Main Forums > The Roundtable

Big Chill Hits Gore Global Warming Movie

(1/5) > >>

Desertdog:
I love it when an elite makes a gaff like this.   Now they have 10 years to avert a "major catastrophe" from Gloal Warming.  Less than 30 years ago they said we were going to be in an all out Ice Age.  For some reason, I don't know why, I have trouble paying any attention to them, except to shake my head and wonder where their brains are.

Big Chill Hits Gore Global Warming Movie
http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/5/22/113847.shtml?s=ic

In just two days, former Vice President Al Gore's blockbuster global warming movie, "An Inconvenient Truth," hits theaters nationwide. But the weather doesn't seem to be cooperating.

Instead of the sweltering late-May temperatures that might give the impression there was something to Gore's claims that the planet is melting, New Yorkers turned up their thermostats Sunday night to fend off an unusual pre-Memorial Day chill.

In the lower Hudson Valley, frost warnings were issued, as the overnight temperature dipped to a chilly 38 degrees Fahrenheit.

The rest of the country was enjoying unseasonably cool weather as well, with Dallas and Atlanta - where the temperature often tops 90 degrees by late-May - coming in 10 degrees below seasonal norms.

Chicago's temperature had climbed to just 55 degrees by mid-morning.

Still, the late-spring cold snap has done nothing to chill Mr. Gore's overheated rhetoric.

"We face a planetary emergency," he claimed over the weekend. His film's promotional Web site declares:

"Humanity is sitting on a time bomb. If the vast majority of the world's scientists are right, we have just 10 years to avert a major catastrophe that could send our entire planet's climate system into a tail-spin of epic destruction involving extreme weather, floods, droughts, epidemics and killer heat waves beyond anything we have ever experienced - a catastrophe of our own making."

grampster:
I think AlGore may be confused.  He is actually talking about when the Lefties get back in charge of the gubmint again.  (as if they ever weren't)

brimic:

--- Quote ---former Vice President Al Gore's blockbuster global warming movie, "An Inconvenient Truth,"Wow, didn't know that the word 'blockbuster' has become so pedestrian. If a movie attracts 30 people nationwide is it still a blockbuster?

280plus:
Where's that damn head banging smilie? To think I voted for that dumbass.

I apologize.

client32:

--- Quote ---Instead of the sweltering late-May temperatures that might give the impression there was something to Gore's claims that the planet is melting, New Yorkers turned up their thermostats Sunday night to fend off an unusual pre-Memorial Day chill.

In the lower Hudson Valley, frost warnings were issued, as the overnight temperature dipped to a chilly 38 degrees Fahrenheit.

The rest of the country was enjoying unseasonably cool weather as well, with Dallas and Atlanta - where the temperature often tops 90 degrees by late-May - coming in 10 degrees below seasonal norms.

Chicago's temperature had climbed to just 55 degrees by mid-morning.I know where all that extra heat went.  Right here.  We had a couple of 100 degree days this past weekend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version