fine.

Moderators, please for the love of god delete all my posts in this thread.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 07:54:08 PM »
Here's my question - since when is a motorcyclist (whose whole body is visible) Simone so likely to be a threat that the gun needs to be out? 

Looks to me like officer uhler has seen one too many episodes of the wire
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 07:54:56 PM »
Because motorcyclists are dangerous! Especially when they're... you know... going FAST and stuff!

I asked the same question, and Officer CSD repeatedly ignored the question.

In other news, my day is ruined now, because I suspect De Selby and I share views on this issue. And that does not sit well with me  [tinfoil] >:D :facepalm: [barf]
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 08:01:12 PM »
my understanding was they modified his traffic charges since he was kind enough to post hd video for them..
i watched the vid on my lap top and could read the 127.
squid got a break got all butt hurt and tried to play victim.  got bit in the butt. as it should be. his second posting of the vid was 45 seconds long and he removed the audio . he tried to claim the cop didn't id himself. i think he knew he was had thats why he turned his head and looked back. did i miss where this occurred?
"deserved a gun in his face."
i think him trying to shade the truth about the cops behavior was a poor choice. trying to damage anothers career with deceit earns him slimy creature points. i hope he showed more character as a non com.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 08:04:53 PM »
my understanding was they modified his traffic charges since he was kind enough to post hd video for them..
i watched the vid on my lap top and could read the 127.
squid got a break got all butt hurt and tried to play victim.  got bit in the butt. as it should be. his second posting of the vid was 45 seconds long and he removed the audio . he tried to claim the cop didn't id himself. i think he knew he was had thats why he turned his head and looked back. did i miss where this occurred?
"deserved a gun in his face."
i think him trying to shade the truth about the cops behavior was a poor choice. trying to damage anothers career with deceit earns him slimy creature points. i hope he showed more character as a non com.

I was talking about the longer one.  I watched the longer one with audio. In fact, the shorter one i just saw a bit ago, which i suspect is the one you were talking about, had audio. Can you post this alleged "no audio" version?

he looked back because the other car pulled behind him and lit him up.

Sorry, Officer CSD, but it took a LONG TIME for the "state police" line to come out of that cops mouth.

And you know what? HIM trying to play the victim?

HE WAS CHARGED WITH WIRETAPPING!

He WAS THE VICTIM, of a trumped up, bogus charge by police who were embarrased that their officer lost his cool!

What you're essentially saying is, bogus, trumped up charges that strain credulity and constitutionality are OK, so long as you're a Bad Guy (tm)

Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 08:07:02 PM »
Here's my question - since when is a motorcyclist (whose whole body is visible) Simone so likely to be a threat that the gun needs to be out? 

Looks to me like officer uhler has seen one too many episodes of the wire

ya think?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ab4_1308408098
i think a guy backing his bike up reving it has the potential to take off and run me down. not that any squids ever done that. its interesting. i was a shameless squid. as a result i walked for 17 years after i got outa jail from my last stupid bike trick. and the we have msf instructor defending the video squid

• friends
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 08:07:41 PM »
I was talking about the longer one.  I watched the longer one with audio. In fact, the shorter one i just saw a bit ago, which i suspect is the one you were talking about, had audio. Can you post this alleged "no audio" version?

Sorry, Officer CSD, but it took a LONG TIME for the "state police" line to come out of that cops mouth.

He WAS THE VICTIM, of a trumped up, bogus charge by police who were embarrased that their officer lost his cool!

What you're essentially saying is, bogus, trumped up charges that strain credulity and constitutionality are OK, so long as you're a Bad Guy (tm)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 08:08:28 PM »
ya think?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ab4_1308408098
i think a guy backing his bike up reving it has the potential to take off and run me down. not that any squids ever done that. its interesting. i was a shameless squid. as a result i walked for 17 years after i got outa jail from my last stupid bike trick. and the we have msf instructor defending the video squid

The guy didn't rev anything that I can see.

I'm not defending speeding. I'm saying that A.) it isn't worth having a gun drawn on you, and B.) they tried to screw him with bull*expletive deleted* charges.

EDIT: yep. just watched again. His CBR was IDLING, from the moment the car pulled up until he shut it off. There was no revving

I counted 5 whole seconds from the moment the gun was visible till the moment the guy finally said who he was.

Are you going to call the MSF now and tattle on me? Since apparently you're all about authority and all.

Or is it your position that as an MSF instructor i shouldn't comment on things related to motorcycles? I'd say i'm uniquely qualified to do so, actually
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:12:44 PM by Fitz »
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 08:18:21 PM »

junior looked back over his shoulder as he was just starting to slow down on the ramp.  the only car behind him was the unmarked car.  the one he tried to claim he didn't know was a cop. what car are you now claiming lit him up? i don't think he was ever "lit up" in the way i understand the term.

the day after he got popped he posted a very short "zomg look what he did to me vid" and he claimed in that one that there was no audio available. he also tried to claim the cop never id'd himself. unfortunately the night before flush with the certitude of youth he had posted his longer "wow look at what i did" vid complete with all the audio.  poor decision making. he even mentioned he got off light 80 mph ticket and got to walk.  then apparently he decided to get cute. play victim.  that got the cops interested and they charged him. that law needs to be revisited by the legislature the charge as the law is written was valid.  the judge ruled on the law not the validity of the charge. so juniors dreams of at least salvaging a settlement in exchange for f'ing up his career are poof in the wind.  theres a hundres squids post poor me vids only trying to damage someone else career with 1/2 truths got juniors pee pee whacked and he showed lil for me to admire.  not someone i want leading my grand kids anywhere dangerous

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 08:18:43 PM »
LOL.

I see nothing related to that "getting off light" comment at all.

Ok dude. Your perspective is so skewed it's ridiculous.

I'm finished. I'm glad you're ok with trumped up, unconstitutional charges, so long as the person is "doing something wrong."

So by your logic, I suppose we should just start manufacturing bullshit charges for anyone popped for anything? That'll learn em!

While we're at it, we should go ahead and start drawing guns every time someone speeds. And hell... we don't NEED to say who we are or flash a badge until 5 seconds later, do we?

Dude hid the gun from the dash cam. It's Plain as day. You can see him glance up, then slide the gun behind his leg and surreptitiously holster it.

Good to know who the police statists are on this board.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:22:40 PM by Fitz »
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 08:24:05 PM »
Also, want to show me where he looked at the marked car before it actually stopped behind him?
Because I'm not seeing that either

the audio starts at 3:15 there is a longer one with all the audio out there as the audio starts at 3:15 hes pushing back and i can hear the bike coming down from being reved in the straight vid hes blipping it as he starts to push back

thats good he never looked at the marked car.  he looked back on the unmarked one as it moved up on him

see?  like i said here?
"junior looked back over his shoulder as he was just starting to slow down on the ramp.  the only car behind him was the unmarked car.  the one he tried to claim he didn't know was a cop"

which car are you claiming lit him up?

where did you see his citation again?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2012, 08:28:00 PM »
the audio starts at 3:15 there is a longer one with all the audio out there as the audio starts at 3:15 hes pushing back and i can hear the bike coming down from being reved in the straight vid hes blipping it as he starts to push back

thats good he never looked at the marked car.  he looked back on the unmarked one as it moved up on him

see?  like i said here?
"junior looked back over his shoulder as he was just starting to slow down on the ramp.  the only car behind him was the unmarked car.  the one he tried to claim he didn't know was a cop"

which car are you claiming lit him up?

where did you see his citation again?

He looked behind him when slowing because YOURE FRIGGIN SUPPOSED TO DO THAT!

It's part of the MSF curriculum, and you're SUPPOSED to look back when you slow at ramps, intersections, etc.

Also, ther was no blipping as he was backing up. None. You're seeing things. The audio is already started by the time he starts pushing back, and there is no blipping

I'm assuming the marked car behind him had lit him up. I thought that's the "looking behind" you were speaking of.

So, these are the circumstances in which false charges are OK?

« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:37:33 PM by Fitz »
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2012, 08:37:15 PM »
the cops forwarded charges to the states attorney. he was charged under existing state law.  a law that still exists.  the drug ruled the law was bad.  perhaps the difference between that and trumped up charges escapes you. until the legislature changes that law he might get charged again if he does it again and thats assuming the prosecutor doesn't appeal the ruling and prevail.

did junior tape the cop?
does md law require 2 party consent?
how was the charge false?
did someone lie?  besides junior?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2012, 08:39:03 PM »
the cops forwarded charges to the states attorney. he was charged under existing state law.  a law that still exists.  the drug ruled the law was bad.  perhaps the difference between that and trumped up charges escapes you. until the legislature changes that law he might get charged again if he does it again and thats assuming the prosecutor doesn't appeal the ruling and prevail.

did junior tape the cop?
does md law require 2 party consent?
how was the charge false?
did someone lie?  besides junior?

Oh, so as long as a bullshit charge is IN ACCORDANCE WITH LAW, we're supposed to accept it.

You said he wasn't a victim. I'm still waiting for you to defend that ridiculous assertion.

A bogus charge is a bogus charge, even if within the letter of the law.

The judge ruled the law is bad, which means that, even if it's still on the books, it's CHANGED. we have something called Case law in this country.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2012, 08:48:37 PM »
Oh, so as long as a bull*expletive deleted* charge is IN ACCORDANCE WITH LAW, we're supposed to accept it.

You said he wasn't a victim. I'm still waiting for you to defend that ridiculous assertion.

A bogus charge is a bogus charge, even if within the letter of the law.

The judge ruled the law is bad, which means that, even if it's still on the books, it's CHANGED. we have something called Case law in this country.

he was a victim of his own arrogance and stupidity but they can't charge him for that

where did you see that citation again?  and i was looking for the reference to his gear change and speedo issue and couldn't find that either  can you help me out?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2012, 09:03:52 PM »
he was a victim of his own arrogance and stupidity but they can't charge him for that

where did you see that citation again?  and i was looking for the reference to his gear change and speedo issue and couldn't find that either  can you help me out?

Met the guy. That's all you need to know.

I think the citation I saw wasn't the one from this incident though, because the timeframe isn't right.

Still doesn't invalidate ANYthing I said.

Fact: speedos are not a valid indicator of speed, especially on bikes. Even factory, they GROSSLY overestimate speed. I think there was a big deal about this when the k7 GSXRs came out, because the indicated speed was 10-15 percent higher than actual speed. Going with a different rear sprocket will greatly exacerbate this.

Fact: Bogus charge of wiretapping because their cop got caught being too aggressive. A fact even the COP agrees with, as evidenced by him attempting to hide the gun when the other car pulls up.

You have yet to provide me with a compelling reason to draw a gun on a speeder, or to provide me with an actual reason why the charge wasn't bull*expletive deleted*
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:07:49 PM by Fitz »
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2012, 02:24:49 AM »
"an actual reason why the charge wasn't bull*expletive deleted*"

you mean other than the fact that md law makes 2 party consent a  requirement? and still does as we speak?

"Still doesn't invalidate ANYthing I said."

other than your earlier claims about radar?

"Fact: speedos are not a valid indicator of speed, especially on bikes. Even factory, they GROSSLY overestimate speed. I think there was a big deal about this when the k7 GSXRs came out, because the indicated speed was 10-15 percent higher than actual speed. Going with a different rear sprocket will greatly exacerbate this."

his speedo isn't driven off the front wheel? did he change tire/wheel size?

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2012, 03:16:37 AM »

In other news, my day is ruined now, because I suspect De Selby and I share views on this issue. And that does not sit well with me  [tinfoil] >:D :facepalm: [barf]

It can happen to the best of us.

BTW, one time while lane splitting around 80 on the 101 near San Francisco I heard the cop siren, I slowed down and looked all over and could not see any cops.

Being that I was a messenger at the time I decided that I had better stop lally gagging and started lane splitting around 90 ... once I got clear of traffic I was simply zooming south and relaxing, somewhere close to 90 , which on a good sportbike is perfectly safe and reasonable on a highway.

Then the cop on his harley finally caught up with me, I figured he couldn't lane split but tried and had one to many close calls or cups of coffee because he was visibly really angry and shaking.

I think he wanted to shoot me but never cleared leather.

He cited me for speeding and reckless, had to pay the speeding part but the judge said lane splitting was legal-sometimes CA rules.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2012, 07:25:00 AM »
"an actual reason why the charge wasn't bull*expletive deleted*"

you mean other than the fact that md law makes 2 party consent a  requirement? and still does as we speak?

Two party consent only applies when one party has an expectation of privacy.  Since both parties were outside their vehicles on a public street that would be pretty hard to argue.  Plenty of case law on that as well.  That's why the wiretapping was a BS charge.

"Fact: speedos are not a valid indicator of speed, especially on bikes. Even factory, they GROSSLY overestimate speed. I think there was a big deal about this when the k7 GSXRs came out, because the indicated speed was 10-15 percent higher than actual speed. Going with a different rear sprocket will greatly exacerbate this."

his speedo isn't driven off the front wheel? did he change tire/wheel size?

Motorcycle speedos (and car speedos too for that matter) are driven off the transmission output shaft.  So both gear and tire size changes affect heir veracity.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2012, 07:50:05 AM »
Have to sympathise with Fitz here - my question is this: why on earth would you introduce the drawn weapon into a situation that began with speeding?  Imagine if that had gone wrong...someone getting shot over a speeding ticket?  It's grossly irresponsible to approach a traffic fine with a shooting in mind. 

I do think it makes it worse that it's a motorcycle, not a car with tinted windows or something else that might give the officer less security in the stop.

There's no reason to behave that way for a traffic offence.  Officers ought to treat people with respect, like equals, under the circumstances.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2012, 08:07:08 AM »
Ok dude. Your perspective is so skewed it's ridiculous.

Of course it is.  In CSD land, the only bad cops are the ones that arrest illegals for being here, well, illegally.  All other cops are the good guys and always deserve the benefit of the doubt because they are such good guys that they couldn't possibly have done anything wrong.

Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.