Author Topic: Rick Santorm takes CO, MO, MN  (Read 6682 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Rick Santorm takes CO, MO, MN
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 07:55:14 PM »
I like Santorum, not for any really good reason but he sounds like a guy that will slay his enemies with a short sword that was commonly used by Roman Soldiers.

Personally I prefer Palin, but any of the R's seem better then what we have now.

So each their own.  Mind you, he sees the citizenry as such.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 10:18:15 PM »
"This whole idea of personal autonomy, well I don’t think most conservatives hold that point of view. Some do. They have this idea that people should be left alone, be able to do whatever they want to do, government should keep our taxes down and keep our regulations low, that we shouldn’t get involved in the bedroom, we shouldn’t get involved in cultural issues. You know, people should do whatever they want. Well, that is not how traditional conservatives view the world and I think most conservatives understand that individuals can’t go it alone."

That sums the man up. He honestly does believe it too. He legitimately believes that basically people are untrustworthy and should be regulated as much as possible by the government, in ALL possible areas. 

Toss in the "We should bomb someone every week" rhetoric he was using at the time, he managed to thoroughly piss off both liberals and conservatives. Only folks that liked him were Palace Guard GOP types and neo-cons.

In other words, what Beck calls a "rightwing Progressive."  "Righteousness" trumping Liberty.  Got it, thanks.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 11:51:09 AM »
Thanks for the quotes and the YouTube link.  Rick is more dangerous than I thought.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 06:02:34 PM »
Yeah, Santorum's something of a raging hypocrite. :facepalm:

Recently, regarding the contraceptive flap:
"This is simply someone trying to impose their values on somebody else, with the arm of the government doing so. That should offend everybody, people of faith and no faith that the government could get on a roll that is that aggressive.”

Back in, what, January?, he had this to say:
“One of the criticisms I make is to what I refer to as more of a Libertarianish right. They have this idea that people should be left alone, be able to do whatever they want to do, government should keep our taxes down and keep our regulations low, that we shouldn’t get involved in the bedroom, we shouldn’t get involved in cultural issues. That is not how traditional conservatives view the world."

It's not, apparently, so much that Santorum has a problem with Big Government - his record amply demonstrates that he's a big fan of it, in fact. He just is opposed to Big Government pursuing planks of the DEMOCRAT PARTY platform, rather than his own preferred intrusive nanny-state nonsense.

Yeah, I'll pass.  Right-wing religious nanny-statism is as offensive to me as left-wing secular nanny-statism is, and both are violations of the Constitution and the principles the Founders set up for us to be guided by. Santorum is NOT the answer.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2012, 07:24:52 PM »
+1

The answer to syphilis is not the mercury treatment.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.